sharetrader

They have made a mess of the economy.

They have made a mess of the social fabric of NZ.

They have made a mess of race relations.

They have made a mess of education and health.

They have made a mess of law & order.

And they are a mess, losing one minister after another week by week.

What is Labour good for?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    High level corruption. One rule for them, another for us plebs.

Looks like you can go drink driving if in ‘emotional distress’ folks.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/justic...BOFA2YR6SACCA/

‘Allan returned a breath test over the legal limit at a level considered an “infringement offence”. She will not be charged.

”While her alleged actions are inexcusable, I’ve been advised she was experiencing extreme emotional distress at the time of the incident. Her recent personal struggles with mental health have been well documented and it appears some of those issues came to a head yesterday.

“I have spoken with her first thing this morning and advised her I do not believe she’s in a fit state to hold a Ministerial warrant.

“I believe it’s also untenable for a Justice Minister to be charged with criminal offending,” Hipkins said.’
    I think it's actually very sad that it has come to this. Hipkins should have acted weeks ago.

High level corruption. One rule for them, another for us plebs.

Looks like you can go drink driving if in ‘emotional distress’ folks.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/justic...BOFA2YR6SACCA/

‘Allan returned a breath test over the legal limit at a level considered an “infringement offence”. She will not be charged.

”While her alleged actions are inexcusable, I’ve been advised she was experiencing extreme emotional distress at the time of the incident. Her recent personal struggles with mental health have been well documented and it appears some of those issues came to a head yesterday.

“I have spoken with her first thing this morning and advised her I do not believe she’s in a fit state to hold a Ministerial warrant.

“I believe it’s also untenable for a Justice Minister to be charged with criminal offending,” Hipkins said.’
    Where is the corruption? You need to be careful what you randomly accuse people of.

Perhaps the comments weren't opened up because spurious accusations like this & ugly comments are likely to be made.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Where is the corruption? You need to be careful what you randomly accuse people of.

Perhaps the comments weren't opened up because spurious accusations like this & ugly comments are likely to be made.
    Calm down. I mean the word in the below sense, as in ‘a rotten government’.

Corruption.
    the process of decay; putrefaction.
    "the potato turned black and rotten with corruption"

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    They have made a mess of the economy.

They have made a mess of the social fabric of NZ.

They have made a mess of race relations.

They have made a mess of education and health.

They have made a mess of law & order.

And they are a mess, losing one minister after another week by week.

What is Labour good for?
    A police statement said a person was charged following a crash on Evans Bay Parade, Roseneath, last night shortly after 9pm.

They were charged with careless use of a motor vehicle, and refusing to accompany a police officer. They were to appear in court at a later date.

An infringement notice was also issued for excess breath alcohol between 250 and 400 micrograms.

In New Zealand, the alcohol limit for drivers aged 20 years and over is 250mcg.

Corruption.
    I'm quite calm. I'm not the one making false accusations. "One rule for them, one rule for us plebs" makes it quite clear what you meant.
    Personally, I would make a retraction, rather than making something up to try & cover for my actions.
    Moving on.

Corruption.
    Who was the Labour shill who recently posted here that there was corruption when a judge allowed name suppression for an ex politician pending trial?

Now that is allegation of corruption!

Surely this has to be the final final nail in the coffin for Labour. it shows that their ministers are not even close to being up to the task.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I think it's actually very sad that it has come to this. Hipkins should have acted weeks ago.
    Once again Hipkins shows he’s incapable of making the right decisions.

While it's all too easy to throw egg on Hipkin's face, I think we must never count out the chance of Labour getting back in for another term. The members of Sharetrader here do NOT speak for the general consensus of NZ voters. When I walk out in public, go to school to meet the teachers and parents where my children attend, it's very clear that there's a VERY large supporter base for Labour. These supporters do not listen to the news or talk radio or essentially NZ politics. These people are those that live day to day without any concern of the details of gov't, and overall, support the bold actions that Labour has done (ie. agree on ethnic diversity and support co-governance, support a clean environment which is why the Green Party is so relevant today, etc). Anotherwords, they are under the belief that they've "always voted for Labour" and it's not so simple for these voters to change.

We must not be so complacent...