sharetrader
Page 193 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 931431831891901911921931941951961972032432936931193 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 14308
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    This is where you and I differ then.
    I dont think it has ever been more distorted than it is today.
    Bill Gates immense wealth and power being my best example.

If Bill Gates is your best example, you might not have heard of Rupert Murdoch's media empire ( including Fox News - you know the one whose lawyers got them off the prosecution for publishing blatantly false info on the basis it was just infotainment & no one should take it seriously) or the Koch Brothers wealth & power for starters.
    You might be a bit surprised & more than a bit shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    If Bill Gates is your best example, you might not have heard of Rupert Murdoch's media empire ( including Fox News - you know the one whose lawyers got them off the prosecution for publishing blatantly false info on the basis it was just infotainment & no one should take it seriously) or the Koch Brothers wealth & power for starters.
    You might be a bit surprised & more than a bit shocked.
    So you have no issues with Bills motives ?

Guru

So you have no issues with Bills motives ?
    I find the conclusions you draw to comment very telling on the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I find the conclusions you draw to comment very telling on the way you think.
    Are you interested in answering my question?

Guru

Are you interested in answering my question?
    Which question was that - was it to me?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Haters are traitors
    How nationalistic of you JT. Fits right in with the Goebbels modus operandi of propaganda that Ardern is utilising. She's got you right where she wants you.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Long on hyperbole short on facts. https://mch.govt.nz/media-sector-sup...ournalism-fund. Seems normal.

westerly
    That's the problem. To the Ardern converted all this seems "Normal".

Dilettante

Yet another complete failure from the Government with immigration policy in tatters and people we desperately need here left with their lives in limbo. Be kind. Yeah right.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/12579...yOndY5MSq7Y6gg

Guru

Ardern's empathy is all she has got when it comes to nurses apparently. Mind you, it is Andrew Little directly dealing with it. Former unionist and now the nurses union enemy No.1

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

Still got 750 million for their middle class North Shore cyclists though. Gotta have those North Harbour seats.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Ardern's empathy is all she has got when it comes to nurses apparently. Mind you, it is Andrew Little directly dealing with it. Former unionist and now the nurses union enemy No.1

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

Still got 750 million for their middle class North Shore cyclists though. Gotta have those North Harbour seats.

I was ill informed about nurses pay & conditions of employment & jumped to same conclusion until I learnt standard hospital roister consists of 3 x 10 hour shifts per week, 30 hours, leaving 4 days off.
    (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
    This allows many nurses to work overtime shifts to significantly boost their income & many choose to do this.

Many business people end up working high stress 10 hour days anyway 5 days a week, so 3 doesn't seem so bad, and can be very nice having extended 4 day weekends.
    I hope there is more money for nurses but just saying I understand it's not quite as one sided as media present it.