sharetrader
Page 176 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 761261661721731741751761771781791801862262766761176 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Yeah, aint it weird. The Left want to implement apartheid. Much as in the US, in some areas they are trying to dismantle antidiscrimination laws that were established from the Civil Rights struggles in the 60s. Identity Politics madness. It will get worse. I only hope there isn't a violent pendulum swing to the far right as a result. If there is, much of this idiocy will be used against the Left as they will have already enabled discrimination.
    I think Comrade Adern has realised that she can achieve all her radical aims simply by just incrementally introducing the changes with a significant amount of time between each new step. The sheep may get a start at each new announcement, but they quickly settle down again. After a while the dog has moved them into the pen without them even noticing.
    It's all very cunning. Implement your agenda by stealth, in increments, and one day you can close the gate on a job well done.
    She is absolutely shameless (ruthless) and is pretty much the archetypal wolf in sheeps clothing. Just remember that for the Left, the ends always justify the means.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    The government is apparently not implementing He Puapua, they are just (so far) following the exact same steps laid out in the He PuaPua report.

Compare and contrast the below excerpt from He Puapua with the below announcement from Willie Jackson.

(It is clear that the media are going to portray as a 'racist' anyone who speaks out about the looming incremental implementation of He Puapua ).
    You mean they both proposed to announce and discuss their policies. Really - this must make the policies quite similar?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Yeah, aint it weird. The Left want to implement apartheid. Much as in the US, in some areas they are trying to dismantle antidiscrimination laws that were established from the Civil Rights struggles in the 60s. Identity Politics madness. It will get worse. I only hope there isn't a violent pendulum swing to the far right as a result. If there is, much of this idiocy will be used against the Left as they will have already enabled discrimination.
    Apartheid?

Who is "the Left" who wants to introduce it and where do they say that they want that? You just picked an ugly and highly inappropriate term and use it without really understanding it. Apartheid in South Africa was the brutal suppression of one race by some other race. The suppressed have not been allowed to take jobs reserved to the other side, they have not been allowed to mingle or - shudder - intermarry with the other race and they had no political rights.

So - tell us - who wants to implement this system in NZ and against whom?

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    I think civil wars are the most likely outcome of these crazy policies. I expect it in my lifetime.
    folks, this is quite laughable.

I guess we do live in highly politicised times - similarly like the 1920'ķes and 1930'ķes in Europe. Well, we know now that last time it was not "the Left" who ended up creating the big mess.

Exaggerations, name calling and abusing ugly terms like above do not help - they just increase the polarisation and tensions. the bigger the tensions, the bigger the mess.

You well might have valid concerns (even if there is no evidence for that in the posts above) - would it be possible to outline and discuss your concerns by explaining what you are worried about without starting with baseless exaggerations, stereotyping and name calling?

Would however require that you read the policies you are worried about and are able to explain them instead of just parroting stuff from your favorite social bubble.

Have a try ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

I guess we do live in highly politicised times - similarly like the 1920'ķes and 1930'ķes in Europe. Well, we know now that last time it was not "the Left" who ended up creating the big mess.

Exaggerations, name calling and abusing ugly terms like above do not help - they just increase the polarisation and tensions. the bigger the tensions, the bigger the mess.

You well might have valid concerns (even if there is no evidence for that in the posts above) - would it be possible to outline and discuss your concerns by explaining what you are worried about without starting with baseless exaggerations, stereotyping and name calling?

Would however require that you read the policies you are worried about and are able to explain them instead of just parroting stuff from your favorite social bubble.

Have a try ....
    Name calling is your forte.

Guru

You mean they both proposed to announce and discuss their policies. Really - this must make the policies quite similar?

Apartheid?

Who is "the Left" who wants to introduce it and where do they say that they want that? You just picked an ugly and highly inappropriate term and use it without really understanding it. Apartheid in South Africa was the brutal suppression of one race by some other race. The suppressed have not been allowed to take jobs reserved to the other side, they have not been allowed to mingle or - shudder - intermarry with the other race and they had no political rights.

Have a try ....
    BP, don't assume what I don't know. Your post illustrates that you don't see the slippery slope Ardern and those who advocate Identity Politics take us. Laws that discriminate according to race are a terrible idea. Once you do that extremists from either side can take it where they like. Apartheid was to keep separate, and do so by discriminating by race. Look where that led.

NZ has walked a fine line on this for many years. I, personally would argue there is no further need for the Maori Roll and seats in the House. When they were implemented there was a case for it, as many Maori would have relied on their Chiefs and kaumatua to vote for them. That is no longer the case.

Ardern is an intellectual light weight who has no clue how dangerous she is. Andrew Little likewise. Ardern is even more dangerous as she is disingenuous and cynical in the extreme. NZ has had a masterclass in propaganda from her, that's her strength. That's it. A walking, talking mouthpiece.

IMO

Jonu is an intellectual light weight who has no clue how dangerous he is. . Jonu is dangerous as he is disingenuous and ​CYNICAL(HELL YEAH in the extreme. NZ has had a masterclass in propaganda from the far right That's his weakness his fear of change from HIStory to OUR inclusive story. That's it. A walking, talking dinosaur mouthpiece incapable of change because he doesnt want to share..

This gov't was elected on CoVid19 and it will defeated too by its response. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/rescue-flights-miq-spots-for-nsw-returnees-bloody-unfair/ar-AAM4bAK?ocid=msedgntp

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Jonu is an intellectual light weight who has no clue how dangerous he is. . Jonu is dangerous as he is disingenuous and ​CYNICAL(HELL YEAH in the extreme. NZ has had a masterclass in propaganda from the far right That's his weakness his fear of change from HIStory to OUR inclusive story. That's it. A walking, talking dinosaur mouthpiece incapable of change because he doesnt want to share..
    You know nothing of me JT. My children are part-Maori and are fluent in te reo. As for my philanthropic contributions to society...I'll keep that to myself other than to say I share plenty.

Now how about constructing a valid defense of your Great Leader? The One who dominated our airwaves on a daily basis and threw Bloomfield and doctors under the bus to save her own hide. Some of us aren't so easily led. We think for ourselves.

IMO

If we don't adapt and change we don't grow and unfold,we don't evolve.If we don't engage and include we become unbalanced cynical fearful ole irrelevant patriarch dinosaurs.Things are changing so fast,too fastforme to keep up ,especially all the tech!.But I'm prepared to try.

Guru

Apartheid?

Have a try ....

I mean the government is following the blueprint laid out in He Puapua.

As first reported by Newsroom, the consultation will begin with iwi and Māori organisations over the next six months, before opening up to the wider public and letting them have their say.

Jackson, speaking at Ngā Whare Waatea Marae in Mangere, was keen to address accusations of separatism made by those who question the plan’s Māori-focused approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    If we don't adapt and change we don't grow and unfold,we don't evolve.If we don't engage and include we become unbalanced cynical fearful ole irrelevant patriarch dinosaurs.Things are changing so fast,too fastforme to keep up ,especially all the tech!.But I'm prepared to try.
    Which is the exact opposite of what this government is doing - going backwards and into history (specifically rewriting Maori history) to steer a path into the 'new' future.

Tree god - what next for the RBNZ under governor Orr?