sharetrader
Page 481 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 14308

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Garbage.

As usual from one of Clueless Cindy’s hapless helpers. Any outcry would only ever come from the Labour cancel brigade who cannot handle the truth.

And, Refer me to the posting which offends your lack of sense of humour (# which I could not locate) and I will delete it.
    It is on the coronavirus thread #7310 attached to this comment.
    Thanks, appreciate your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    It is on the coronavirus thread #7310 attached to this comment.
    Deleted.

Thanks, moka.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    It's because of inflation. You can't keep pumping in liquidity and keeping interest rates close to zero when inflation is already running at 7%. So the Fed faces an impossible situation. If you withdraw the support mechanisms that keep the asset bubbles propped up and they'll collapse. If you don't do it, inflation runs rampant and you run the risk of hyperinflation. Moreover, it is politically untenable for the Fed not to actively fight inflation. Price stability is one half of their mandate in any case.
    We have been here before in the 1970s – high inflation. And like the 1970s banks have lots of money but much of it is not being used productively, as in capitalism to produce goods and services and provide employment. It is instead inflating asset prices, and being used for speculation.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/09/1970s-great-inflation.asp

“How the Great Inflation of the 1970s Happened
    The easy-money policies of the American central bank—designed to generate full employment by the early 1970s—also resulted in high inflation.

Easy money is when the Fed allows cash to build up within the banking system—as this lowers interest rates and makes it easier for banks and lenders to loan money.

However, it is clear that monetary policies, which financed massive budget deficits and were supported by political leaders, were the cause

The latest episode of Clueless Cindy & her nincompoops - caught unprepared for the omicron outbreak, using heavy handed method to hijack RATs from private businesses & contact tracing failing (as it did during the delta outbreak):

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/without-a...miss-two-cases

Cindy imploring NZers to get the booster shots :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...T4RN5Q2K5ZBGA/

And that’s after shutting down the vaccination centres for 3 weeks over the Dec/Jan period even though omicron was already rampaging across the world since early December!

Unprepared and complacent, basking in the false glory of her eradication strategy - bunch of nincompoops showing their backside for their indoctrinated supporters to kiss.

Guru

Cindy imploring NZers to get the booster shots :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...T4RN5Q2K5ZBGA/

And that’s after shutting down the vaccination centres for 3 weeks over the Dec/Jan period even though omicron was already rampaging across the world since early December!

Unprepared and complacent, basking in the false glory of her eradication strategy - bunch of nincompoops showing their backside for their indoctrinated supporters to kiss.
    Shut them down?
    Around our way they were shut for the stats but open the rest of the time.
    There was no Govt order to close anything though they weren't busy as people were more intent on enjoying Xmas.
    28% of those double jabbed have had the booster so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Shut them down?
    There was no Govt order to close anything though they weren't busy as people were more intent on enjoying Xmas.
    Where is your way?

Around Auckland they were shut. I live around the corner from one of them and the vaccinator who gave me my booster shot just before Christmas told me he could not understand why the government decided to close them over the 3 weeks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Shut them down?

Yes that was a curious post. I noticed lots of places you could get vaccinated if you wanted to get jabbed through that Dec/Jan period referred to.

Advanced Member

Where is your way?

Around Auckland they were shut. I live around the corner from one of them and the vaccinator who gave me my booster shot just before Christmas told me he could not understand why the government decided to close them over the 3 weeks.

Maybe just the big public vaccination centres like the one at St Leonards Rd Mt Wellington.
    But there were still plenty of places you could get vaccinated open, Health Centres, pharmacies, your GP etc.
    There was a significant drop in demand over holiday period & those huge centres would probably have been sitting idly on their hands.

Guru

I would like my jab early since there's rapid spread of omicron expected.

The bloke who had 10 jabs at once seems to be fine
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 27-01-2022 at 03:11 PM.