sharetrader
Page 121 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 21711111171181191201211221231241251311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 14494

You may not realise it, or have intended it, but your chosen wording below is transphobic. If you had been talking about a biological woman or man, there is no way you would have said “we have one in the family.”

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    We have one in the immediate family (late teens).

Guru

It looks like mike hosking wanted to stop the interviews:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...interview.html

Maybe she would still be on if not for that decision.
    He 'cancelled' her ..
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 07-06-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You may not realise it, or have intended it, but your chosen wording below is transphobic. If you had been talking about a biological woman or man, there is no way you would have said “we have one in the family.”
    I haven't got one in my family. Does that meet with your approval?

One is perfectly normal word to describe a person. You're only looking for something transphobic and therefore you see it everywhere.

If you say so. Have a lovely day.

Veteran novice

Much food for thought in Andrea Vance's article. I've always regarded her as one of our best, unbiased journalists.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    It looks like mike hosking wanted to stop the interviews:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...interview.html

Maybe she would still be on if not for that decision.
    He 'cancelled' her ...
    To qualify that, he doesn't want to have her running his program by using it as a format to use only when and as she likes. If she was prepared to continue her regular spot then he would have been happy with that. He certainly shouldn't be dictated to by anyone who just wants broadcasting time to suit themselves. Good on him for his stance.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 06-06-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Guru

She showed up for full length interviews for four to six years.
    In contrast :
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertain...45ATGWDS7BPYU/

Now Newshub has been turned from a serious news channel into a childcare centre (AM show) in the mornings. :\
    Weekends are a bit better though.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 06-06-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Dilettante

OMG justswiwi. You’re taken this way too far. I read it to mean that artemis has one transgender person in the family. Calling that transphobic is stepping way over the line in my view

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    OMG justswiwi. You’re taken this way too far. I read it to mean that artemis has one transgender person in the family. Calling that transphobic is stepping way over the line in my view
    It's very difficult to have reasoned logical debate with people about "Trans" issues, largely because the whole topic is devoid of Reason and Logic.

First step of Identity Politics is "paint yourself as victim" and thereby dictate the narrative because anyone is howled down for even questioning.

Then, with "Trans" issues, the inverse of Reason and Science is applied, hence The Emperor's New Clothes result. A man can be a woman and vice versa....and you're not allowed to question it because someone might commit suicide.

Tomorrow I might declare myself Black, cos y'know Black Lives Matter. I'm a blue eyed European but doesn't matter, my feelings tell me otherwise and I'm going Black. It doesn't matter that I'm not....that would be to apply logic and Science. My position is irrefutable because to attack me on the basis of the colour of my skin would be racist.
    Last edited by jonu; 06-06-2021 at 08:15 PM.