sharetrader
Page 1066 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 6656696610161056106210631064106510661067106810691070107611161166 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,660 of 14320
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    National could go with Labour (or vice versa ), but out of touch luxon ruled that out.

Shame really because they are very similar in economic policy, both are pro-wealthy and for mass migration (only differing in the details).

How's that out of touch Ryman Buyback coming along .. or was it a Cap Raise to pay dividends ?

both pro-wealthy ? the only thing pro-wealthy with Labour is lining them up to fleece the wealth that pays most of
    the taxes and produces most of the growth - a very one eyed commo trait that too

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Both are for mass immigration and the property ponzi scheme - but the main point of difference is that Labour are in favour of a bloated public service and shovelling cash to ‘co-governance’ entities, and National are not.

Hey come on - have to hide the muffed & fluffed up artificial low unemployment by slotting them in somewhere else

Guru

More tragic consequences of the housing crisis / property ponzi scheme today.

Breast cancer screening delays - a damning consequence of the heathcare crisis and disaster under Labour and the indiscriminate COVID lockdowns/power trip by Ardern & Hipkins.

And this is just in Wellington.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...mmogram-delays

The proportion of people whose appointments were delayed was 63%, or 8184 of the newly enrolled patients. The delays ranged from four days past the 60-day mark to 332 days long.

Of those people who had delayed screenings, 59 were subsequently diagnosed with breast cancer.

The patients who suffered the delays had not received the “full benefit” of the mammogram programme.

Last edited by Balance; 16-05-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...DRU4DJTGVBQ3U/

OCR headed for 6 per cent as migration boosts economy - Westpac

Keep stirring the pot Robbo

As for everyone else - if this is correct Adrian ORR-SOME and a troupe of Reserve Bank W@nkers might be
    on their way after more of everyone's hard earned, as Adrian tries to chase inflationary ghosts

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...BZPK3FDFSVBZ4/

NZ Government borrowing set to dwarf pre-Covid levels

Borrow
    Borrow
    Borrow
    Borrow
    Borrow

Dont worry about tomorrow or Robbo - he's out the door as soon as regardless

What a C^ck Up and Mess to leave the Country in

Yet more of Tomorrows's Generation's Legacy tipped up against the wall

Thanks Labour

Guru

Interesting article in the NZ Herald today: ‘No such thing as a free lunch?’
    It’s behind a paywall, the gist is that it is currently costing $274 million for a ‘free school lunches’ programme in a quarter of NZ schools, and a cabal of academics & ‘health providers’ are seeking to get this state overreach extended to half of all NZ schools.
    Robbo has been booking the costs of the free lunches up to the ‘COVID’ slush fund, despite Treasury advice that it should come from the ordinary budget process.
    Watch this space to see what happens next with regards to what the Labour nanny-state outfit will do.

The rampage of the Left Wing cartoonists continues unabated. Today’s cartoon in the NZ Herald from ‘Body’ features a down-trodden and anxious Robbo being menaced by 3 massive evil black horses with burning red eyes. One horse is even labelled ‘reaction’ - a revolutionary term that the Bolsheviks didn’t shy away from using. I guess this horse is the ‘reactionary forces’ who stand ready to attack Labour should its ‘marxist revolution for social fairness’ continue for another term. Another horse is labelled ‘privilege’ - not sure whether this is meant to represent the privilege of ‘wealthy capitalists’, or the privilege of the various special interest groups, co-governance entities, consultants and others who are riding the Labour gravy train. Nah, of course ‘Body’ has ‘wealthy capitalists’ in his sights.
    The irony is that - far from bringing the radicals version of ‘fairness’ to NZ - Labour has actually provided over the biggest wealth transfer in this countries history, filling the coffers of cashed-up property speculators while smashing renters with eye-watering rent increases.

Anyway, while poor Robbo is hemmed in by these horses, unable to do what he truly wants, he does mutter that this situation will only continue for hopefully 1 more year. The message from ‘Body’ is clear: elect Labour, and Robbo will then have a free hand to unleash a crusade against ‘wealthy capitalists’. It won’t be a crusade against the riders of the aforementioned Labour gravy train - the people who contribute nothing to the real economy - it’ll be a crusade against business owners, landowners sitting on unrealised capital gains, anyone who has made money outside of the governmental ‘insiders club’.

