sharetrader
Page 1419 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 4199191319136914091415141614171418141914201421142214231429 ... LastLast
Results 14,181 to 14,190 of 14320
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    How can people who require state housing pay market rent? There is probably a happy balance there to be had between the State & private sector for sure. The problem we have now is that there is such a shortage of rentals and rents have sky rocketed that it can't be left to the private sector.

And I will be the first to admit it was a confluence of some of Labour's other policies around tenancy & tax etc that exasperated the problem. Mind you it was Key's Government that introduced the Brightline test rather than a proper CGT, Labour just extended it. The biggest issue however I think was removing tax deductibility for interest.
    There are lots of NGOs, community service providers and iwi that could do a much better job at managing some of this housing stock than HNZ

It didn't work & the safety net wasn't there, otherwise there wouldn't have been so many people sleeping in their cars. The problem was just ignored and slept under the rug.
    And Labour's answer & solution is to increase the number of people sleeping in cars & tents and those on the state housing waiting list by 350%!

That's after spending billions of dollars and increasing the number of staff at Kainga Ora by 70%.

Shows how bankrupt & devoid of ideas Ardern, Hipkins and the Labour Party are to solve problems - their one answer was and still is to throw as much money as they can borrow at the problem and increase the number of bureaucrats along with more rules and regulations.

Last edited by Balance; 04-03-2024 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And Labour's answer & solution is to increase the number of people sleeping in cars & tents and those on the state housing waiting list by 350%!

That's after spending billions of dollars and increasing the number of staff at Kainga Ora by 70%.

Shows how bankrupt & devoid of ideas Ardern, Hipkins and the Labour Party are to solve problems - their one answer was and still is to throw as much money as they can borrow at the problem and increase the number of bureaucrats along with more rules and regulations.

Really where have you heard of the volume of people sleeping in cars & tents etc as it was when National was in Government?

I think you will find many of those waiting for State Houses are in emergency housing.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There are lots of NGOs, community service providers and iwi that could do a much better job at managing some of this housing stock than HNZ
    Yep possibly, Labour did incorporate some of that. As I said there is a balance to be had for sure. However they don't have the funds to buy or build them, that's where the Government steps in. They are the only ones with the balance sheet to fund it.

Guru

Yep possibly, Labour did incorporate some of that. As I said there is a balance to be had for sure. However they don't have the funds to buy or build them, that's where the Government steps in. They are the only ones with the balance sheet to fund it.
    That is where I disagree. They don't have the funds or balance sheet to provide it. That is your and my money. Not to be wasted. It is not theirs and it is not there for printing. That is just abuse of power.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

It was actually supposed to be 1 billion trees.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That is where I disagree. They don't have the funds or balance sheet to provide it. That is your and my money. Not to be wasted. It is not theirs and it is not there for printing. That is just abuse of power.
    Actually they do.
    Despite the huge increase in Government debt under Labour it is still relatively low compared to its peers on a GDP basis. And when that debt is spent on assets it is offset by their ownership of the houses. I would rather debt was spent on assets rather than just spent.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    It was actually supposed to be 1 billion trees.
    Yep, that's right

Labour thought they were money trees...

Really where have you heard of the volume of people sleeping in cars & tents etc as it was when National was in Government?

I think you will find many of those waiting for State Houses are in emergency housing.
    370% increase in people living in cars snd tents.

July 21st, 2023 :

Associate Social Development Minster Priyanca Radhakrishnan, under questioning in the House on Thursday afternoon, said Ministry of Social Development (MSD) data showed there were 480 applicants for emergency or transitional housing who listed “a car" as their current accommodation, compared to 102 in October 2017.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...N6DKPGKMYA23I/

Why Kiwi couple moved to Australia - and saved enough in a year to travel the world

Thanks Labour for converting Kiwiland into a Third World hole and Crime cesspit in record 6 year timespan

This commentary in the Article makes interesting reading
    Last edited by nztx; 05-03-2024 at 02:10 AM.