sharetrader
Page 16 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026661165161016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    This coming from the biggest “chip holder” and most narrow minder thinker, in this forum.
    That’s your opinion - posters can judge for themselves.

They already have. Often.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That’s your opinion - posters can judge for themselves.

Veteran novice

Enough already! This "debate" 's going nowhere.

Guru

Education, education and education.

Maori need to embrace that simple mantra imo rather than the current focus on sports, grievances and segregation tendencies.

Will not suit Maori politicians however.
    Back in the 1960's, how much education was available and funded in Tikanga Maori or Te Reo Maori? It was integration or next to nothing available?

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    They already have. Often.
    Can’t help being right so what can I do?

I ❤️ It!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Back in the 1960's, how much education was available and funded in Tikanga Maori or Te Reo Maori? It was integration or next to nothing available?
    You are right, not much back then. We now have "Whanau classes" where things are taught in maori language and customs and not in line with the mainstream teaching. My wife sometimes teaches in some of these classes and I really fear for the future of many of the kids that are being put through there. Will they be employable and able to find their way in the World ? It is my big fear they are not. Is it possible we are already seeing the result of this lacklustre PC approach to education over the last couple of decades, in the lack of willingness of many young people to work ?
    I suspect it is a contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Like I wrote, overseas students come to study here and pay mega bucks for the privilege. Nothing wrong with our education - everything wrong with the attitude of those who prefer easy jobs and playing sports only.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Enough already! This "debate" 's going nowhere.

Like all debates of this nature, just like a cat chasing its tail. PS-Im now going for a walk with my dog.

Guru

Like I wrote, overseas students come to study here and pay mega bucks for the privilege. Nothing wrong with our education - everything wrong with the attitude of those who prefer easy jobs and playing sports only.
    I had been addressing your criticism related to Maori in the 1960's and 70's.

However are you implying that the current education system is more geared up to satisfying international students rather than the circumstances and challenges faced by domestic NZ populations?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Like all debates of this nature, just like a cat chasing its tail. PS-Im now going for a walk with my dog.
    Most off-market threads are like that. Perhaps you could offer your thoughts as to whether you think the Labour Party education policy will help more Maori engage more with education and whether that is desirable?