sharetrader
Page 143 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 14320
    Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Apologies for cross pollinating threads, I didn't see another way to pin BP down. He calls posts sickening, ignorant and stupid, delivers cheap shots and then says he puts you on ignore.

His defense of Marx and Lenin should be challenged by anyone who values their freedom. Marx advocated violent revolution. Lenin carried it out. Communism, by its very nature, requires oppression. There is no such thing as Pure Communism. It will lead to disaster. I challenged BP to demonstrate where it hasn't. He ran and then threw rocks.

I can't be arsed engaging with him any further, but I will defend myself. I reckon he'll eventually get sucked up in the vacuum created by his own echo chamber. Maybe he'll be stuck in there for eternity with Trump! (irony of yet another Trump reference noted!)
    Sure, I have some empathy for you. When a character is being as slippery as an Eel, it is a little frustrating & hard to "pin them down". But, i would respectfully suggest that you BOTH seem to be throwing insults at each other. Jonu, i don't know you from a bar of soap, but i sense you are reasonably learned & considered. There is no need to lower yourself into the same petty name-calling gutter as others. Rise above all that, and stick to the key premises & principles that you believe in, rather than deploying lightly veiled (& overt) character assassination strategies. At the moment the posts from the both of you seems to be a competition between two egos....rather than a competition of ideas!

Anyho....still keen to hear your respective definitions of Communism & Fascism. :-)
    ..and in keeping with the title of this thread, interested in your opinion; does the current Labour Govt have shades of either influencing their decisions, & hence producing certain outcomes?
    Last edited by FTG; 22-06-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Guru

Unfortunately he/she has used similar terms in reference to letting all women control more of their own future.

I don't see why women should have expectations placed on them to bring a child into the world when it often means considerably lower economic opportunities for them.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-06-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Mental health: Minister Andrew Little 'extraordinarily' frustrated with slow spend on $1.9b package from 2019 Budget
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/mental...LF3SHPKM5HBJU/

Perhaps we should praise Andrew Little, as normally a government would spend the entire sum and deliver nothing. This time they've spent virtually nothing and delivered virtually nothing. A excellent improvement to bureaucratic efficiency, but perhaps not the result those impacted by mental health issues were after.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Mental health: Minister Andrew Little 'extraordinarily' frustrated with slow spend on $1.9b package from 2019 Budget

Perhaps we should praise Andrew Little, as normally a government would spend the entire sum and deliver nothing. This time they've spent virtually nothing and delivered virtually nothing. A excellent improvement to bureaucratic efficiency, but perhaps not the result those impacted by mental health issues were after.
    What do we expect? The gov't only knew how to deal with CoVid19 and that got loopholes everywhere even after so many mentions of "improving our procedures".

Guru

Those impacted by mental health would have liked the previous lot to have, at least, kept up with demand rather than effectively reducing funds.

Guru

Those impacted by mental health would have liked the previous lot to have, at least, kept up with demand rather than effectively reducing funds.

Legend

Labour certainly don't have much going for them, apart from Jacinda that is.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...ng-report.html

even Lorde gives her tick of approval.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...sion-chat-show
    Now if Jacinda was really a good leader she would have reshuffled half the MPs into lesser rolls. Leaving the deadbeats in place as she does, albeit with a muzzle, will be her downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    What do the "previous lot" have to do with just 0.2% of the current budget having been spent since Labour allocated it in 2019? I thought there was a mental health crisis?
    Last edited by Zaphod; 23-06-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Guru

Damien O-connor and stuart nash are good.

Everyone else boring on both sides. No one is going to stay up for a debate between andrew bahly and grant etc.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-06-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Guru

What do the "previous lot" have to do with just 0.2% of the current budget having been spent since Labour allocated it in 2019?
    Maybe I haven't been keeping track well enough but I thought one issue was that they'd spent a lot of money and not gotten much for it?
    National was going on about the money spent for just 4 more beds.