sharetrader
Page 110 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 10601001061071081091101111121131141201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 14320
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I agree. This new budget is bad - something I find difficult to swallow coming from Canada. There's no long term plan. Just throw a bunch of money to those on the benefit. No plan to empower those with disabilities, no plan to 'get them productive' to society.

Where's Jacinda's delivery? only time will tell.
    David Seymour was well worth listening to on Newshub Nation this morning. No doubt about it - he's the master of constructive criticism.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Also…education, education, education. Let’s aspire to be a high value added economy not a feudal/peasant type society where investment mostly ends up in land.
    Yeah. More into the NZ super fund which would not appear as debt, but assets, are totally missed even though its low hanging fruit.
    Take back control etc.

Guru

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...on-peters.html

It's a shame since they would have benefited from Winston's years of experience at the table. NZ's moderating force to stop the impulses of both sides and ocassionally have some good ideas.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-05-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Legend

The budget was mixed. The government has already thrown a lot at keeping people in jobs during the past year. NZ still has poverty/poor housing illnesses. That is disgraceful considering our expensive residential housing and how much money goes into land-based investment. Our incidence of rheumatic fever is shameful for a “developed” country.

We should nurture NZ born children and enable them to be more productive to reduce the dependence on immigration.

Also…education, education, education. Let’s aspire to be a high value added economy not a feudal/peasant type society where investment mostly ends up in land.
    And where does the money that paid for the land end up?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    And where does the money that paid for the land end up?
    In large part it goes back into investing in land along with more money, creating some of the most expensive residential land in the OECD. Where do you think it ends up?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-05-2021 at 04:31 PM.

The budget was mixed. The government has already thrown a lot at keeping people in jobs during the past year. NZ still has poverty/poor housing illnesses. That is disgraceful considering our expensive residential housing and how much money goes into land-based investment. Our incidence of rheumatic fever is shameful for a “developed” country.

We should nurture NZ born children and enable them to be more productive to reduce the dependence on immigration.

Yup - that was the Cdn initiative some 30 years ago ; put the investment into the young and break that dependency of being on welfare. My highschool observation had me see many of my friends coming off the welfare into decent paying jobs. The BC gov't had grants for those on welfare for education. One took the bite and studied computers and IT ; landed a job with the RCMP police force and after 30 years, he's retired. Those with disabilities yes I can understand ; but if you have 2 hands and a functioning brain, there's no reason why they can be productive and contribute to society. The gov't even had free sessions on how to make a resume / CV / free job counseling. I think there are these services in NZ? (but uncertain if WINZ pushes that focus?)

Again - Yes thumbs up Education, Education... Education

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Yup - that was the Cdn initiative some 30 years ago ; put the investment into the young and break that dependency of being on welfare. My highschool observation had me see many of my friends coming off the welfare into decent paying jobs. The BC gov't had grants for those on welfare for education. One took the bite and studied computers and IT ; landed a job with the RCMP police force and after 30 years, he's retired. Those with disabilities yes I can understand ; but if you have 2 hands and a functioning brain, there's no reason why they can be productive and contribute to society. The gov't even had free sessions on how to make a resume / CV / free job counseling. I think there are these services in NZ? (but uncertain if WINZ pushes that focus?)

Again - Yes thumbs up Education, Education... Education
    Yeah and like 2% of young people are on welfare, talk about a non-issue

I think Bjauck wants workers to have more productivity through a more european approach through investing in the human capital slightly more. More technology, learning how to use cloud software, machine learning etc.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-05-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Legend

In large part it goes back into investing in land along with more money, creating some of the most expensive residential land in the OECD. Where do you think it ends up?
    So is God hovering around making more of this land stuff?

Guru

There are supply issues everywhere so not a good time for complex "plans" but when people are exporting raw materials again maybe gigatown for the whole of NZ would be good. or at least the other major cities.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    So is God hovering around making more of this land stuff?
    Good One. Nope - It is just the policies here that create the expense and have made Gods' own land on these islands so expensive.

A saves money, cashes in some Kiwisaver, gets an inheritance, gets a loan on security of the real estate itself and buys the real estate for $1m from B. B takes the $1m and gets $1m from the bank to buy real estate from C. And So On....
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-05-2021 at 11:24 PM.