sharetrader
Page 141 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 41911311371381391401411421431441451511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    OK - so I mentioned Lenin. Fair enough. However - you said in you post I "defended the slaughterer Lenin".

I didn't. I mentioned his teachings, which btw - have little to do with some of his actions.

You are spreading porkies again.

Donald, go home. You missed your chance to apologize ;
    Hole dug deeper....and a Trump reference!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    BP & Jonu

oh, and if you can try and keep your definitions succinct & rational, rather than waffly & passive agressive towards each other that would be great. :-)
    He's one of those trump fans who can only see every issue in black and white and having rather low iq.. #sad.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-06-2021 at 01:19 AM.

Your thought patterns on human life are really disturbing. Do you ever stop to think about how incredibly boring our lives would be if everyone on the planet was 30 forever? Do you ever stop to think about how you would all need to work forever in order to survive? Do you ever stop to think about what it would be like to never cuddle a baby, hear them laugh or see them smile for the first time? Do you ever stop to think that our elderly people are of huge value and have much to contribute to our society?

As I asked before - how old are you? I’m guessing you’re in your early 30’s, and afraid of ageing/dying. You seem to have formed your own inaccurate world view that human development and ageing are illnesses that can be prevented, and that elderly people would all choose to “be cured” and live forever.

You are living in a delusion my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    It's about removing welfare, and people actually wanting that, because its no longer needed for a biological issue.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Your thought patterns on human life are really disturbing. Do you ever stop to think about how incredibly boring our lives would be if everyone on the planet was 30 forever? Do you ever stop to think about how you would all need to work forever in order to survive? Do you ever stop to think about what it would be like to never cuddle a baby, hear them laugh or see them smile for the first time? Do you ever stop to think that our elderly people are of huge value and have much to contribute to our society?

As I asked before - how old are you? I’m guessing you’re in your early 30’s, and afraid of ageing/dying. You seem to have formed your own inaccurate world view that human development and ageing are illnesses that can be prevented, and that elderly people would all choose to “be cured” and live forever.

You are living in a delusion my friend.
    We live in a world of choice and you are free not to take the medicine.

Trying to deny it from others though, is inhumane and expensive for the taxpayer.

Guru

The only delusion is that technology never advances ..

It will be found within 100 years so it should be done when there is a signficant financial issue which exists.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-06-2021 at 01:31 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    BP & Jonu,

From an observers perspective it appears that you are both throwing around "labels" with a little too much free abandon. Potentially indicating that there is scope to deepen your real understanding on what these labels actually mean. On a positive note, you both seemed to be interested and engaged with the political sphere (well, at least in a theoretical manner). So something to consider; perhaps you are looking at the "same thing" but have have quite a different understanding on what you think you are seeing?

So.....let me ask you. When you use the labels Communism & Fascism, what is the actual definition of those words that you are referring to. i.e What actually is Communism?
    Once you clearly articulate here what these mean to you, then I suspect it's going to reveal to yourselves and everyone else here one of the reasons why you are going hammer & tongs at each other!

oh, and if you can try and keep your definitions succinct & rational, rather than waffly & passive agressive towards each other that would be great. :-)
    Apologies for cross pollinating threads, I didn't see another way to pin BP down. He calls posts sickening, ignorant and stupid, delivers cheap shots and then says he puts you on ignore.

His defense of Marx and Lenin should be challenged by anyone who values their freedom. Marx advocated violent revolution. Lenin carried it out. Communism, by its very nature, requires oppression. There is no such thing as Pure Communism. It will lead to disaster. I challenged BP to demonstrate where it hasn't. He ran and then threw rocks.

I can't be arsed engaging with him any further, but I will defend myself. I reckon he'll eventually get sucked up in the vacuum created by his own echo chamber. Maybe he'll be stuck in there for eternity with Trump! (irony of yet another Trump reference noted!)

You are not getting it. Once everyone on the planet reaches your preferred age of 30, that’s it. There is then a finite number of people on the planet, that will never change. You will all simply be stuck in limbo forever. Sure, you might all be in perfect health, but as I said, you will spend forever rinsing and repeating every day of your miserable lives. You will need to work forever in order to live/survive. There will be no joy, nothing to strive for, no children, no future to look forward to other than more of the same. Day after day.

WTF is the point of living like that? Really … what is​ the point?

PS: clearly you don’t want to reveal your age, which I find interesting.

It will be found within 100 years so it should be done when there is a massive financial issue.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 22-06-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Guru

" Stuck in limbo? "....

There is such a thing as suicide if you don't want to exist anymore. It's an option chosen today by too many people sadly.

Though I'm against euthansaia and have empathy with the elderly.
    Their wellbeing sould be provided for by society until a cure is found.

Which reflects their level of disability and not being able to work for rather long periods.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-06-2021 at 01:27 AM.

At the risk of being sent to Siberia …. you’re a lunatic.

Stuck in limbo?
    There is such a thing as suicide if you don’t want to exist anymore

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    At the risk of being sent to Siberia …. you’re a lunatic.
    See you in Siberia, lunatic is too kind. These are the single most extraordinarily weird statements I've ever come across in an online forum, just amazing anyone would even think like this, mind boggling, doesn't compute. Best on ignore again, it does my head in.