sharetrader
Page 1379 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 37987912791329136913751376137713781379138013811382138313891429 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A long hard road ahead for Labour to win back the working class who were previously staunch Labour voters, come hell or high water.

Pandering to Mahuta, Jackson & the Maori cabal has cost Labour dearly and no thanks to Ardern (spineless & clueless according to Chris Trotter), Labour has ended up losing both the Maori votes as well as the Working Class votes!

https://democracyproject.nz/2023/10/...working-class/

Excerpt :

"Neither Ardern, nor her successor, Chris Hipkins, had the intellectual or ideological sophistication to argue either For or Against the revolutionary ideas contained in the He Puapua Report. Nor did they possess the courage to follow Helen Clark’s example of political intransigence.

Labour made no case for co-governance because it couldn’t. For the previous 40 years it had put “all that Treaty stuff” into the too-hard, or the too-scary, basket. When the sovereignty hand grenade finally exploded, in the second term of the Sixth Labour Government, the best Labour could manage was to blame the resulting injury to the New Zealand body politic on the “racism” of the people whose votes it would need to go on governing.

Unsurprisingly, it didn’t get them. Almost accidentally, Labour discovered what it would take to make the working-class stop voting for it. Not the Pasefika working-class, admittedly, but the “settler” working-class – made up of Pakeha New Zealanders and the children and grandchildren of immigrant workers. Making those citizens feel as though they had, somehow, to justify their right to participate in shaping their nation’s future: that was the crucial catalyst for electoral defection.

Like their European and American counterparts, the New Zealand working-class has completed its historical journey from Left to Right.

And it ain’t going back."

Exactly.
    I am glad we have finally resolved this. Thanks Labour and in particular Jacinda for showing us the true nature of your plot. Was an easy decision for most Kiwis.

Chris Lee? Zero credibility. Zero. Zilch. Big '0'.

The Chris Lee who had his own finance companies' rating system which he abandoned and deleted from all sites/records when one after another of the finance companies he rated went under?

The Chris Lee who held Allan Hubbard in the highest esteem and put numerous clients' monies into South Canterbury Finance?

I had a bit to do with assessing South Canterbury Finance in the day and I can tell you that Allan Hubbard was totally out of his depth and treated SCF's funds like he was Santa Claus.

Too many cases and examples of how he simply doled out the money with bugger all documentation and follow up.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JOKJRS45PQCV4/
    paywalled

Excerpt :

Hubbard, whose parsimonious lifestyle - he lived in a modest home and drove a decades-old car despite being worth $650m at his peak - was in failing health and his 80s when the collapse came, with problems exacerbated by a business style later described by a High Court justice as "less than orthodox" that relied on hand-written ledgers, handshakes and shuffling financial deckchairs.

Fisk said the standout feature of SCF, compared to other failed finance companies he administered, was "a lack of records".

"When we had to go searching for things when litigation was involved, that would be the main difference with the other finance companies: You couldn't find anything to support decision-making," he said.

Hubbard faced a raft of Serious Fraud Office charges over his private investment vehicles, but died in a car crash in 2011 while the SFO was probing SCF. Its owner and chief executive was considered to be a "person of interest".

Hubbard's boardroom colleagues were left to face the SFO music by themselves in a 2014 trial that became one of the country's longest running. The defence largely pinned blame, if there was any conceded, on their dead colleague.
    As usual you are missing the point, but admittedly - you are very proficient and energetic in doing so;

If you would have any clue what you are talking about, you would know that Chris was not supporting or covering up Alan Hubbards accounting practises. He just identified that the Key government contributed its fair share in bringing SCF into the situation they have been in, and afterwards when SCF was unable to pay its bills, it still did own a number of quite valuable items (like Scales). Instead of keeping these and selling them when the price was right, the Key government decided to firesell them for a song and get the tax payer to cover the losses.

Pretty inept for a government which is supposed to look after tax payers money.

