sharetrader
Page 1052 of 1433 FirstFirst ... 5255295210021042104810491050105110521053105410551056106211021152 ... LastLast
Results 10,511 to 10,520 of 14322
    Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JQVNOV4B2CV2E/

TVNZ gets acting chief executive as Simon Power prepares to leave

Poor Willie .. the Power getting turned off might become more of a repeating theme

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Here's a very good essay worth reading, which I immediately thought so relevant to & reminded me of the current climate of division & pessimism in politics in NZ.

"Has France gone to hell ? It's catastrophist discourse is at odds with the facts. ....on the incredible disconnect between what tourists see, whats foreigners living in France see, what French people living abroad see, & what the hyperbolic catastrophist discourse by French people convinced their country has gone to hell, see."

Unfortunately its happening everywhere, not just NZ, "....driven by angry debate, often played out in the media on skewed terms, monopolising attention & sapping the country of social trust needed for flexibility, creative public policy & to resist populists...."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...tics-nostalgia

social trust needed for flexibility, creative public policy & to resist populists

A fail on all counts for Labour here - some might say

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Still needs the Opposition's agreement to not trigger a Bi-Election or not ?
    Does it need the agreement of the opposition?
    My understanding is that it is up to the party to accept that an electorate MP stayed an MP (or not) if they jumped ship.

Advanced Member

Some talk back commentators saying the Labour Party orchestrated Mekas waka jump

Someone expand on that please?

A consulted source said Meka jumped to increase the mana of her people.

I don't see any mecca of respect, dignity or honour of leaving your party, without advising your leader, deputy or colleagues in advance.

Poor kaupapa!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Some talk back commentators saying the Labour Party orchestrated Mekas waka jump

Someone expand on that please?

A consulted source said Meka jumped to increase the mana of her people.

I don't see any mecca of respect, dignity or honour of leaving your party, without advising your leader, deputy or colleagues in advance.

Poor kaupapa!
    Talkback commentators filling a void with opinions dressed as facts (start with 'obviously') - surely not?

I don't see a lot of respect in blindsiding those you work with (or under) either.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    If the next govt ends up being Labour/TPM/Greens combo I will give Australia a go again, I didn't want to leave last time but my GF at the time was a brit who couldn't fill in a form to save herself...

Don't want to be here for the fiasco, don't want to fund it with my taxes.
    A third way is needed (NZ first).

That bald guy is so out of touch it would be horrible to endure.

I'd rather have a bald guy I can hold to account (even in my own opinions) but I wouldn't know who to think is responsible for what in the LTPMG coalition. Not confident NZ first will have a come back personally. I and others don't seem to have forgotten he's responsible for letting the current bunch get it's foot hold.

I'm ready to try something new and if it goes wrong, can't be any worse than this lot so what's the harm.

Guru

Your only giving power to the maori party..

Lux delux will have to do the same or better than John key (unlikely).

It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I wouldn't write NZ First off just yet. I will probably give them my vote, unless something changes drastically between now and the election. More than a few people I have spoken to in informal conversations lately, have also indicated that is currently their plan.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    Not confident NZ first will have a come back personally.

I'm not going to beat around the bush like some, I'm going to party vote ACT and Chris Bishop for my local MP because he works hard for his electorate. If the election doesn't go the way I'm hoping it will, I'll take my skills and assets over the ditch or perhaps join two of my siblings in Europe!

I'm not thrilled with National either but I have some hope that Nat/Act will give me enough reasons to stay in NZ.