sharetrader
Page 142 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 42921321381391401411421431441451461521922426421142 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    There is such a thing as suicide if you don't want to exist anymore.
    You should be banned for this statement.

Guru

Do you refuse hospital treatments?

I don't understand the line of thinking here.

Read my lips (again!) ….
    Ageing is not an illness that needs “curing.”

It is a natural progression of the life cycle of every living creature on this planet.

You do not have empathy for anyone. Your whole “plan for the human race” revolves around money. You don’t believe the elderly contribute anything to society, because they can no longer work. Got news for you buddy - society supported you from the day you were conceived until the day you got your first job. But for some reason you don’t believe the elderly are worthy of support at the end stage of their life. Bet your parents and grandparents will be really happy to hear your views. They must be so proud of you.

You are now on “ignore.”

Though I'm against euthansaia and have empathy with the elderly.
    Their wellbeing sould be provided for by society until a cure is

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    But for some reason you don’t believe the elderly are worthy of support at the end stage of their life. Bet your parents and grandparents will be really happy to hear your views. They must be so proud of you.

You are now on “ignore.”
    Sigh. I said precisely the opposite.

Must be low attention span week or something. :\

Except for the part where you said you supported them until a cure is found.

NOW you are on ignore

Sigh. I said precisely the opposite.

Guru

If they can work again why would they need superannuation though?

I would like a shift to a UBI moreso than lower taxes to cover those who can't.

Guru

Most people would have kiwisaver or other savings schemes freed up to do whatever they like with so there's that , too of course.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-06-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    You should be banned for this statement.
    No he shouldn't. It is simply a statement of fact.

Guru

Anyway, back on topic from here I think.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-06-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Apologies for cross pollinating threads, I didn't see another way to pin BP down. He calls posts sickening, ignorant and stupid, delivers cheap shots and then says he puts you on ignore.

His defense of Marx and Lenin should be challenged by anyone who values their freedom. Marx advocated violent revolution. Lenin carried it out. Communism, by its very nature, requires oppression. There is no such thing as Pure Communism. It will lead to disaster. I challenged BP to demonstrate where it hasn't. He ran and then threw rocks.

I can't be arsed engaging with him any further, but I will defend myself. I reckon he'll eventually get sucked up in the vacuum created by his own echo chamber. Maybe he'll be stuck in there for eternity with Trump! (irony of yet another Trump reference noted!)
    Sure, I have some empathy for you. When a character is being as slippery as an Eel, it is a little frustrating & hard to "pin them down". But, i would respectfully suggest that you BOTH seem to be throwing insults at each other. Jonu, i don't know you from a bar of soap, but i sense you are reasonably learned & considered. There is no need to lower yourself into the same petty name calling gutter as others. Rise above all that, and stick to the key premises & principles that you believe in, rather than lightly (& overtly) veiled character assassination. At the moment the posts from the both of you seems to be a competition between two egos....rather than a competition of ideas.

Anyho....keen to hear your respective definitions of Communism & Fascism. :-)
    ..and in keeping with the title of this thread, interested in your opinion; does the current Labour Govt have shades of either influencing their decisions & outcomes?
    Success is a journey AND a destination!