Just read the book - it might enlighten you - assuming not everything is lost ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 25-10-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Maybe you misspelt 'copyright' on purpose, to cover for your willingness for others to breach the terms of use for both NZME and Sharetrader, while defending that by saying neither have "no more protection"? All this because you don't like people posting paywalled links and are too miserly yourself to take up a paid subscription of your own.
    https://grammarist.com/usage/copyright-copywrite/
    I certainly did spell it purposely. It appeals to my sense of logic. Not common anymore - but not wrong.
    Yes - I am too miserable to subscribe to any publication that I don't want to read - but not beyond occasionally reading a copy in my doctors' waiting room.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 25-10-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    As usual you are missing the point, but admittedly - you are very proficient and energetic in doing so;

If you would have any clue what you are talking about, you would know that Chris was not supporting or covering up Alan Hubbards accounting practises. He just identified that the Key government contributed its fair share in bringing SCF into the situation they have been in, and afterwards when SCF was unable to pay its bills, it still did own a number of quite valuable items (like Scales). Instead of keeping these and selling them when the price was right, the Key government decided to firesell them for a song and get the tax payer to cover the losses.

Pretty inept for a government which is supposed to look after tax payers money.

Just read the book - it might enlighten you - assuming not everything is lost ;
    I know exactly what Chris Lee was on about - writing the book 9 years after SCF collapsed in a whole heap with inadequate records, documentation and with loans/assets/investments all over the place.

Properties, investments and businesses dropped sharply in value after the GFC (NZX was down 45% at one stage and the NZ$ dropped 35%).

Chris Lee used the value of the assets realised then from the collapse of SCF and compared the increased values 9 years later!

Now since he is so smart, why did he not predict the rise and rise of the stockmarket and properties over the same period to 2019?

Better still, why did he put clients' monies into the finance companies when he could have recommended government bonds instead - think of how much the monies will be worth today!

Hindsight Charlie = Chris Lee.

Chris Lee fools the gullible into believing that SCF could be saved. It could not be as Alan Hubbard was using SCF's monies to invest recklessly in any number of companies and businesses which subsequently collapsed due to mismanagement and even, fraud.
    Last edited by Balance; 25-10-2023 at 12:55 PM.

I know exactly what Chris Lee was on about - writing the book 9 years after SCF collapsed in a whole heap with inadequate records, documentation and with loans/assets/investments all over the place.

Properties, investments and businesses dropped sharply in value after the GFC (NZX was down 45% at one stage and the NZ$ dropped 35%).

Chris Lee used the value of the assets realised then from the collapse of SCF and compared the increased values 9 years later!

Now since he is so smart, why did he not predict the rise and rise of the stockmarket and properties over the same period to 2019?

Better still, why did he put clients' monies into the finance companies when he could have recommended government bonds instead - think of how much the monies will be worth today!

Hindsight Charlie = Chris Lee.

Chris Lee fools the gullible into believing that SCF could be saved. It could not be as Alan Hubbard was using SCF's monies to invest recklessly in any number of companies and businesses which subsequently collapsed due to mismanagement and even, fraud.
    Look - we do know that you run a personal vendetta against Chris Lee. You are a hate stricken person with an agenda.

If you would have anything material against him, why don't you sort it out with him? But clearly you don't have the guts to approach him and you prefer to smear instead his name on an anonymus forum. How cowardly.

But this is a political thread, not your personal "smear the enemies of the unbalanced poster named balance"- thread.

My point was that the past National governments wasted (as the recent Labour government) billions of tax payer money. Clearly - neither you nor anybody else was so far able to debunk Chris book ... and this is the reason you don't deal with the problem, but you try to smear the messenger.

Do you have anything worthwhile to say - or can we expect more smears?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    https://grammarist.com/usage/copyright-copywrite/
    I certainly did spell it purposely. It appeals to my sense of logic. Not common anymore - but not wrong.
    Yes - I am too miserable to subscribe to any publication that I don't want to read - but not beyond occasionally reading a copy in my doctors' waiting room.
    Some publications allow purchase of the individual article without a sub.

