sharetrader
Page 1354 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 35485412541304134413501351135213531354135513561357135813641404 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,540 of 14320
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Think someone could be holding back on news of James Shaw’s fake qualifications to unleash on the electorate next week?

Certainly will help Labour given the way that the Greens are taking votes off Labour.

Interesting week ahead!
    A conundrum for Labour, whether they shaft Shaw's lying about his quals to boost the Labour party vote and risk losing the Green's in coalition, or just stay silent on it. Labour can't afford to lose the Greens, there's no way they can get the benches on their vote alone. So far, staying silent is the plan. Either way, on current polls neither Labour or the Greens are staying in government.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hi Winner

You might have seen a new poll landed tonight and it shows that the race is getting tighter every week.

This means that if New Zealanders want to see a Government with a positive plan that puts people first, brings down the cost of living, invests properly in health and education, and believes in a fair go for everyone, then they need to Party Vote Labour.

There is so much at risk this election.

A National-ACT-New Zealand First Coalition would mean:

Thousands of job cuts before Christmas
    Higher inflation and higher interest rates for longer
    Thousands more kids in poverty as National reduces funding for welfare
    Billions of dollars worth of Kiwi homes sold to foreign speculators
    Cuts to vital supports like free prescriptions, free public transport and free early childhood education
    An end to the public house building programme.

By contrast, Labour will:
    Bring inflation down and keep wages growing
    Keep Kiwis in work as we have done for the past six years
    Double the number of new public homes we’ve already built
    Expand free dental care to all under 30s
    Take GST off fruit and vegetables.

Make no mistake: if Christopher Luxon wins this election, New Zealanders will lose.

Therefore my message to you is simple. To stop a Coalition of Cuts and Chaos with Winston Peters, David Seymour and Christopher Luxon, Party Vote Labour.

We’re giving it everything we’ve got this election, there’s too much on the line. With your support, we can make sure voters hear about our plan to move New Zealand forward – for everyone.

So, what do you say Winner will you chip in to help us secure every single vote? You can make a contribution here.

Kiwis love to back an underdog, and they love a comeback even more.

Thanks for your continued support!

Chris
    I received this Labour Party propaganda in the mail today. The problem I don't like is the "scare tactic" that Chris is using. Because they have nothing better else to offer, they instead use near borderline threats that if you don't vote for Labour Party, then you will succumb to all the problems listed. That's a very VERY bad way of trying to win votes through intimidation.

Guru

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/10/04/c...e-campaigning/

The deputy prime minister is defending her use of a taxpayer-funded VIP limousine while campaigning for the Labour Party.

'Today, Carmel Sepuloni attended a number of events across Wellington while campaigning for Labour, and she travelled to and between them in her chauffeur-driven ministerial limousine — a high-end Audi.

Crown limos are normally used by ministers when they're conducting ministerial business, although exceptions are made for the PM and Leader of the Opposition during the election campaign.

When asked if ministers are allowed to use their tax-payer funded limousines while engaged in party campaigning Sepuloni said "Yes we are."

"I'm in Wellington so it's a bit hard for me to get around otherwise, but it's within the rules."

The rules do state ministers are allowed to use a chauffeur-driven VIP limo "at any time, for any purpose, at the Minister's discretion" but today Sepuloni was not acting in any ministerial capacity.

"We try not to (use the Crown limos) and so when we can we'll use our own cars but I can't do that in Wellington," she said.'

Like National, or ACT for that matter, aren't doing the same thing. Be real.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I received this Labour Party propaganda in the mail today. The problem I don't like is the "scare tactic" that Chris is using. Because they have nothing better else to offer, they instead use near borderline threats that if you don't vote for Labour Party, then you will succumb to all the problems listed. That's a very VERY bad way of trying to win votes through intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/10/04/c...e-campaigning/

The deputy prime minister is defending her use of a taxpayer-funded VIP limousine while campaigning for the Labour Party.

'Today, Carmel Sepuloni attended a number of events across Wellington while campaigning for Labour, and she travelled to and between them in her chauffeur-driven ministerial limousine — a high-end Audi.

Crown limos are normally used by ministers when they're conducting ministerial business, although exceptions are made for the PM and Leader of the Opposition during the election campaign.

When asked if ministers are allowed to use their tax-payer funded limousines while engaged in party campaigning Sepuloni said "Yes we are."

"I'm in Wellington so it's a bit hard for me to get around otherwise, but it's within the rules."

The rules do state ministers are allowed to use a chauffeur-driven VIP limo "at any time, for any purpose, at the Minister's discretion" but today Sepuloni was not acting in any ministerial capacity.

"We try not to (use the Crown limos) and so when we can we'll use our own cars but I can't do that in Wellington," she said.'
    So typical of Labour - freeloaders one and all.

Guru

Disgraceful. Sorry you recieved a threatening letter from Chippy. We should all be angry when these types of tactics are used. The absolute desperation emanating from Labour must mean the books are in far worse shape than what has been revealed. They know they are stuffed if they get turfed out, they won't back for at least a decade.

Dilettante

I don't recall before that we have a Government party running an election campaign where they avoid mentioning any of their main policies during the last 6 years. They have been so unpopular that Labour doesn't want any of them mentioned and have lowered themselves to gutter politics

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't recall before that we have a Government party running an election campaign where they avoid mentioning any of their main policies during the last 6 years. They have been so unpopular that Labour doesn't want any of them mentioned and have lowered themselves to gutter politics
    Exactly iceman.

A 2 term government would normally be campaigning on their record, making a case for more of the same progress and stability.

Labour are hissing and spitting like a cat trapped in a corner. They need a massive cleanout and reorientation of their principles (they currently have none) before being let anywhere near government again. I had a chat yesterday with a friend who is voting Labour. I asked him to name one thing that's better. He paused for a bit, and all he could come up with was that he had an extra public holiday. I tried raising the wastage of mental health spending for no improvement, bridge bike lanes, light rail, but his eyes just glazed over. Hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Hipkins has not only nothing to run on, he also has to watch his back as Labour MPs, petrified about being unemployed after October 14th, undermine his leadership - like Robbo, Clark and Leary with hints that they support wealth tax and they want to implement one in the future. In other words, Hipkins' captain call is not to be taken seriously.

What a tragic state of affairs for Chip off the Arden block Chippie, eh?

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/electi...NU4SOGYDKFW5I/

Election 2023: Labour promises to set up ‘Anti-Scamming Unit’

An anti Scamming Unit would probably be too busy investigating the clueless Morons who now promise
    to (probably not)bring it in with all promised not delivered & hangers on around the trough

No Wonder Kiwi's at large are mostly feeling Ripped Off & Scammed by Labour
    Last edited by nztx; 05-10-2023 at 12:58 PM.