sharetrader
Page 1013 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 135139139631003100910101011101210131014101510161017102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,130 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Marama wasn't careful. I will be:-

The majority of individually violent acts in NZ are perpetrated by white cis men.

I don't know anything about "true colors". I know her comment was a bloody stupid thing to say and I'm pleased she walked it back. Crow about the backtrack by all means. Celebrate the fact that (unlike the US) our public discourse still condemns all violence

As far as the rest of your comments go, my greenie leftie liberal take is that PP's visit was part of the right's worldwide push on the "culture wars" front, and that transgender people are simply the latest minority to be targeted, made "other" and objectified as an object of fear.

My understanding is that PP has recieved and welcomed the support of neo nazi and white supremacist groups and has no real interest in or knowledge of feminism except insofar as it can be weaponised for her political ends. In any case - if you lie down with dogs, you tend to come away with fleas.
    Still searching for your cultural roots and heritage, I see.

I think you are finding it in Marama Davidson's backside which you kiss on a regular basis?

Guru

Marama wasn't careful. I will be:-

The majority of individually violent acts in NZ are perpetrated by white cis men.

Is that in percentage or absolute terms?

Advanced Member

If real men are cis, does that mean tranny men are sic?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Pertinent question.
    Considering white men are the majority, it's not news any statistic will be proportionate to their numbers.

But how do other races compare percentage wise?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Absolute of course. In percentage terms brown cis men are overrepresented in the perpetrator category. Whether they would be if we had some way of correcting for socioeconomic class and all the stuff that goes with it I don't know, but suspect not.

There is very good evidence (which I can not be bothered researching right now) that a substantial proportion of brown cis men's overrepresentation in statistics for minor "violent crime" is due to structural racism and differential policing in the Justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    If real men are cis, does that mean tranny men are sic?
    The cis-trans distinction came originally from stereo chemistry. Consider a chain of carbon atoms like a sring of beads. Now add a couple of other chemical units to the chain like amulets on the string of beads.
    If they are both on the same side of the chain, they are cis. If they are on different sides of the chain they are trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Pertinent question.
    Considering white men are the majority, it's not news any statistic will be proportionate to their numbers.

But how do other races compare percentage wise?
    I don't know - but if I had to bet, I would guess that the higher socioeconomic status of people of Asian origin (a pretty wide net) among other protective factors (including the fact that a high proportion of them are immigrants) would result in lower incidence of violence.

Absolute of course. In percentage terms brown cis men are overrepresented in the perpetrator category. Whether they would be if we had some way of correcting for socioeconomic class and all the stuff that goes with it I don't know, but suspect not.

There is very good evidence (which I can not be bothered researching right now) that a substantial proportion of brown cis men's overrepresentation in statistics for minor "violent crime" is due to structural racism and differential policing in the Justice system.
    Of course it is. They can not be responsible for their own actions. Its all my fault.

Guru

Tourism NZ swamped with negative comments including the following

"Having witnessed the treatment of women trying to speak in a public place in Auckland, I won't be visiting NZ anytime soon," one person commented on a Tourism New Zealand promotional tweet.

"I think you just ruined your tourism industry today," a second wrote.

"@PureNewZealand expect your visitor numbers to plummet. Who'd want to visit a place where the government, media and police encourage aggression and mob rule?"

From this article

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/travel/new...c3f359b1&ei=17

Thanks Michael Wood. Thanks Marama Davidson. Thanks (soggy wet bus ticket) Chippy.

Guru

Oh the irony! Stuff travel writer tries to calm tourism nerves with an article about how friendly and safe NZ really is.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...y-you-shouldnt

She includes a couple of paragraphs about women only safe activities

There are plenty of options for women wanting to retreat to a safe space
    If you’re a woman in New Zealand, or anywhere for that matter, kids and blokes can make life complicated – and exhausting. Hence the growing number of retreats tailored to women only.

Beverly Holt, co-founder of Te Wahi Ora, a small, women’s retreat at Auckland’s Piha Beach, has found that many guests are in need of a hiatus from the stressors of their everyday lives.

“Most women come because they want time to do their own thing. They usually know what they need to be restored, to recover, to feel better, to regain their sense of direction," she said.

Gina Cambridge, meanwhile, aims to make her Wanderlust Solo Women’s Tours retreats feel like a weekend away with the girls. You get up more or less when you want to, do just enough exercise to make you feel fine about indulging in decadent meals, and spend much of the rest of the time chatting and chilling.

I wonder what the criteria for these "women only events and spaces" are? Will they be invaded by males in frocks? Which is kind of Posey Parker's point isn't it?