sharetrader
Page 45 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955951455451045 ... LastLast

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...ices-corelogic

Cindy said she would fix the housing crisis - by turning the crisis into a disaster.

Enjoy the carnage, the woke voters who thought Cindy has a clue about fixing problems.

Rest of us will sit back and enjoy our property gains.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Now we know what Prebble and Hooton think. Do you think it was an open and honest Government that sat on this report on the most important issue facing NZ this year and which has resulted in extraordinary measures by the Government ? Did the PM not say this was a "COVID election" but decided not to give us this very valuable information !!

Or have you just accepted that the PM and her Ministers just blatantly lie to us about absolutely everything ?
    It doesn't matter what I think as I was only trying to show there are other thoughts from commentators to provide some balance to Balance's post.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    .....Cindy said she would fix the housing crisis - by turning the crisis into a disaster.

Enjoy the carnage, the woke voters who thought Cindy has a clue about fixing problems.

Rest of us will sit back and enjoy our property gains.
    The current government is a very good friend to asset owners. Most of us are doing unbelievably well. Renters and those with negative financial positions not so much. The latter will be happy with low interest rates of course, unless the debt is on the plastic, so there is a silver lining.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...age-economists

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...rgency-housing

Having turned the housing crisis into a housing disaster, what is Cynical Cindy doing?

Turning her back on the disaster and busy taking selfie’s with her fan base on holiday.

Great example of caring, kind and accountable - NOT!

Advanced Member

Disappointing they propose bringing int’l students back from April . This will be in front of a lot of Kiwis still trying to get home.Plus added risks at the border with the new Covid strains ....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Having turned the housing crisis into a housing disaster, what is Cynical Cindy doing?

Turning her back on the disaster and busy taking selfie’s with her fan base on holiday.

Great example of caring, kind and accountable - NOT!
    20,000 for sale on Trademe and 10,000 for rent. Plus thousands of flatmates wanted. More on other sites. So there are places available, maybe not for all but for many based on the numbers. If rent amount is an issue then the government can temporarily increase TAS and the Accommodation Supplement (this originally designed as an income issue not a housing shortage issue). Much cheaper than building more state houses and subsidising rents for life.

Much more likely is that many of those in emergency accommodation are too risky for private landlords, especially with more restrictive rules on termination coming next month. Who caused that problem? Answer - the government and households themselves.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Disappointing they propose bringing int’l students back from April . This will be in front of a lot of Kiwis still trying to get home.Plus added risks at the border with the new Covid strains ....
    Why do international tourists bring more COVID risks than returning Kiwis from around the World ? I do not follow your logic. Many of the students are already part way through their studies in NZ, they pay for their own quarantine and bring much needed money to the education institutions. All after thorough and multiple COVID testing as well as the 14 days quarantine !
    I think it is a good decision.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Why do international tourists bring more COVID risks than returning Kiwis from around the World ? I do not follow your logic. Many of the students are already part way through their studies in NZ, they pay for their own quarantine and bring much needed money to the education institutions. All after thorough and multiple COVID testing as well as the 14 days quarantine !
    I think it is a good decision.
    The logic is we are obliged to let our own citizens return . We are under no obligation at this time to open the border to anyone else . With the mutant strains of the virus emerging why take the risk ?
    the 49 mio benefit to the economy will be wiped by lunchtime if we have another lockdown ...

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    The logic is we are obliged to let our own citizens return . We are under no obligation at this time to open the border to anyone else . With the mutant strains of the virus emerging why take the risk ?
    the 49 mio benefit to the economy will be wiped by lunchtime if we have another lockdown ...
    Yes, it's an experiment. If it works there'll be plenty more and a few $b for the economy. If it fails.......

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, it's an experiment. If it works there'll be plenty more and a few $b for the economy. If it fails.......
    Same as everyone coming in. Doesn't matter for COVID risk whether they are foreign students or returning Kiwis, many of which are returning from so called high risk countries.
    Stoploss I realise we have an obligation to let Kiwis in which is different to foreign students being higher risk of bringing in COVID. But it doesn't have to be just one or the other !

I've had a personal experience with the rules of returning as have many of my colleagues. People are mistaken if they think the rules and processes are perfect, far from it.