sharetrader
Page 144 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 44941341401411421431441451461471481541942446441144 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Maybe I haven't been keeping track well enough but I thought one issue was that they'd spent a lot of money and not gotten much for it?
    National was going on about the money spent for just 4 more beds.
    The issue is that Labour allocated $1.9B to mental health which is ostensibly in crisis, with approximately $230M specifically allocated to build new mental health facilities. Thus far only five acute mental health beds have been added since 2019. Surely there's a few more achievements not being disclosed, but it's not a good outcome given the crisis.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The issue is that Labour allocated $1.9B to mental health which is ostensibly in crisis, with approximately $230M specifically allocated to build new mental health facilities. Thus far only five acute mental health beds have been added since 2019. Surely there's a few more achievements not being disclosed, but it's not a good outcome given the crisis.
    Fair enough.
    It will be interesting to see the answers to the questions Little has asked.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    It's not just mental health. Wait and see Labour trying to build the new general hospital in Dunedin. It's a disaster in the making. Original planning has involved Dn. Nth MP Stan Rodgers, MP Pete Hodgson, MP David Clark. Hopefully someone with a bit more vision can rescue this before it's too late - but I doubt it. To be built between the two busiest traffic arteries in the city - no parking planned, promised bed numbers already reduced by the architects. The whole project is just unbelievably nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Labour certainly don't have much going for them, apart from Jacinda that is.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...ng-report.html

even Lorde gives her tick of approval.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...sion-chat-show
    Now if Jacinda was really a good leader she would have reshuffled half the MPs into lesser rolls. Leaving the deadbeats in place as she does, albeit with a muzzle, will be her downfall.
    I guess you are right - while I think that some of her team are not too bad ... others are pretty useless or streight forward incompetent. Her team has a significant lack of implementation skills. While some members of the Labour team can dream up nice sounding promises, none of them so far was able to show any worthwhile results.

On the other hand however - are you sure Labours team is less than what National can muster?

Lets remember - at election time its not about to offer a capable and good team. It is sufficient to have a better team than the opposition, and I think this condition is still valid ;

Just to clarify - I am not happy about this situation, but it is what it is. Mr Goodfellow turned National into the John Key election club ... and they never recovered. The leadership games last year gave as well the hardliners in National a chance to cut out their liberal wing .... and now its just a bunch of backwards looking Zombies left. They might give Winston a good fight for his 2.5%, but this is not anymore a party representing a broad range of interests.

Apart from cutting off their liberal wing - the MP's National used to select seem to go neither through a character nor through a competency check. The result is an amazing weirdo selection as National MP's - interesting for history, but clearly not good enough to get the numbers.

I give you that ACT has one good MP (don't know enough about the others but don't like to vote for gun lovers), but I can think at this stage about more genuine and capable Green and Labour MP's than about genuine and capable National MP's.

As a country we do have a problem with only one B-team and one C-team competing to run our government. Still some time to go to the next election, but so far I am not hopeful.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    As a country we do have a problem with only one B-team and one C-team competing to run our government. Still some time to go to the next election, but so far I am not hopeful.
    Well put .

Well put .
    More like a F team of incompetents incapable of delivering anything of consequence bolstered by PR Spin & BS in government.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-06-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    More like a F team of incompetents incapable of delivering anything of consequence bolstered by PR Spin & BS in government.
    A prime example of how incompetent & woke this F team of nincompoops really is :

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...dget-2019.html

$1.9 billion for mental health & result after 3 years is 5 extra beds!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A prime example of how incompetent & woke this F team of nincompoops really is :

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...dget-2019.html

$1.9 billion for mental health & result after 3 years is 5 extra beds!
    Little says that the 5 beds were paid out of other budgets - so not even 5 beds.
    Of course, facilitiy upgrades etc are being planned and money spent doing that.
    This has been probed here already - old article, do keep up.

Guru

Little says that the 5 beds were paid out of other budgets - so not even 5 beds.
    Of course, facilitiy upgrades etc are being planned and money spent doing that.
    This has been probed here already - old article, do keep up.
    It needs to be an old article to show how long nothing has been achieved.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    It needs to be an old article to show how long nothing has been achieved.
    Or to show that the person is behind the 8 ball!