sharetrader
Page 109 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 959991051061071081091101111121131191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 14320
    Advanced Member

Very disappointed with the paltry increase in Pharmac budget, extra 50M per year for 4 years is pathetic esp when so much money being splashed around on other things.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Very disappointed with the paltry increase in Pharmac budget, extra 50M per year for 4 years is pathetic esp when so much money being splashed around on other things.
    Not enough votes to be gained. Pure and simple. That's Ardern's "be kind...if there's votes in it" policy.

Guru

Generic medications are cheap as chips so don't require much of an increase.

Experimental gene therapies cost as much as $1mil per patient.

Guru

I think as a supporter of jacinda the budget is rather mediocre this time:

The short termism is nearly identical to what National would do with an debt-funded income tax cut to win an election.

Would like have to seen more of a micheal cullen mindset of long term investments.
    Still better than a Judith Collins administration by a long way.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-05-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Generic medications are cheap as chips so don't require much of an increase.

Experimental gene therapies cost as much as $1mil per patient.
    That must be the ultimate
    generalization of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I think as a supporter of jacinda the budget is rather mediocre this time:

The short termism is nearly identical to what National would do with a debt-funded income tax cut to win an election.

Would like have to seen more of a micheal cullen mindset of long term investments.
    Still better than a Judith Collins administration by a considerable way.
    I agree. This new budget is bad - something I find difficult to swallow coming from Canada. There's no long term plan. Just throw a bunch of money to those on the benefit. No plan to empower those with disabilities, no plan to 'get them productive' to society.

Where's Jacinda's delivery? only time will tell.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That must be the ultimate
    generalization of all time.
    In this NZ herald article it mentions the treatment is 430k each year. It's probably not a cure or even close to it though I'm an expert in pharma.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/budget...OIWVKWEZ4H2D4/

drugs are either very cheap or expensive with little in between.

Guru

Trikafta was only developed last year so it will come down in price.

Don't see why we should pay $500k/y when the cost will come down later.
    Also important to keep in mind its sadly not a cure with only a 20% improvement in respiratory health.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-05-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I agree. This new budget is bad - something I find difficult to swallow coming from Canada. There's no long term plan. Just throw a bunch of money to those on the benefit. No plan to empower those with disabilities, no plan to 'get them productive' to society.

It's already here: no covid, great economy, surplus in 2026.
    Though labour should, rightly, set higher standards even if national woukd crow from the rooftops if they were in.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post

The budget was mixed. The government has already thrown a lot at keeping people in jobs during the past year. NZ still has poverty/poor housing illnesses. That is disgraceful considering our expensive residential housing and how much money goes into land-based investment. Our incidence of rheumatic fever is shameful for a “developed” country.

We should nurture NZ born children and enable them to be more productive to reduce the dependence on immigration.

Also…education, education, education. Let’s aspire to be a high value added economy not a feudal/peasant type society where investment mostly ends up in land.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-05-2021 at 01:18 PM.