sharetrader
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 962
  1. #901
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Actually, what Judith Collins has highlighted as separatist tendencies deserves a reply from Cindy.

    NZ will not get one of course because it will be like the question regarding Trevor Mallard repaying the $300k+ for stabbing an innocent man in the back - the truth is best ignored.
    As someone who was involved with the 1981 Springbok tour of NZ, and witnessed & experienced much of the protest against a separatist regime in South Africa, I'm amazed how unchallenged separatist policies are being implemented in NZ.

    It will only get worst with the influence of the Maori caucus.

    Racism is being written into law and govt policy, yet very few challenge it, lest they be judged racist.

    Wake up NZ.

  2. #902
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    As someone who was involved with the 1981 Springbok tour of NZ, and witnessed & experienced much of the protest against a separatist regime in South Africa, I'm amazed how unchallenged separatist policies are being implemented in NZ.

    It will only get worst with the influence of the Maori caucus.

    Racism is being written into law and govt policy, yet very few challenge it, lest they be judged racist.

    Wake up NZ.
    Being wide awake is one thing - being brave enough to crawl out from under the blankets is another, and that is the problem, and why things will get worse. I well recall the Springbks tour. Frightening scenes which I don't want to see repeated, but we will.

  3. #903
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Being wide awake is one thing - being brave enough to crawl out from under the blankets is another, and that is the problem, and why things will get worse. I well recall the Springbks tour. Frightening scenes which I don't want to see repeated, but we will.
    It is with some degree of trepidation that I await the unveiling of the revised hate speech laws by Andrew Little. I am sure it is with the best of intentions but the potential criminalisation of stupid opinions may be a concern. The problem is in our current environment you must be brave to voice a dissenting opinion. What are others opinions?

  4. #904
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    It is with some degree of trepidation that I await the unveiling of the revised hate speech laws by Andrew Little. I am sure it is with the best of intentions but the potential criminalisation of stupid opinions may be a concern. The problem is in our current environment you must be brave to voice a dissenting opinion. What are others opinions?
    I'm not brave enough, probably. Thinking people will see through the rhetoric and can make up their own minds about what is happening and where it may be leading.

  5. #905
    Senior Member Marilyn Munroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    807

    Default

    A hypothetical phone call made by Megan Woods to oil explorers;

    "Hi this is New Zealand's Energy Minister. We are in a bit of a pickle over electricity generating capacity. Can you come back and start drilling for gas?"

    The likely response would be click on the line as she is hung up on.

    If the current government were to drop its pretense of infallibility as the lights flicker and dim by trying to restart oil and gas exploration it would need to provide reassurance and incentives for oil companies.

    One way to achieve this would be for PetroCorp to be reestablished, to farm into exploration with taxpayers money. A subsidy to drill in other words.

    Oh dear, the taxpayers pockets raided once again.

    Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

  6. #906
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    It is with some degree of trepidation that I await the unveiling of the revised hate speech laws by Andrew Little. I am sure it is with the best of intentions but the potential criminalisation of stupid opinions may be a concern. The problem is in our current environment you must be brave to voice a dissenting opinion. What are others opinions?
    I've said it repeatedly, Andrew Little is a very dangerous man. A well meaning fool.

  7. #907
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Ardern has finally woken up to the fact that she has a Cabinet of Incompetents. As both Collins and Seymour point out, it's a Minister's role to oversee spending of their Departments budget. Now Cindy apparently needs overseers for the overseers.

    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

    Non delivery is perhaps proving to be Ardern's greatest skill. It's pretty hard to spend so much money and achieve so little.

  8. #908
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Meanwhile the Nats just keep trying to play the race card.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/on-the-in...vereignty-plan

    Looks like Cindy has been caught out big time by Collins - Cindy has already started to implement two systems, one for Maoris and the other for everyone else.

    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...to-hide-ardern
    Last edited by Balance; 04-05-2021 at 10:10 PM.

  9. #909
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/on-the-in...vereignty-plan

    Looks like Cindy has been caught out big time by Collins - Cindy has already started to implement two systems, one for Maoris and the other for everyone else.

    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...to-hide-ardern
    I'd expect someone like you to buy in to that from Collins. A very desperate person.

  10. #910
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I'd expect someone like you to buy in to that from Collins. A very desperate person.
    It’s clear you have not read the articles so please pair off with Cindy’s desperation to hide the truth from NZers.

  11. #911
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...defend-himself

    Trevor Mallard - using Parliamentary privilege to change his story and make further accusations.

    This is the sort of person Cindy lives to have by her side - a most hypocritical disgusting repugnant despicable woman.

  12. #912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Meanwhile the Nats just keep trying to play the race card.
    Dobby, the race card IS being played in NZ, by the Labour govt.

    Its what you get when a young PM was barely born in 1981, and didnt see the protest & riots in the streets, that made seabed & foreshore look like a nice day out in the park.
    As for Chloe, Greens, it would never show up on her Google parameters

    Who trusts Peeni & Willie Jackson?.

    Who watches Maori TV, or Marae, and sees the 2 faced answers, the one you see there is different to the one on TV1 or 3, or the hard questions are just ignored. to avoid exposing the racist agenda.

    Cant blame Judith Collins for what is happening, she is trying to tell you, but its an inconvenient truth to many.

