sharetrader
Page 129 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Oh yes they could! It's the brewery itself they couldn't run.
    Well, yes - while they promise crates of free beer for everybody, their committee to set up a committee to establish a bottle cleaning process unfortunately drank too much beer to preserve the good stuff from spilling due to lack of clean bottles :

Our problem as country is just that while Labour has nice ideas and big promises it doesn't know how to implement, National finds it hard to hire decent people (and I mean that literally). Sexters, staff abusers, leakers, bullies, infighters and real weirdos - and yes, i know that Labour has at least one of these subjects as well in a prominent position, but this is a different subject.

Instead of hiring decent honest people who stand out in their communities for the right reasons National does seem hell bound to find a John Key look alike, no matter their abilities.

So - sure, lets beat up Labour, it is not hard to find their weaknesses, but lets remember as well that afterwards we still need somebody to run the country, and at this stage I'd prefer its not the weirdo party on the centre right.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

duplication due to webserver playing up again - deleted
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-06-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

The best leaders in the world never had commercial experience:

Merkel, Shinzo Abe and Singapore's PM (who was born into the role) are examples.
    Sir Micheal Cullen great economic leadership despite being an academic.

The alternative is Donald Trump and john key I suppose. "meh".
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 14-06-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Guru

If anyone thinks Identity Politics (embraced by Labour, and the lifeblood of the Greens) and Post-Modern Marxism aren't intertwined, have a read of this.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

I have no idea whether Strike 4 is racist or not, but this article would appear to embody the mantra that "the left eats itself." You can never be woke enough. Today's Progressive becomes by definition tomorrow's oppressor.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I'm picking at some point this term, the media pack are going to go feral on Ardern. Only one or two of the old dogs in the Press Gallery have called BS from early in her reign. The rest were fawning over her from the minute she replaced Little prior the 2017 election. MSM have a lot to answer for in this respect, however it is very interesting to see the ballooning numbers of "Communications" staff, many of whom no doubt, have media training.
    It's not been a great week for Ardern.

Firstly, the movie, about which I accept her statements. I think most people do, however unfortunately for her, it will leave a stain. It's not fair, but that's the optics, and optics is what Ardern trades on. Certainly not delivery.

Secondly, the Toyota EV Utes comment. Sloppy and flippant.

Thirdly, the biography just published which she says she has been duped by. I'm inclined to believe her on this as well, but the politics by photo op she feeds on is catching up with her.

Overexposed and under delivering will be her undoing.

In a sane world you would like to think so but today ..... I'm not so sure.

Legend

Firstly, the movie, about which I accept her statements. I think most people do, however unfortunately for her, it will leave a stain. It's not fair, but that's the optics, and optics is what Ardern trades on. Certainly not delivery.

Thirdly, the biography just published which she says she has been duped by. I'm inclined to believe her on this as well, but the politics by photo op she feeds on is catching up with her.

Certainly under-delivering will do damage, but I'm not so sure about overexposure. No doubt you've heard the common adage 'all publicity is good publicity'. There's a modicum of truth in it.

Advanced Member

Cant see how the controversy over the movie leaves a stain on Adern, once again it reminded everyone what an extraordinary & inspiring job she did in responding to that tragedy, and was widely seen as a lesson to other world leaders in how to respond to such terrible events.

Secondly, most people interpret the push back from Toyota NZ is all about avoiding a sudden steep drop off in sales & keeping sales of their existing stock of both new & 2nd hand petrol & diesel models going through 2021 & 22 rather than see buyers holding off for coming EV Utes. If you were thinking about replacing a ute in the next year or two, wouldn't you wait now?
    See article about EV Utes being released in Australia including next year a Hyundai EV ute in direct completion to Toyota Hylux.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...-to-oz-121284/

Cant comment on the so called biography.

Re govt under delivering & steeply rising inequality & homelessness due to rampant house prices with all it serious consequences, can't argue with that, but very much doubt the absolute shambles the Nat's are at moment could do any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Cant see how the controversy over the movie leaves a stain on Adern, once again it reminded everyone what an extraordinary & inspiring job she did in responding to that tragedy, and was widely seen as a lesson to other world leaders in how to respond to such terrible events.
    She did an excellent job , but extraordinary and inspiring is stretching it to an emotive maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Secondly, most people interpret the push back from Toyota NZ is all about avoiding a sudden steep drop off in sales & keeping sales of their existing stock of both new & 2nd hand petrol & diesel models going through 2021 & 22 rather than see buyers holding off for coming EV Utes. If you were thinking about replacing a ute in the next year or two, wouldn't you wait now?
    She claimed that Toyota would be releasing an EV ute, when in fact they will not be. Nothing to do with a drop off in sales or rather, leases for the most part.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 15-06-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    She did an excellent job , but extraordinary and inspiring is stretching it to an emotive maximum.

She claimed that Toyota would be releasing an EV ute, when in fact they will not be. Nothing to do with a drop off in sales or rather, leases for the most part.
    The "mud sticks" principle applies with the movie. I didn't say it was fair, but I think people will associate it with her eagerness to fill our media (except where she is asked anything like tough questions).

Regarding Toyota, her false claim was used to get people to hold off buying a new ute, which could be very damaging to Toyota. It would appear she is willing to throw Toyota under the bus to gain traction for yet another ill thought out policy.