sharetrader
Page 133 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 33831231291301311321331341351361371431832336331133 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 14308

The fact that people found the need to create a ridiculous word like “wokeism” to criticise and mock any opinion or view they disagree with, is what shakes my confidence in mankind’s intellect. The world is going to hell in a hand basket, but it’s not because of your so-called “wokeism.”

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    The depths of stupidity wokeism delivers is almost beyond comprehension.
    It is shaking my confidence in mankind's intellect, thats for real.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    The fact that people found the need to create a ridiculous word like “wokeism” to criticise and mock any opinion or view they disagree with, is what shakes my confidence in mankind’s intellect. The world is going to hell in a hand basket, but it’s not because of your so-called “wokeism.”
    The term "woke" originated from the wokesters themselves.

Problematically, to be woke, you have to be racist to be non-racist, sexist to be non sexist, and exclusive to be inclusive. Hence the State of NY is considering rolling back it's antidiscrimination laws, hard fought for through the Civil Rights movement, so that the State can discriminate. Go figure. Do you reckon that will end well?

To be woke is to concentrate on the "identity" of the person and that those identities need equal representation. It also in a somewhat bigoted manner, assumes that all persons of that identity think alike. In other words a Black representative can somehow represent the views of all Blacks, cos y'know, those Black folks all think alike. Or Asian, or female, or trans, LGBTQI and how many other letters in that alphabet soup you wish to name.

It is "Peak Stupid" which ever way you look at it.

Well maybe if we, as a human race, actually demonstrated humanity, and treated each other as equals, there would be no need for people to create “movements” to support specific groups of people. We are an obnoxious species. We are, for the most part, self-absorbed and self-centred, and we do a really crappy job of caring about each other. In this day and age one would be forgiven for thinking we all might have “got it” by now. But nope. We are still living with prejudice and judgment in all areas of human life, and we never seem to learn from our mistakes or from history.

That ​is “peak stupid” every way you look at it.

Well maybe if we, as a human race, actually demonstrated humanity, and treated each other as equals, there would be no need for people to create “movements” to support specific groups of people. We are an obnoxious species. We are, for the most part, self-absorbed and self-centred, and we do a really crappy job of caring about each other. In this day and age one would be forgiven for thinking we all might have “got it” by now. But nope. We are still living with prejudice and judgment in all areas of human life, and we never seem to learn from our mistakes or from history.

Problem is, we are not all equal. Some are better and some are worth less than nothing. That's why in our society that provide equality of oportunity, some people succeed and some fail.

Guru

I think you just made a strong argument for Christianity and the fallen state of Human Nature.

My comments are not even remotely based on any religious beliefs. I am not a religious person. I am just a human being who believes everyone on this earth is born as an equal to everyone else. Regardless of race, skin colour, gender, sexuality or anything else. Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and respect. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly, in all areas of their life, and to be free of prejudice or judgment based on any of the above.

There is no “one size fits all” in life. There never has been. The world would be a pretty boring place if we we’re all the same. Nature (or God if you’re so inclined) created plenty of variety within the human race. Variety is the spice of life. Life would be pretty damned boring if we were all exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I think you just made a strong argument for Christianity and the fallen state of Human Nature.

Double post for greater emphasis
    Last edited by justakiwi; 15-06-2021 at 09:20 PM.

An indictment on the sorry state of transparency & openness in NZ today :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/1254...c-stonewalling

I have zero doubt that both MBIE and Police HQ thought I would just go quietly away, and their high-handed response would go unchallenged.

They probably rely on that, and it probably works in many cases. It’s so ridiculous that the Office of the Ombudsman should have to investigate and rule on such a straightforward and minor matter.

But thank goodness it does. By contrast to the government agencies, the Office of the Ombudsman has been unfailingly helpful, polite and prompt.

At the end of this, what was in the note doesn’t matter. What does matter is how this process shows that some agencies treat the OIA – and requestors – with disdain.

If such a trivial matter is kept under wraps, what else is?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    An indictment on the sorry state of transparency & openness in NZ today :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/1254...c-stonewalling

I have zero doubt that both MBIE and Police HQ thought I would just go quietly away, and their high-handed response would go unchallenged.

They probably rely on that, and it probably works in many cases. It’s so ridiculous that the Office of the Ombudsman should have to investigate and rule on such a straightforward and minor matter.

But thank goodness it does. By contrast to the government agencies, the Office of the Ombudsman has been unfailingly helpful, polite and prompt.

At the end of this, what was in the note doesn’t matter. What does matter is how this process shows that some agencies treat the OIA – and requestors – with disdain.

If such a trivial matter is kept under wraps, what else is?

Agreed, extremely concerning, esp when Labour promised a few years ago it would bring in a refreshing new era of openness and transparency in govt.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Agreed, extremely concerning, esp when Labour promised a few years ago it would bring in a refreshing new era of openness and transparency in govt.
    It is absolutely nuts what has happened here. With such blatant, time wasting and very costly delays on a matter that should have been completed in 10 minutes, heads should roll. There never seem to be any consequences for bureaucrats failing to do their jobs so they just repeat it again & again.