  13. #913
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Dobby, the race card IS being played in NZ, by the Labour govt.

    Its what you get when a young PM was barely born in 1981, and didnt see the protest & riots in the streets, that made seabed & foreshore look like a nice day out in the park.
    As for Chloe, Greens, it would never show up on her Google parameters

    Who trusts Peeni & Willie Jackson?.

    Who watches Maori TV, or Marae, and sees the 2 faced answers, the one you see there is different to the one on TV1 or 3, or the hard questions are just ignored. to avoid exposing the racist agenda.

    Cant blame Judith Collins for what is happening, she is trying to tell you, but its an inconvenient truth to many.
    You do know about the Treaty of Waitangi?
    It is an inconvenient truth to many.

  14. #914
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You do know about the Treaty of Waitangi?
    It is an inconvenient truth to many.
    Like the bible.It can be interpreted in many ways.

  15. #915
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Three more years of squeezing some of the non-retired middle class? In effect this government is now freezing the pay of public servants earning more than $60,000. Having introduced policies that have resulted in the continued surge in house prices, this government seems determined to rule out the ability to save for home ownership for its own employees in many parts of the country. Inheriting money may the way for many to secure the deposit for a house, if they are lucky enough.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ublic-servants

  16. #916
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Like the bible.It can be interpreted in many ways.
    Unllike the bible though, Was The Treaty written with a forked tongue?

  17. #917
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...defend-himself

    Trevor Mallard - using Parliamentary privilege to change his story and make further accusations.

    This is the sort of person Cindy lives to have by her side - a most hypocritical disgusting repugnant despicable woman.
    If only Mallard could fly... right over a Maimai during the opening weekend of this year's duck hunting season.

  18. #918
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    If only Mallard could fly... right over a Maimai during the opening weekend of this year's duck hunting season.
    This bully has stooped to new lows. Using parliamentary privilege to once again attack the guy who's reputation he has already destroyed with straight out lies, at a cost of $330k for us tax payers. When asked to repeat his statement outside of parliament, he declined saying that would be in breach of the confidential settlement that was made with this poor guy last year. But Mallard thinks it's OK to go against of the intent of that agreement by hiding behind parliamentary privilege. What an utter scumbag and this is the Speaker of our parliament. A total disgrace.

  19. #919
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Hipkins is here effectively saying Mallard's behaviour in the House was unacceptable (along with others) and in the next breath saying Mallard still enjoys Labour's confidence.

    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

    What are bunch of self serving hypocrites.

    Labour holds the electorate in contempt. The longer they leave Mallard in place, the more their loathsome character is exposed.

  20. #920
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Hipkins is here effectively saying Mallard's behaviour in the House was unacceptable (along with others) and in the next breath saying Mallard still enjoys Labour's confidence.

    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

    What are bunch of self serving hypocrites.

    Labour holds the electorate in contempt. The longer they leave Mallard in place, the more their loathsome character is exposed.
    They're losers.

    Plenty of other pejorative ways to describe them, but I think "losers" pretty much sums it up. They're kind of like those kids at school... you know the ones, the ones that everyone else thinks are dickheads, but through some monumental amount of naivety or ignorance they continue to push forward thinking they're doing a good job (with no sense of obligation or consequence), resolute that if they make a mistake, they should be applauded for "at least trying"... with parents in the background threatening to call you as a racist, bigot, sexist, elitist, etc. if you even dare question them.

    The biggest issue in my view is that public service doesn't lend itself to attracting the best or the brightest... it's just a bunch of journeymen... maybe Joseph Parker should run? I digress. The sooner we recognise that Government is effectively a large business with an over-inflated ESG team, the better. We should be trying to make being a politician an attractive proposition to candidates who have something to genuinely add... rather than just those who have been there for a long-time and can drum up enough donations to get their mug on a few billboards every three years.

    I'm immensely frustrated with this current government (mainly around their "over-promise, under-deliver" mantra and the contempt they show us when things don't pan out, and not necessarily for reasons beyond their control) but, to be fair to them (and all past governments), I think it is just a function of the system and parameters they work within.

    I think the government should operate more like a business. One that carries both risk and reward. At the moment, there is a moderate amount of upside/financial reward, but a massive amount of downside protection - ILG, David Parker, Trevor Mallard, the list is long (and fairly extends to the National government past).

    I don't profess to know how or what KPIs you could/should/would set these jokers, but at a fundamental level I think there are currently very limited consequences for failure, which doesn't align with the rest of society's economic and social expectations and norms - i.e. if I'm employed by Company ABC and I say I am going to do X to achieve Y, and Y ends up being Y-1,000,000, then I would expect a negative personal/professionl/financial outcome.

    I think if you start paying these people a lot more (say, $1-2m p.a.) and they fail to deliver, voters should/would apply a higher level of scrutiny around actual performance. And by the way, I'd prefer the $1-2m to be split say 30:70 or 50:50 based on performance. I get it, defining "performance" in politics is hard as it is so emotive and ambiguous, but that shouldn't prevent smarter folk than I asking the question should it? Or maybe they already have and it's all too hard and I should just go back to the NZX thread and continue picking up ****ty over-priced stocks?

    At the end of the day, it's all about incentives. And at the moment, the incentives don't align well with voter needs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •