sharetrader
Page 10 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    https://twitter.com/matpottinger/sta...007286272?s=20

Watch as Western countries compete for the unenviable position of having had the largest increase in real house prices since 1980....

And is only to 2016 !! we purchased a house here in Cromwell thats increased some 60% since then would be great to see it updated to show the pure madness I don't think will end in the near term..

Labour must know how overpriced we have become on the world stage...and now having muzzled the Greens she can try and distance herself from the train-wreak coming down the line when we get a credit downgrade on the other side of the COVID madness
    It seems that no other country has had real price increases propelling it as far ahead of the others as NZ currently is. Many had a rise up the rankings followed by a subsequent rapid fall down the rankings. For how much longer can NZ be an exceptional case?

When you make sweeping generalisations about a group of people you do not know, based purely on their race, yes Balance - you are being racist. It is attitudes like yours and others here that keep racism alive.

You are such a judgmental person. What gives you the right to condemn a whole group of people based on the colour of their skin? There are “bad eggs” in every cultural group on the planet, including whatever cultural group you personally identify with. Yet people like you still consider yourself to be better than someone from another culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

You must not criticise because you, by definition if you are not Maori, is a racist when you dare to criticise.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    It seems to me that insulting her and calling her lazy is just because she is a Maori woman, overweight with a moko and that is a good enough reason to be judged as lazy. She fits the stereotype....
    It will certainly be interesting to see how she is received in other countries, when physical visits become the norm again. Different cultures have different perceptions when it comes to tattoos. For example I think Japanese and Chinese cultures have markedly different perceptions compared to both pakeha and Maori within NZ.

I wonder if there has been a foreign minister, with a visible facial tattoo, representing a sovereign nation previously.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-11-2020 at 09:40 AM.

You are entitled to your opinion, but why should you need to say so? What other people do for themselves has no effect on you and is literally none of your business. Criticising another culture’s traditional customs, including tattoos, is disrespectful and more than a little bit racist.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Well, I agree with you and also with the author's comments. I find facial tatts ugly, and should be allowed to say so. In fact I find all tatts ugly, particularly on face and around neck. There you go - I've said it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, but why should you need to say so? What other people do for themselves has no effect on you and is literally none of your business. Criticising another culture’s traditional customs, including tattoos, is disrespectful and more than a little bit racist.
    Criticizing another's culture is not at all racist. Everyone is entitle to their view point, no matter how vile you might perceive it. I too hate tatts on the face and neck area and probably would not hire anyone with those if they came in for a job.

Oh, so Labour ministers should be chosen solely based on their ability to do the job, but when you employ someone, their ability to do the job is secondary to their physical appearance?

Hypocritical double standards as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Criticizing another's culture is not at all racist. Everyone is entitle to their view point, no matter how vile you might perceive it. I too hate tatts on the face and neck area and probably would not hire anyone with those if they came in for a job.

Legend

What tripe. This woman is now representing us on the world stage. That does make it my business. She looks for all the world like a drop-kick from a bikie gang. I am not overly racist, but certainly wouldn't criticise anyone who is. People who genuinely have no prejudices, including racial prejudices, would not be safe in much of the world. It is our prejudice, or ability to pre-judge that gives us the ability to sense danger. I could take some of these preachers to parts of the USA or Sth. Africa for example, and suggest they take a stroll through certain areas at night. Most would run a mile - which would show most who criticise others as racist, are hypocrites. Free speech and free thought should never be criticised.

Guru

Oh, so Labour ministers should be chosen solely based on their ability to do the job, but when you employ someone, their ability to do the job is secondary to their physical appearance?

Hypocritical double standards as usual.

My comment was my personal preference and not hypocritical at all. For me appearance can also impact the ability to do the job. Especially when these people are in client facing positions. I do not want my business represented by people with tatts on their face. That is my criteria, yours may differ and that is fine.

And there we have it.

You don’t know this woman. You know literally nothing about her as a human being. You have made a judgment in her value (as a person and as a politician/minister) based on nothing but her physical appearance.

You disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What tripe. This woman is now representing us on the world stage. That does make it my business. She looks for all the world like a drop-kick from a bikie gang. I am not overly racist, but certainly wouldn't criticise anyone who is. People who genuinely have no prejudices, including racial prejudices, would not be safe in much of the world. It is our prejudice, or ability to pre-judge that gives us the ability to sense danger. I could take some of these preachers to parts of the USA or Sth. Africa for example, and suggest they take a stroll through certain areas at night. Most would run a mile - which would show most who criticise others as racist, are hypocrites. Free speech and free thought should never be criticised.

Guru

And there we have it.

You don’t know this woman. You know literally nothing about her as a human being. You have made a judgment in her value (as a person and as a politician/minister) based on nothing but her physical appearance.

You disgust me.
    My judgement of her is not on her looks, rather the years of non-achievement with her snout in the trough.