sharetrader
Page 137 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 14320

That's a bold statement saying that we have jobs only thanks to government.

I think looking at how government spends money and cutting costs should be first way to cover the "cost of tax cuts". Nobody will convince me that government needs to take 50+% of my money to run. Yet every year more and more taxes are introduced and less and less gets done with it...

Guru

Our govt is probably the most efficient in the world.

Guru

To summarise pete (and some others) point of view:

Number one in corona response and economic recovery is nothing to do with the govt becuase it "was easy".
    Though building houses is entirely the fault of Jacinda for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    To summarise pete (and some others) point of view:

Number one in corona response and economic recovery is nothing to do with the govt becuase it "was easy".
    Though building houses is entirely the fault of Jacinda for some reason.
    I think closing borders on an island at the end of the world is hardly a response that requires cheering. My brother lives on Sunshine coast and they had less lockdowns than NZ and still are corona free.

As far as economy goes, the recovery is despite the government. There wasn't one policy from Labour you could attribute to economic recovery. Money printing around the world and low rates are the drivers.

And yes - government, which was voted in 2017 elections on basis of solving housing crisis, and didn't do anything about housing for 4 years should be blamed for the lack of action. Funny how you conveniently forget the promise of 100 000 new affordable homes being built.
    Last edited by peetter; 17-06-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    I think closing borders on an island at the end of the world is hardly a response that requires cheering. My brother lives on Sunshine coast and they had less lockdowns than NZ and still are corona free.

As far as economy goes, the recovery is despite the government. There wasn't one policy from Labour you could attribute to economic recovery. Money printing around the world and low rates are the drivers.

And yes - government, which was voted in 2017 elections on basis of solving housing crisis, and didn't do anything about housing for 4 years should be blamed for the lack of action. Funny how you conveniently forget the promise of 100 000 new affordable homes being built.
    And zero policy and no ideas on how to get us out of the border lockdowns !!

Guru

The NZ voters simply disagree with you and delivered a historic win.

for the LOTR fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEPDlXJqq8&t=130s

for the LOTR fans:

Only because they were in covid shock. Pavlov 101. Fear weakens the masses. Keep them frightened, nanny state will protect you.

Guru

They were on track to winning well before then.

for the LOTR fans:

I think you wrongly assume I mind that Labour won. I'd criticize anyone for raising taxes and having stupid policies. I never understood why people think 2 party system is good.

You on the other side come around like a non questioning Labour fanboy who doesn't have opinion but blindly follows and applauds anything.

Guru

Simply reflecting what all the international visitors say here which is what a wonderful job she's done.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 18-06-2021 at 10:32 PM.