sharetrader
Page 188 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 881381781841851861871881891901911921982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 14286
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Nowhere in my post did I say "all that happens is because of gangs". They are your words. But gangs are criminal organisations.
    That is an absurd blanket generlisation. A small % might be, but gangs of all sorts exist.

Nowhere in my post did I say "all that happens is because of gangs". They are your words. But gangs are criminal organisations. We have recently been getting news from a trial of a gang affiliate that murdered a police officer and tried to kill another one by shooting him 4 times as he tried to crawl away. He fired 14 shots in total in a calm cold blooded manner according to witnesses.
    TV footage has shown that human scum roll his eyes, shake his head and give all sorts of facial expressions as the man he shot was as in the witness box recalling what had happened. He clearly shows no remorse for having killed a police officer.

Last week we had 2 instances of cops being shot (and a police car stolen) at and one of a cop being brutally attacked while another cop helplessly watched (I don't understand why he wasn't tasered). This is becoming a common occurrence. If people are pulling out guns on Police at traffic stops, I think it is fairly safe to say they are related to gangs or some form of criminal activity. Why else would they have a gun in their car ?
    What happened to the gun buyback that was supposed to make us all feel safe by taking guns of hunters while the gangs hold onto theirs ?

In April we had what police called "escalation of gang tensions" when they started shooting at each other at Sofitel Hotel in Auckland, a 5* hotel downtown. A few days earlier one of the gangs involved at Sofitel had their pad peppered with 30 bullets.

Criminal gangs are showing increased power, no doubt helped by the 501 arrivals in this country. But we can not just sit idly by and let them take over and shoot at our Police Officers. That is lawlessness.

Ramming of police cars is increasing at a scary rate with 573 police cars rammed between 2017-2020, most of them in the last 2 years. It has become the "go-to method for get away drivers" according to police https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...o-getaway-move

To somehow compare and justify a takeover of roads and motorways in Auckland for a gang members funeral, with the once in 20 year protest by farmers (brainless farmers as a poster so eloquently called them) as some seem to want to do here, it is high time to equip our Police to deal with this changed and much more dangerous environment they live in. minimum 2 cops in all cars, accept more frequent use of tasers and guns (in locked safes) in Police cars.

From Stuff today: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...response-teams
    Mmh - I think we need to take a bit of emotion out of this discussion. Very easy to end up with highly undesirable consequences.

So, lets see - of course, our police needs to be as safe as possible. I don't think however that we make them safer by demonising parts of society and arming police up to the hilt. The US is a great example to show us what happens when you do that - more criminality coming from the demonised groups and police there is attracting as well a bunch of crooks who enjoy to chase, suppress, hunt and kill innocent people. US attracted too many murderers to wear a police uniform.

Not something we should try to replicate and frankly - not a society I would like to live in.

I think we need as well to look at some other values. It is not just police who should be safe, but as well the general public - and on top of everybody being safe from criminals we need to protect some other freedoms as well. Too many countries on this globe demonstrate on a daily basis how unpleasant it is to live in a police state.

I think so far we get this quite right as society, but is is not like police being only angels and not having already enough powers. I guess - Police officers in New Zealand did rape women (e.g. Louisa Niklas, and I am sure she was not alone), did plant evidence to wrongfully convict innocent people (e.g. Baines) and doing plenty of other mischief as well. They are humans with warts and all and they need to be controlled and managed like anybody else.

If police is concerned about gangs and firearms than I don't see a reason whey they can't use the existing legislation to search (obviously with a warrant) gang houses and confiscate illegal weapons. If police chooses not to do that, than they don't do their job. Maybe this is the problem - we just have the wrong people running our police force?

Quite stupid to say that only gangs would have firearms in their car. Was the Australian murderer whom we allowed two years ago to kill 51 people in Christchurch a gang member? No, he was not. Maybe you need to adjust your blinkers.

We do have a lot of criminals in New Zealand. Some might be (and I am sure are) operating in gangs. Some of them are political extremists. Some of them are just your normal run of the mill thief, wife beater, or brainde3ad driver, some wear white collars and steal from share holders, some are called "Sir" or "knight" - and some of the criminals wear uniforms or sit in our parliament.

We better make sure that we don't ignore all the other crooks by demonising just one group - shouldn't we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

Even more stupid BlackPeter to deliberately misquote posters you are criticising. I said people who carry guns in their cars to pull on cops are likely to have affiliation to “gangs or some form of criminal activity”.

Even more stupid BlackPeter to deliberately misquote posters you are criticising. I said people who carry guns in their cars to pull on cops are likely to have affiliation to “gangs or some form of criminal activity”.
    That is his modus operandi - misquoting to try & shift the debate towards his advantage. Why I don’t bother anymore.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...anuary-29.html

From front of the queue to last in the queue but Cindy & her team of incompetents would have NZers believe otherwise by resetting timelines and expectations.

This vaccine rollout is but another Kiwibuild BS.

And thanks to the multitude of PR staff now employed and deployed by this incompetent government (at taxpayers’ cost to do their immoral spin PR work), there are many who believe the spin.

Too bad for NZ future when the truth finally hits. And Cindy will be at the UN spreading her poison worldwide.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-07-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...anuary-29.html

From front of the queue to last in the queue but Cindy & her team of incompetents would have NZers believe otherwise by resetting timelines and expectations.

This vaccine rollout is but another Kiwibuild BS.

And thanks to the multitude of PR staff now employed and deployed by this incompetent government (at taxpayers’ cost to do their immoral spin PR work), there are many who believe the spin.

Too bad for NZ future when the truth finally hits. And Cindy will be at the UN spreading her poison worldwide.
    I hear your complaints. But i'm uncertain why the urgency for NZ to be vaccinated in a manner like we see happening in other OECD nations. Meanwhile Covid is ravaging throughout the US, Vietnam, Indonesia, & countless of others - should we be critical of the situation when when NZ's handling of Covid has been an 'elimination strategy'?

More worse issues should be address in NZ - such as our housing problem. Keep the borders close, educate the people, increase trades (no we don't need to import low wage workers to work on farms and at fish processing plants). Time for Jacinda to bring out taxes on the those that own too many houses.

You said:

If people are pulling out guns on Police at traffic stops, I think it is fairly safe to say they are related to gangs or some form of criminal activity. Why else would they have a gun in their car ?
    ... and yes - I admit that I read your statement as ...

If people are pulling out guns on Police at traffic stops, I think it is fairly safe to say they are related to gangs
    ... overseeing on the way that your with an "or" added extension makes the first sentence absolutely superfluous and unnecessary.

If people are pulling out guns on Police at traffic stops, I think it is fairly safe to say they are related to gangs or some form of criminal activity.
    Its like saying "it is fairly safe to say that any criminal activity is caused by the XYZ club ... or by somebody else."

You are absolutely right - your sentence is in its entirety quite meaningless - with the second part clearly devaluing the statement you made in the first part. I should not have quoted and reacted to your first part ... and I did take by mistake your quote out of context.

I do withdraw and apologize.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 22-07-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That is his modus operandi - misquoting to try & shift the debate towards his advantage. Why I don’t bother anymore.
    Cheers - I would not have expected any different from you.
    Up on ignore you go ...
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Cheers - I would not have expected any different from you.
    Up on ignore you go ...
    I wonder why you feel a need to announce putting somebody on ignore list. It only makes Balances point that much stronger.

Dilettante

OMG (response to post 1877)