sharetrader
Page 101 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 14319

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    ???
    She was asked on the AM Show and she answered.
    She was asked on Coast Radio and she answered.
    So she shouldn't have answered the question? That would be seen as milking it.
    I doubt she would win any which way on this with you.
    You really really have no idea how Cindy plays the striptease & PR game, do you?

The interviewers get a phone call from her PR spin team telling them of ‘certain’ questions they are welcomed to ask.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You really really have no idea how Cindy plays the striptease & PR game, do you?

The interviewers get a phone call from her PR spin team telling them of ‘certain’ questions they are welcomed to ask.
    You just really have no idea.

You just really have no idea.
    That's right. It's a coincidence that she is asked a question about the date and she announces that on a future date where she will announce a date. Then a week later she announces the city, but no date and no venue. Anyone with a mental age of more than 16 would see right through this PR exercise. You watch, anytime she is in the sh*t, she will announce another part of the puzzle.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Smith View Post
    That's right. It's a coincidence that she is asked a question about the date and she announces that on a future date where she will announce a date. Then a week later she announces the city, but no date and no venue. Anyone with a mental age of more than 16 would see right through this PR exercise. You watch, anytime she is in the sh*t, she will announce another part of the puzzle.
    True. They all have a PR distraction for use as a smokescreen.

The recently announced pay freeze for civil servants by the Labour Government would have been described by the fictional Sir Humphrey Appleby as a courageous decision(1).

I was employed(2) by a company which implemented a pay freeze for supervisory administrative and technical staff.

The effect was immediate. A significant portion of those staff quit and went to work for competitors. Mostly they were the more effective staff leaving the employer with a higher ratio of dead wood to take up the slack.

They never did it again.

My advice to civil servants whose pay is frozen is to whistle Waltzing Matilda when walking down the office corridor outside the HR department.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

(1) Courageous decision, is an idiom used by a civil servant to politely tell a cabinet minister what is proposed is politically dangerous.

(2) Marilyn occupied a position in the company at the "hey you" level and was paid accordingly. Being mean to my pay packet would not have had a meaningful fiscal benefit.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Smith View Post
    Previously some here said she was going to announce the wedding before the election and various other predictions - all wrong.
    People see what they want to see - me, I don't think it matters one iota!

Legend

Previously some here said she was going to announce the wedding before the election and various other predictions - all wrong.
    Don't overlook the interest in weddings by the brain dead among the hoi polloi. I have even seen a DVD for sale called something like The weddings from Coronation st, which is simply what has been shown in the program for those who want to watch those scenes again. That's dinkum.

Of course not - you do not see a problem with her failure to deliver on all the huge promises she made to get elected.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Of course not - you do not see a problem with her failure to deliver on all the huge promises she made to get elected.
    I do see a problem with that - I am just not as singular focused and rabid (dare I say unBalanced) over it as you are.
    You often put words into my mouth which are wrong. Being able to think past a singular bias doesn't sit well with you.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Don't overlook the interest in weddings by the brain dead among the hoi polloi. I have even seen a DVD for sale called something like The weddings from Coronation st, which is simply what has been shown in the program for those who want to watch those scenes again. That's dinkum.
    Send in the ambo, I love a good troth pledging! I have also seen a few weddings on Coronation Street. They usually end horribly for the “happy” couple. So Jacinda-phobes would be in for a treat if it turns out to be a Coronation Street styled affair.