sharetrader
Page 130 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 30801201261271281291301311321331341401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 14320
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    She did an excellent job , but extraordinary and inspiring is stretching it to an emotive maximum.

She claimed that Toyota would be releasing an EV ute, when in fact they will not be. Nothing to do with a drop off in sales or rather, leases for the most part.

Curiously Toyota NZ CEO Neeraj Lala is quoted in this April /2021 article in 'Driven NZ' as saying "We hope to have a Hilux hybrid enter the market before the end of next year"
    He commented with emissons restrictions tightening internationally, they're expecting every Toyota model to get some electrification including commercials such as Utes.
    If Hyundai release an EV ute next year in direct completion to the Hylux, Toyota will not want to be left behind.

https://www.driven.co.nz/news/it-s-h...-electric-ute/

I wouldn't blame Adern if Toyota's putting out contradictory info, but as said I think its more to do with getting rid of existing petrol & diesel stock.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Curiously Toyota NZ CEO Neeraj Lala is quoted in this April /2021 article in 'Driven NZ' as saying "We hope to have a Hilux hybrid enter the market before the end of next year"
    He commented with emissons restrictions tightening internationally, they're expecting every Toyota model to get some electrification including commercials such as Utes.
    If Hyundai release an EV ute next year in direct completion to the Hylux, Toyota will not want to be left behind.

I wouldn't blame Adern if Toyota's putting out contradictory info, but as said I think its more to do with getting rid of existing petrol & diesel stock.
    Don't you think it would have been wise for the government to speak directly to manufacturers about supply before committing to a policy?

Further to that, where is the electricity and charging capacity going to come from? Have seen little discussion around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

A Hilux Hybrid is not an EV. The statement by Ardern was very clear about Toyota releasing an EV Ute. It's not about Toyota deliberately releasing contradictory information, it's about Adern making a simple mistake. Like everyone, she can make a mistake.

Guru

People often have homes with built in power plugs included.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    People often have homes with built in power plugs included.
    Not much help when you are stuck on the Auckland motorway. Or miles from home....which is kinda the reason for having a vehicle. And the electricity?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    If anyone thinks Identity Politics (embraced by Labour, and the lifeblood of the Greens) and Post-Modern Marxism aren't intertwined, have a read of this.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

I have no idea whether Strike 4 is racist or not, but this article would appear to embody the mantra that "the left eats itself." You can never be woke enough. Today's Progressive becomes by definition tomorrow's oppressor.
    I can't stop laughing after reading this article.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    I can't stop laughing after reading this article.
    Sadly, it's no laughing matter. These idiots are intent on ripping Western Democracy apart. I fear the world is in for a very rough time over the next 10 years. Either the woke mob will get their way (disastrous) or there will be an extreme right wing pendulum swing to defeat them. That's not likely to end well either.

Sadly, it's no laughing matter. These idiots are intent on ripping Western Democracy apart. I fear the world is in for a very rough time over the next 10 years. Either the woke mob will get their way (disastrous) or there will be an extreme right wing pendulum swing to defeat them. That's not likely to end well either.
    No worries - while their are no doubt a lot of still unfermented ideas brewing on the left side of the political spectrum, first - they do support democracy and second they hardly manage to achieve anything at all.

What I am afraid of are the right wing populists. While they are inept as well to protect their country (the virus apparently loves them and makes right wing populist controlled countries much more sicker than others), their ineptness tends to tune in nicely into the waves of the mob. Think the hysteric crowds around Trump if you are not sure what I mean. Right wing populism (under Hitler, Mussolini and Franco) brought the world to its knees before - we need to make sure we don't get there again.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-06-2021 at 01:43 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I am convinced this will only end with civil wars across first world. Just look at France, where military already said they'll take over if the government doesn't deal with the crisis caused by migration.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No worries - while their are no doubt a lot of still unfermented ideas brewing on the left side of the political spectrum, first - they do support democracy and second they hardly manage to achieve anything at all.

What I am afraid of are the right wing populists. While they are inept as well to protect their country (the virus apparently loves them and makes right wing populist controlled countries much more sicker than others), their ineptness tends to tune in nicely into the waves of the mob. Think the hysteric crowds around Trump if you are not sure what I mean. Right wing populism (under Hitler, Mussolini and Franco) brought the world to its knees before - we need to make sure we don't get there again.
    No, left is not supporting democracy. Definitely not the current left in first world. Also mobs... like BLM riots right? And Hitler's party was leftist. I mean it's already happening, rewriting books, renaming goods etc.
    Last edited by peetter; 15-06-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Guru

Well we had a referendum on asset sales and that was ignored.

Though the one on the flag wasn't thankfully.
    I can't think of more of an assault than trying to remove the brithish flag.