sharetrader
    Guru

Banks, petrol companies and landlords - National's mates.

I'm betting they're going to put it up more than is necessary, similar to what took place with GST.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 30-06-2023 at 11:06 AM.

Big FAIL by Te Whatu WTF Ora after 1 year by doctors.

Hardly surprising but what a disaster for NZers who need good and proper healthcare.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...its-first-year

Business confidence lifts by 13 points in latest survey. The highest level since Nov 2021.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...d=4svzrer4hv8t

So who do you believe?

Kiri Allan or ministerial & departmental staff?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...c-servant-says

Same Kiri who was supposed to be on sick and mental health leave but turned up last Sunday to comment on National’s conference. Too sick to work but not too sick to be an attack poodle?

And she could not even get her facts straight about the marginal cost of adding in more prisoners to the prison system with spare capacity.

Same Kiri who is supposedly so overloaded but happily accepted additional ministerial responsibilities when Wood was fired. She cannot have it both ways but being a Labour minister and a Maori, Hipkins will close both eyes (as usual).
    Last edited by Balance; 30-06-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Business confidence lifts by 13 points in latest survey. The highest level since Nov 2021.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...d=4svzrer4hv8t
    It’s like comparing worm eaten apples with rotten apples.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So who do you believe?

Kiri Allan or ministerial & departmental staff?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...c-servant-says

Same Kiri who was supposed to be on sick and mental health leave but turned up last Sunday to comment on National’s conference. Too sick to work but not too sick to be an attack poodle?

And she could not even get her facts straight about the marginal cost of adding in more prisoners to the prison system with spare capacity.

Same Kiri who is supposedly so overloaded but happily accepted additional ministerial responsibilities when Wood was fired. She cannot have it both ways but being a Labour minister and a Maori, Hipkins will close both eyes (as usual).
    It is clear there is something there - has been rumbling along for a few days and kept in the news when no details were available. I think National have been giving the story a bit of a push, waiting for the details to come out.

In the meantime, Minister Allan then keeps saying no formal allegations, she isn't aware of anything etc etc. Tui!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    It is clear there is something there - has been rumbling along for a few days and kept in the news when no details were available. I think National have been giving the story a bit of a push, waiting for the details to come out.

In the meantime, Minister Allan then keeps saying no formal allegations, she isn't aware of anything etc etc. Tui!!
    Well, there cannot be two Kiri Allans :

1. This one : https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ed-staff-badly

'"I don't think so, nah I think I can be a fair bit of fun, I can be pretty passionate, and I'm definitely not a Wellington politician - that's something I'm not. I'm from the regions, we do things a little bit differently but I think I'm fair, I think I have clear expectations and when those aren't met I'm clear about those as well." She said she had never shouted at staff.

2. And this one : https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...15#post1009715

"A senior public servant, with decades of experience, says Cabinet Minister Kiritapu Allan “yelled and screamed” so loudly, staff in the office heard the telephone call. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they witnessed Allan’s interactions with younger staff members both from government agencies and her Beehive office in a meeting, as well as seeing her “absolutely berate” another official for 20 mins on another occasion."

Hipkins flies back into NZ -

“He’ll be terrified that in the next week or two, more will emerge about Allan’s complicated relationship with her staff that requires him to discipline her, possibly a suspension while an investigation is carried out.

He is in a bind until then. Absent any formal complaint, Hipkins and Allan are in limbo. He can hardly discipline her over anonymous allegations, but it’s also untenable to do nothing as more and more people come forward to the media - as of Thursday, Stuff reported four senior staff have come forward.”

Leak … leak … drip … drip …

Legend

Welcome to Labour's train wreck central where every twist and bend in the tracks sees
    things lurch over even further towards an ultimate full out of control derailment

Labour might love Railways & Trains, but nothing will save them from the impending disaster
    and their own demise brought on by their own blind incompetents already onboard
    Last edited by nztx; 30-06-2023 at 05:50 PM.

Watched Hipkins ducking and diving trying to elude pointed questions on Kiri Allan this afternoon?

Well, he finally lost his composure and told one reporter ‘That’s the answer you are getting’ which was not an answer!

“It was a fairly straightforward equation he outlined: more pressure equals more pressure equals more pressure. Unfortunately for Labour and Hipkins, the pressure keeps compounding, and is taking out ministers along the way. Stuart Nash got the ball rolling by failing to keep his mouth shut. Michael Wood seemed to not have a spare minute to figure out what shares he owned. And Allan’s self-described “high standards” are now being considered in a different light.

Hipkins failed to give a direct answer on a number of questions regarding Allan’s behaviour, including why, since he claimed to be aware of pressures and tensions within ministerial offices, did he give Allan yet another portfolio (associate finance minister) just last week after Michael Wood resigned? Pressure begets pressure. And with ministers dropping like flies lately, there aren’t many places left for that pressure to land.”