sharetrader
Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311
Results 3,101 to 3,109 of 3109
  1. #3101
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Out of curiosity, during your globe trotting, which of the many "races" you have encountered "have the stamina to go the distance?"
    We all get to the end.

  2. #3102
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    We all get to the end.
    We all get to an end. However not all human races get to the end that Getty must have in mind. So I am curious to know which races get to the end goal Getty has set.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 08:57 AM.

  3. #3103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    We all get to an end. However not all human races get to the end that Getty must have in mind. So I am curious to know which races get to the end goal Getty has set.
    Hi Bjauck.
    Perhaps some misunderstanding of that post.

    I meant going the distance in debate, not any race having a finite end ,I didnt even use the word end, and no inference of "final solutions" or the like.

    I've since amended the post to include the word discussion.

    Obviously, All races have a right to debate.

  4. #3104
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Hi Bjauck.
    Perhaps some misunderstanding of that post.

    I meant going the distance in debate, not any race having a finite end ,I didnt even use the word end, and no inference of "final solutions" or the like.

    I've since amended the post to include the word discussion.

    Obviously, All races have a right to debate.
    Thanks for the refinement. If they can't go the distance, presumably you have set them a specific length of time (and forcefulness of the expression of their argument?) over they need to maintain the discussion to meet your standard? I am still curious which races have met your standard?

    Perhaps you may have meant culture or nationality rather than race? Argument and publicly expressing disagreement (especially with strangers) may have cultural taboos, especially with respect to women.

    After 45 years of rubbing shoulders with nearly every race on Earth, I've found few have the stamina to go the distance in such discussion.

  5. #3105
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    7,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I have no problem with the domestic passport.

    I have nothing but total contempt for the anti-vaxxers as they are more disgusting than Cindy.
    There are still things we agree on :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  6. #3106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Thanks for the refinement. If they can't go the distance, presumably you have set them a specific length of time (and forcefulness of the expression of their argument?) over they need to maintain the discussion to meet your standard? I am still curious which races have met your standard?

    Perhaps you may have meant culture or nationality rather than race? Argument and publicly expressing disagreement (especially with strangers) may have cultural taboos, especially with respect to women.

    After 45 years of rubbing shoulders with nearly every race on Earth, I've found few have the stamina to go the distance in such discussion.
    No limit or standard inferred by me.

    I agree with your taboo statement, which reinforces my point.

    Enough of skirting around on the periphery, do you wish to address my question; what is it that European have that Maori cannot have?

    Some observers may wish to contribute what Maori have, that European can not have.
    Last edited by Getty; Yesterday at 01:23 PM.

  7. #3107
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    No limit or standard inferred by me.

    I agree with your taboo statement, which reinforces my point.

    Enough of skirting around on the periphery, do you wish to address my question; what is it that European have that Maori cannot have?

    Some observers may wish to contribute what Maori have, that European can not have.
    I was just trying to clarify and understand your statement with respect to races and their ability to engage in discussion. I understand now that "stamina to go the distance" has no quantifiable meaning, and so is meaningless.

    I do not wish to engage with you on your subsequent question.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 03:16 PM.

  8. #3108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I was just trying to clarify and understand your statement with respect to races and their ability to engage in discussion. I understand now that "stamina to go the distance" has no quantifiable meaning, and so is meaningless.

    I do not wish to engage with you on your subsequent question.
    Bjauck, you have just put some meaning into not going the distance

  9. #3109
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Bjauck, you have just put some meaning into not going the distance
    LOL. I have to go by your agenda? It seems you do have criteria for your “stamina to go the distance test”. It is just arbitrarily imposed depending on your whim.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •