sharetrader
Page 196 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 961461861921931941951961971981992002062462966961196 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 14286
    Guru

The drums are beating. Ardern and Robertson are fast burning their political capital.

https://mailchi.mp/democracyproject/...r?e=89627acd5b

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    They do - they have a real 'F... you' attitude.
    That is why I prefer to live here than there, I find that they are very selfish and American-like in many of their attitudes.
    Adern got taken for a sucker when she thought that they were honorable and would do what they said.

Of course, their attitude is showing with the marches and their response to the Sydney lockdown resulting in the said lockdown being extended for another 4 weeks - more lockdown time than NZ. More fool them!
    Your experience of Americans must be different from mine.

However, I agree, there does seem to be a large Trumpist element in both the UK and Oz.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Well that depends. Landlords can set rent to whatever they like, though can decide to change that if there are no acceptable takers. Or too many takers. Or make other decisions. Because they can.
    They can set them as low as they like but that Mean Mr. Market puts the brakes on the increases, as you acknowledge; so they cannot set rents at whatever they like

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The drums are beating. Ardern and Robertson are fast burning their political capital.

https://mailchi.mp/democracyproject/...r?e=89627acd5b
    Increase in benefits & increased minimum wages chewed up by increased cost of living, especially housing.

In desperation, watch this government bring in ever more repressive policies against hard working NZers & wealth creators while piling on ever more benefits to their voter base.

And yes, more distractions by favoring Maoris to retain that voting bloc and stay in power to destroy the future of NZ for future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    This is laughable. Nothing in life is without risk. My brother is in Australia for years only on work visa and doing great. I can assure you he is perfectly capable of assessing all of the risks and rewards and is not "very irresponsible" as he actually hit the IQ scale ceiling.
    Those without a brain move to Australia under different assessment than those with high level of skills who choose to move there because of the much higher pay. Registered nurses are a skilled category - they move to Australia NOT under the Trans-Tasman agreement. They move there under a proper 'work visa' that entitles them PR and a direct path to obtaining Australian citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Those without a brain move to Australia under different assessment than those with high level of skills who choose to move there because of the much higher pay.
    That does depend upon whether the person intends to permanently move to Australia, and whether they are certain they wish to be tied to their employer. When we moved to Australia, despite our roles being in the high skill category, we elected to go via the SCV route, on the premise that if we intended to stay long-term and pursue citizenship we could always leave and return again using a different visa. In the unlikely event of things turned to custard while we were there would could have always returned to NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Do you not consider paying tax on your mortgage interest to be an increased cost?
    I forgot to mention that the interest deductibility changes haven't actually come into effect yet.
    100% deductibility until 1st October 2021 then 75% to the end of the financial year.
    50% next year, then 25% (23/24) and 0 24 onwards.
    So anyone raising rents on the back of a change that hasn't happened is being disingenuous at best.

Legend

I forgot to mention that the interest deductibility changes haven't actually come into effect yet.
    100% deductibility until 1st October 2021 then 75% to the end of the financial year.
    50% next year, then 25% (23/24) and 0 24 onwards.
    So anyone raising rents on the back of a change that hasn't happened is being disingenuous at best.
    They are restricted to raising rents by the self-regulating market imposed limits. That is how the world works. They can't suddenly increase rents because tax rules are changing. But rents will rise in time as the rental pool dries up because of the increased difficulty in making a profit - which will eventually drive rents. Supply and demand - study it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    They are restricted to raising rents by the self-regulating market imposed limits. That is how the world works. They can't suddenly increase rents because tax rules are changing. But rents will rise in time as the rental pool dries up because of the increased difficulty in making a profit - which will eventually drive rents. Supply and demand - study it.
    I know how it works, I am a large landlord with quite a few years' experience.
    I suspect we are talking across each other but saying the same thing.

I know how it works, I am a large landlord with quite a few years' experience.
    I suspect we are talking across each other but saying the same thing.
    As stated - yet another failure of Cindy & her dumb team of incompetents.

All spin and no delivery.