sharetrader
Page 1021 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 215219219711011101710181019102010211022102310241025103110711121 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,210 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You seem to be hung up on the fact that to you, your penis is primarily a sexual organ. It’s not. I can guarantee that you use it to pee a hell of a lot more often, than you use it for sex.
    That depends on the owner's age and definition of sexual activity. A penis has two main functions, and the frequency of these varies over its lifespan.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-03-2023 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    You know nothing of my knowledge of this topic. How about the simple definition? What is a woman? Surely that's not baiting?
    For me a woman is someone who can have babies = biology, scientific fact.

And that is what Posie Parker is saying “Why should I be ‘cancelled’ for arguing that biological sex is real?”

My understanding is that Posie Parker is a woman, and not trans, and she is an anti-transgender rights activist.

I agree with her and JK Rowling and Richard Dawkins who says “Science. There are two sexes. You can talk about gender, if you wish. That’s a subjective—I’m not interested in that. As a biologist, there are two sexes and that’s all there is to it. … Sex really is binary.”

https://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/richard-dawkins-biologist-there-are-two-sexes-and-thats-all-there-it

Gender is a cultural construction. There are societal rules such as if you are a woman you wear dresses, make-up etc. If you are a man you play rugby, drink beer, etc. And those rules about gender identity are a barrier to equality. And that is what feminists have been fighting for years. We should all be identified primarily as human beings, and in some circumstances sexual differences are relevant. Gender is the problem because it focuses on differences between male and female, and there are double standards for men and women.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jk-rowling-confronted-critics-past-trans-comments

Rowling on the accusation that she believes trans women are "second-class women" because of their biological differences and that they're "not quite" women. Can you understand the pain that that could cause?" Phelps-Roper asked.

"Yes is the short answer. Yes, I could understand that hurt," Rowling said.

…. many people of my generation particularly think that we're talking about old school transsexuals, people who've been through full sex reassignment because of profound gender dysphoria, and I feel 100% compassion for such people and I would absolutely respect their pronouns — always have, always will — and would want, as I say, to have comfortable, easy lives.

This [new] movement, though, is pressing for something different, very different. This movement has argued, continues to argue, that a man may have had no surgery whatsoever but if he feels himself to be a woman, the door of every woman's bathroom, changing room, rape center should be open to him. And I say no. I'm afraid I say no."

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I agree with her and JK Rowling and Richard Dawkins who says “Science. There are two sexes. You can talk about gender, if you wish. That’s a subjective—I’m not interested in that. As a biologist, there are two sexes and that’s all there is to it. … Sex really is binary.”
    I have been following Richard Dawkins with admiration for more than 40 years, but in this instance he is simply wrong.

Sex is not always binary. Its complicated. Even if we regard sex purely as a chromosomal matter, there used to be at least four known possibilities (there are probably more now). Then each of the chromosomal possibilities can be affected by gradations in terms of the production of a range of hormones. That says nothing about orientation - a whole different topic again.

That's sex. But gender is even more complicated, because it is a social construct - hugely affected by personal history and the social climate.

We have certainly become very aware of the whole range of "Rainbow issues" over the last 10-20 years. I think that is a good thing. But "Transgender" has been sucessfully weaponised by the right. I think thatis a shame and has added to the sum total of human misery.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    For me a woman is someone who can have babies = biology, scientific fact.

And that is what Posie Parker is saying “Why should I be ‘cancelled’ for arguing that biological sex is real?”

My understanding is that Posie Parker is a woman, and not trans, and she is an anti-transgender rights activist.

https://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/richard-dawkins-biologist-there-are-two-sexes-and-thats-all-there-it

Gender is a cultural construction. There are societal rules such as if you are a woman you wear dresses, make-up etc. If you are a man you play rugby, drink beer, etc. And those rules about gender identity are a barrier to equality. And that is what feminists have been fighting for years. We should all be identified primarily as human beings, and in some circumstances sexual differences are relevant. Gender is the problem because it focuses on differences between male and female, and there are double standards for men and women.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jk-rowling-confronted-critics-past-trans-comments

Rowling on the accusation that she believes trans women are "second-class women" because of their biological differences and that they're "not quite" women. Can you understand the pain that that could cause?" Phelps-Roper asked.

"Yes is the short answer. Yes, I could understand that hurt," Rowling said.

…. many people of my generation particularly think that we're talking about old school transsexuals, people who've been through full sex reassignment because of profound gender dysphoria, and I feel 100% compassion for such people and I would absolutely respect their pronouns — always have, always will — and would want, as I say, to have comfortable, easy lives.

