sharetrader
Page 11 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast

I have worked in client facing roles and the vast majority of clients/customers are more likely to be fascinated by tattoos that disgusted. I don’t have any myself, but I have seen little old ladies commenting on staff members’ tattoos - positively. When a tattoo is done well it can be as beautiful as traditional art works.

I will concede to one exception however. Visible tattoos that are offensive in any way, are not OK, and I would not want an employee of mine working front line if they had a tattoo in this category (or they would be expected to cover it)

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    My comment was my personal preference and not hypocritical at all. For me appearance can also impact the ability to do the job. Especially when these people are in client facing positions. I do not want my business represented by people with tatts on their face. That is my criteria, yours may differ and that is fine.

God help any of your kids or grandkids should they ever be overweight. You are an arrogant prick.

My judgement of her is not on her looks, rather the years of non-achievement with her snout in the trough.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    God help any of your kids or grandkids should they ever be overweight. You are an arrogant prick.
    I am not sure why you are mentioning the term "overweight". I never commented on that part of her physique. Not even sure she is overweight. Just lazy, nothing to do with weight. The snout in the trough is a comment on those in public service who are there for the money etc etc.

Oh well, my sincere apologies for misunderstanding your meaning behind that comment then. Having said that, what you did mean is equally as judgmental. How do you know she is lazy or only there for the money? Where is your evidence of that? My previous comments still apply. You are judging her without even giving her a chance to do the job she has been given.

I am not sure why you are mentioning the term "overweight". I never commented on that part of her physique. Not even sure she is overweight. Just lazy, nothing to do with weight. The snout in the trough is a comment on those in public service who are there for the money etc etc.

Legend

And there we have it.

You don’t know this woman. You know literally nothing about her as a human being. You have made a judgment in her value (as a person and as a politician/minister) based on nothing but her physical appearance.

You disgust me.
    I'd like to see how you'd survive the New York underground late at night if you don't have the ability to make judgements based on appearance.

I can make judgements, but it doesn’t mean they will be correct. I may cross the street because I see someone who appears to be dodgy, but it doesn’t mean he is. Similarly, I could feel safe with a businessman in an Armani suit, who could be a psychopathic serial killer.

Not an issue for me as the US is the last place on earth I want to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'd like to see how you'd survive the New York underground late at night if you don't have the ability to make judgements based on appearance.

By the way. I worked in a furniture factory many moons ago. Our of all the staff that worked there, male and female, the only person in that whole factory who treated me with respect and didn’t look down their nose at me, was .... an ex bikie. Long hair and tattoos, a garage full of Harleys with a “security system” that just happened to be wired into 240V to welcome anyone who was tempted to steal his bikes. Yet he was a polite, friendly, funny, hardworking guy and the only one to treat me like a human being.

Don’t judge a bikie, or anyone else, by their cover.

Appearances matter - always have and will always do.

First impressions matter hugely.

Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously has no idea how the real world operates.

And we now have a foreign minister who looks sloppy because she is obviously overweight and has a tattoo on her face - but everyone overseas dealing with her when she is interacting with them are supposed to look past that because she is Maori?

Point is that Cindy has no idea how the real world operates out there - cloud cuckoo fantasy land.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-11-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Legend

I can make judgements, but it doesn’t mean they will be correct. I may cross the street because I see someone who appears to be dodgy, but it doesn’t mean he is. Similarly, I could feel safe with a businessman in an Armani suit, who could be a psychopathic serial killer.

Not an issue for me as the US is the last place on earth I want to visit.
    Probably just as well. The US are extremely interesting, but you would not be able to handle the diversity.

No. You’re supposed to look past it because she is a human being and deserves a chance to prove she can do the job she has been tasked with. Do you think Kim Jung Un and Trump are judged because they are obese, or because they are dictators (one not quite there but getting closer every day) who suck at their jobs?

Would you be reacting the same way if the new foreign relations minister was male with a tattoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    .....but everyone overseas dealing with her when she is interacting with them are supposed to look past that because she is Maori?