It’s all very interesting stuff. Maybe it’s an accurate picture of the inner workings of Robbo’s mind. “If we just deal to these ‘rich’ people once and for all, this could be a paradise!” History shows it usually doesn’t work out that way. Anyway, if Labour does get in again - with help from the Watermelons and Tea Party - then ‘Australia beckons’ for many people I believe.
    I think it goes both ways
    https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...pg?format=500w

And the difference is that Tremain strokes your prejudiced view of the world and Body (at least from your description) caresses my own. Both of us believe that our political stance is correct, appropriate, and founded firmly on fact. I would like to see us move left, you would like to see us move right.

You are keenly aware that political cartoons and the humour they (hopefully contain) are part of a struggle for hearts and minds and votes. I don't know whether you are also keenly aware (I sure am) that the whole social discourse is embedded in that struggle.

The "us"es are bolded in the paragraphs above, because when I used them I was trying to avoid specifying NZ or Aotearoa. That is because whatever we call ourselves, we are all here in this land together, and until all you right wing lot decamp for pastures greener, questions of national identity, biculturalism, co governance blah de blah, are going to be matters of political importance.

I think that ultimately, these questions are part of and come down (or up) to larger questions about inclusion and diversity and power. The right are currently hammering them all over the world.

I can't say the same about Crime and Education, which the right are similarly targeting as issues to excite the general public. There, at least, we have some data to discuss.

You will provide data to show the sky is falling in both areas, due to the stupidity and incompetence of this [insert adjectival phrase] govt, while I will plead that they are doing well in difficult circumstances.

AFAIK, NZ ranks very highly in all the freedom indicies I have been able to find, and both crime and education stats are impressive both on a world scale, and locally considering what we have been through.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I think it goes both ways
    https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...pg?format=500w

And the difference is that Tremain strokes your prejudiced view of the world and Body (at least from your description) caresses my own. Both of us believe that our political stance is correct, appropriate, and founded firmly on fact. I would like to see us move left, you would like to see us move right.

You are keenly aware that political cartoons and the humour they (hopefully contain) are part of a struggle for hearts and minds and votes. I don't know whether you are also keenly aware (I sure am) that the whole social discourse is embedded in that struggle.

The "us"es are bolded in the paragraphs above, because when I used them I was trying to avoid specifying NZ or Aotearoa. That is because whatever we call ourselves, we are all here in this land together, and until all you right wing lot decamp for pastures greener, questions of national identity, biculturalism, co governance blah de blah, are going to be matters of political importance.

I think that ultimately, these questions are part of and come down (or up) to larger questions about inclusion and diversity and power. The right are currently hammering them all over the world.

I can't say the same about Crime and Education, which the right are similarly targeting as issues to excite the general public. There, at least, we have some data to discuss.

You will provide data to show the sky is falling in both areas, due to the stupidity and incompetence of this [insert adjectival phrase] govt, while I will plead that they are doing well in difficult circumstances.

AFAIK, NZ ranks very highly in all the freedom indicies I have been able to find, and both crime and education stats are impressive both on a world scale, and locally considering what we have been through.
    So which major newspaper is Tremain being published in? You’ve posted something from ‘squarespace’.
    The answer is that in the NZ media it does not ‘go both ways’ at all - the cartoonists in our print and on-line media are uniformly hard Left, which is not good for our democracy.

Stop being so disingenuous.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 16-05-2023 at 03:28 PM.

Membaa

So which major newspaper is Tremain being published in? You’ve posted something from ‘squarespace’.
    The answer is that in the NZ media it does not ‘go both ways’ at all - the cartoonists in our print and on-line media are uniformly hard Left, which is not good for our democracy.

Stop being so disingenuous.
    Tremain, to his credit, spreads the borax around, usually aimed whatever is topical ... it's just that you mainly only see the Labour ones copied here: https://garricktremain.nz/cartoons