This [new] movement, though, is pressing for something different, very different. This movement has argued, continues to argue, that a man may have had no surgery whatsoever but if he feels himself to be a woman, the door of every woman's bathroom, changing room, rape center should be open to him. And I say no. I'm afraid I say no."
    Thank you moka. I wonder why all the Posey Parker critics/Michael Wood supporters couldn't say the same? Not one of them would front on a definition.

I do take issue with gender being completely a social construct. Societal norms accentuate natural traits. Traits natural to male and female have been documented in the psychological science for decades (as well as being inherently understood by the populace).

What the gender activists have done is seperate gender from sex. French and other languages have used gender to show a masculine and a feminine and I believe this is the activists leaping point.

People with gender dysphoria have in recent years been encouraged in their delusion by the psychology profession, which is a scandal that is coming back to bite them. This encouragement has led many physically healthy people to mutilate their bodies with hormones and surgeries. The lawsuits are stacking up in the UK and the US.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Sex is not always binary. Its complicated. Even if we regard sex purely as a chromosomal matter, there used to be at least four known possibilities (there are probably more now). Then each of the chromosomal possibilities can be affected by gradations in terms of the production of a range of hormones. That says nothing about orientation - a whole different topic again.
    Combination of 2 is still binary. That's a definition of binary. You can disagree, but that just makes you wrong.

Becoming clearer by the day that the 'most transparent' government ever is anything but!

The stench of COVERUP is over-powering except for the kissers of Marama Davidson's culturally brown backside.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-picks-up-pace

Nash’s office and the staff from the prime minister’s office discussed the OIA request three times in July, and then decided later that month that the email – along with other emails to donors – “were out of scope” of the request because Nash wasn’t writing in his capacity as a minister but as an MP.

“How does Stuart Nash, backbench Labour MP, happen to have information Stuart Nash, government minister, has about discussions in Cabinet,” Treadwell said.

However, this was despite the content of the email relating entirely to his work as a minister, and detailing information he gleaned from Cabinet meetings – which only ministers attend.

Andrew Ecclestone, a Victoria University researcher, said senior Beehive staffers should know what a Cabinet breach looks like.

“It does raise questions about training on propriety and ethics,” said the senior associate at the Institute for Governance and Policy Studies. “You don't get to be a senior adviser on OIA requests unless you are pretty experienced.”

How is it legal for Labour PM to have government pay for advertisement about increasing benefits during election year? I keep getting Hipkins ugly mug on Youtube, telling me how amazing he is for wasting more taxpayer money to fix cost of living crisis they caused.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Becoming clearer by the day that the 'most transparent' government ever is anything but!

The stench of COVERUP is over-powering except for the kissers of Marama Davidson's culturally brown backside.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-picks-up-pace

Nash’s office and the staff from the prime minister’s office discussed the OIA request three times in July, and then decided later that month that the email – along with other emails to donors – “were out of scope” of the request because Nash wasn’t writing in his capacity as a minister but as an MP.

“How does Stuart Nash, backbench Labour MP, happen to have information Stuart Nash, government minister, has about discussions in Cabinet,” Treadwell said.

However, this was despite the content of the email relating entirely to his work as a minister, and detailing information he gleaned from Cabinet meetings – which only ministers attend.

Andrew Ecclestone, a Victoria University researcher, said senior Beehive staffers should know what a Cabinet breach looks like.

“It does raise questions about training on propriety and ethics,” said the senior associate at the Institute for Governance and Policy Studies. “You don't get to be a senior adviser on OIA requests unless you are pretty experienced.”
    Some big blurring of the lines here .
    Another good example of this was Julie Anne Genter writing to the Wellington Mayor on Ministerial letter head and refusing to release the contents.
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/po...port-minister/

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Some big blurring of the lines here .
    Another good example of this was Julie Anne Genter writing to the Wellington Mayor on Ministerial letter head and refusing to release the contents.
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/po...port-minister/
    Becoming very very clear that Guarav Sharma’s accusation that Labour MPs were being carefully coached and briefed on how to avoid the requirements of the OIA is bang on and true :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...nformation-act

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Becoming very very clear that Guarav Sharma’s accusation that Labour MPs were being carefully coached and briefed on how to avoid the requirements of the OIA is bang on and true :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...nformation-act
    And remember the haughty denials from her on high? Guarav had it all wrong according to Cindy. The instructions were coming from the top down. Arm's length Cindy, the most transparent PM ever!