sharetrader
Page 164 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 641141541601611621631641651661671681742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 14320
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    I do not think it is a disgrace to Labour although they should bite the bullet and introduce a heavy tax on property capital gains made on any sale outside of a legitimate family home.

westerly
    All or nothing. CGT needs to be carefully designed, but the one inarguable rule should be 'no exemptions'.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    I do not think it is a disgrace to Labour although they should bite the bullet and introduce a heavy tax on property capital gains made on any sale outside of a legitimate family home.

westerly
    All or nothing. CGT needs to be carefully designed, but the one inarguable rule should be 'no exemptions'.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Again you seem to have trouble looking at international context.
    Migration has impacts on the environment which are not addressed too.

The metric for NZ should be GDP per capita and not overall growth. The latter doesn't result in any improvement.
    Sadly - it appears you are not anymore trying to read and understand the posts you are responding to, which makes any attempt for discussion quite futile.

My argument was that we won't be able to pay back our debts without reopening the borders - for tourists, for international students and to allow our staff to go easily abroad to sell and service the products we are selling. What does this have to do with our future immigration policy?

As well - if you go back to the root of this discussion - I talked about the government breaking the contract they made with legitimate visa holders and their families. They gave essential workers visas which is a commitment to let them in (as long as they stick to the agreement as well). It means they can sell up their houses, give up work abroad and rely on being able to enter NZ within the visa conditions.

But than our government broke this commitment unilaterally by telling them with a grin - we don't care whether you suffer financial hardship or your family is now separated because you trusted NZ to stick to its commitments. We just changed our mind and don't keep our promises. We are liars and we don't care about people. Too bad either if you lived and worked already in NZ, we just don't let you back in because you went at the wrong time to your fathers funeral.

I guess why did these people trust in a NZ visa - they should have known that a Labour government breaks its promises and commitments if it can. Too bad, they didn't realise that Labour and Liar do rhyme, isn't it? Why should anybody again trust a commitment made by a NZ Labour government - they are clearly liars and they did prove it - and hey, their words about kindness are just absolutely meaningless hot air.

The discussion about which people we want to allow in future to enter NZ as a immigrant is a legitimate one and totally different from a discussion about the commitments we as country made previously.

"Pacta sunt servanda" (contracts need to be served) - Honest people do keep their commitments. Labour did show that they are neither honest nor kind. This was my point.

While I suppose we might disagree as well about our future immigration policy - this is a different story ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

This was an important post and therefore Share Trader duplicated it. Removed the duplicate to keep the thread readable.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 05-07-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    This was an important post and therefore Share Trader duplicated it. Removed the duplicate to keep the thread readable.
    They do that with mine too, and for the very same reason.

Legend

Right on bro !

insanity.jpg

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Right on bro !

insanity.jpg
    When the cartoonists begin getting harsh you know the tide has turned.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    There's also a huge difference between illegal migration happening right now in Europe and legal migration in NZ.
    Why should we have the highest population growth rate in the OECD?

These stats will include all categories of worker. and non-worker family members.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.GROW?locations=OE
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 05-07-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Farmers should get an exemption since passing down property is a important thing in regional areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Why should we have the highest population growth rate in the OECD?

These stats will include all categories of worker.. and non-worker family members.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.GROW?locations=OE
    As you might notice if you actually read the posts, I never said anything about migration numbers. I only corrected your illogical statements that "working migrants don't pay enough in taxes" and "migrants take all money abroad".