I would like spellings like copyrite and drivethru. It is time to finish what Webster started.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Look - we do know that you run a personal vendetta against Chris Lee. You are a hate stricken person with an agenda.

If you would have anything material against him, why don't you sort it out with him? But clearly you don't have the guts to approach him and you prefer to smear instead his name on an anonymus forum. How cowardly.

But this is a political thread, not your personal "smear the enemies of the unbalanced poster named balance"- thread.

My point was that the past National governments wasted (as the recent Labour government) billions of tax payer money. Clearly - neither you nor anybody else was so far able to debunk Chris book ... and this is the reason you don't deal with the problem, but you try to smear the messenger.

Do you have anything worthwhile to say - or can we expect more smears?
    Point towards anything I have written which is a smear on Chris Lee.

All factual :

He had a rating system for finance companies which he conveniently deleted and hastily erased off the face of the earth when the finance companies fell over.

He respected and was full of praise for Alan Hubbard (refer Provincial Finance) and put his clients’ monies into SCF.

He used hindsight to compare the values of SCF’s assets in 2010 vs 2019 to try & make a case that SCF should not be put into receivership/statutory management.

The government at the time made the decision to put SCF into statutory management at the advice of all & sundry given the shocking state of mismanagement at SCF and the systemic risks associated with an uncontrolled collapse. It was the right decision.

Again, BP, pray refer us to where the smear is vs the facts.
    Last edited by Balance; 25-10-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nz-fir...IDZSQKF2D67ZE/

NZ First leader Winston Peters claims former PM Jacinda Ardern never told him of Christchurch terrorist’s email in bizarre post

NZ First leader Winston Peters has claimed Dame Jacinda Ardern never informed him the Christchurch terrorist sent his chilling manifesto to the Prime Minister’s Office in an email just minutes before the March 15 attack - despite it being widely reported by news media at the time and addressed in a press conference the next day.

In an astonishing post on social media, Peters tonight called on Ardern to give evidence at the ongoing coronial inquest into the terror attack to explain what he alleged was her “lack of transparency to the New Zealand public”.

Peters’ claims come after a parliamentary staffer gave evidence at the inquest in Christchurch today and said that six minutes after soon-to-be mass murderer Brenton Tarrant sent an email to the Prime Minister’s Office, a call was made to 111 to report its “concerning” contents.

Peters, the deputy prime minister at the time, claimed this was the first occasion the public had learned the Prime Minister’s Office had received the email.

However, on March 16, 2019, just a day after the attack which killed 51 people, Ardern confirmed in a press conference - reported globally - that her office had received the information in a generic inbox for the prime minister.

“We waited until today to find out, for the first time, that the Prime Minister’s Office received information about the March 15 terrorist attack before the massacre took place,” Peters claimed in his post on X.

“Jacinda Ardern should be called to the hearing and asked to explain this appalling lack of transparency to the New Zealand public - let alone to the Deputy Prime Minister and government coalition partner.

Hope the winebox is firmly anchored to the ground - Winnie

Make sure the prescriptions are up to date to mount box as well ..

Can never be too careful in as far as health & safety is concerned..

Never mind - JA might be preparing her head gear to rip into Palestine very soon to spread pink fluffies
    if there is a gap in the program dazzling the Yanks who can be bothered around the States

Might be a new experience for Hamas learning what a Dame is

What would have been more pertinent was the Police Response, if what has come out is anything to go by

and why her Dameliness hasn't dropped everything already to flit over to comfort the peaceloving folk of Palestine in their hours of greatest need .. in line with what was seen of her previously here ..
    Last edited by nztx; 26-10-2023 at 01:44 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Some publications allow purchase of the individual article without a sub.

I would like spellings like copyrite and drivethru. It is time to finish what Webster started.
    And I would like the spelling of women to become 'wimmin' in the hope that more people would learn how to pronounce it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    And I would like the spelling of women to become 'wimmin' in the hope that more people would learn how to pronounce it.
    The word spelt thus would be pronounced as “wumun” in Aotearoa maybe. Perhaps off-topic, although Labour is still the party of teachers?