sharetrader
Page 122 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 22721121181191201211221231241251261321722226221122 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    One is perfectly normal word to describe a person. You're only looking for something transphobic and therefore you see it everywhere.
    In my experience in that context, it is more unlikely that "one" would be used by someone in conversation who is totally accepting of the situation being discussed. However you cannot draw too many conclusions from a short forum post. Some of my forum posts have been totally misconstrued as a result of a poorly chosen word or phrase!

If someone said "we have one of those in our family" then that would be much more likely to signify dehumanisation or non-acceptance, in my experience.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 07-06-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Tomorrow I might declare myself Black, cos y'know Black Lives Matter. I'm a blue eyed European but doesn't matter, my feelings tell me otherwise and I'm going Black. It doesn't matter that I'm not....that would be to apply logic and Science. My position is irrefutable because to attack me on the basis of the colour of my skin would be racist.
    Identity politics has been/ is necessary to overcome the centuries of actual victimisation. Discrimination still exists; no need for the paint brush!

However, personally, I do have reservations with relation to medical intervention on a biologically healthy body.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Much food for thought in Andrea Vance's article. I've always regarded her as one of our best, unbiased journalists.
    Yes...she did great work with Peter Dunn from memory .
    (or is my memory failing me ?...nope its not)
    http://www.laudafinem.org/2013/06/18...-vance-affair/
    Last edited by RTM; 07-06-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Do you have a more, how shall I put this, respectable, relevant and accurate source of material?

The following quotes are taken from the link supplied to the article. I'll leave it up to the judgment of others as to whether they agree with me:

"Whats more upsetting is this broad (women) is not the prettiest thing in the world or even the News of the World."

"Fairfax are a low rent bunch of criminally retarded reporters that specialize in sensationalism, prostitution advertising shyte sheets, lies and more lies."

"Paul Thompson and his evil empire are also desperate to remain relevant in this changing media environment. So desperate that he promotes overt criminal offending by his staff. Go Paul! Anyone hear that Media Works is in receivership."
    Last edited by Zaphod; 07-06-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Low blow. Andrea Vance is definitely one of our better political journalists in NZ, a fast dying breed.

Guru

Looks like those lovely cuddly Waikato Mongrel Mob Kingdom that Labour was cuddling up to aren't quite so cuddly after all.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

The Police must be pulling their hair out over this government's naive stupidity.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Looks like those lovely cuddly Waikato Mongrel Mob Kingdom that Labour was cuddling up to aren't quite so cuddly after all.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

The Police must be pulling their hair out over this government's naive stupidity.
    Labour cuddling up? I thought it was Marama Davidson and the Chief Human Rights Commissioner? Neither are Labour!

The Waikato Mongrel Mob Kingdom have even further to go to convince anyone that they really have changed their spots.
    The Police don't say exactly who was arrested (that I've seen anyway) but it flies in the face of the Mobs assertion that the top was trying to effect change and was let down, occasionally, by underlings.

Guru

Pharmac will be pressured to fund this drug, $50k/y even though it shows no benefit:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/fda...77UGHNW4IDFFA/

Need to look into the deeper causes of aging.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Labour cuddling up? I thought it was Marama Davidson and the Chief Human Rights Commissioner? Neither are Labour!

The Waikato Mongrel Mob Kingdom have even further to go to convince anyone that they really have changed their spots.
    The Police don't say exactly who was arrested (that I've seen anyway) but it flies in the face of the Mobs assertion that the top was trying to effect change and was let down, occasionally, by underlings.
    I may be mistaken but I thought Willy Jackson had regularly been meeting with gangsters as well.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post

I may be mistaken but I thought Willy Jackson had regularly been meeting with gangsters as well.