sharetrader
Page 202 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1021521921981992002012022032042052062122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    What absolute rubbish. You dream up a lot of the proverbial.
    Facts are facts.

Which side of the tour were you supporting?

I am proud to say I marched with the protestors.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    That is old news - signalled a month or 3 back. Where have you been?
    Yip - started under Kirk but then stopped.
    Muldoon did the usual National thing of campaigning on being hard on this, that or the other and when they won at the end of '74.
    The following year Nat went harder on the 'dawn raids'. It targeted illegal overstayers of certain ethnicities (not all overstayers) as brown skins were easier to differentiate than the rest.
    A shameful time for NZ really.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...asifika-people
    They were overstayers, they broke the law, they were aware of the consequences. Are you saying we should have chased them around Ponsonby with wet bus tickets.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Facts are facts.

I was young at the time but the class teacher at school said the protestors were communists and professional demonstrators so tough police force was needed to protect the rugby players. That was in response to another pupil asking why the police punched a group of clowns.

You don't mess with the national religion without being kicked by police. I doubt there will be an apology.

Meurant hid clown-bashing cop

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/meurant-hid-clown-bashing-cop/OPSOPEALGUUDP5GA7IFKTNXYGU/

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    They were overstayers, they broke the law, they were aware of the consequences. Are you saying we should have chased them around Ponsonby with wet bus tickets.
    Not wet bus tickets but amnesty - this government would treat them with kindness. Not their fault they overstayed - it’s the fault of the racist laws of the country.

Guru

Facts are facts.

Nothing to do with whether I was for or against the tour. I commented on the part of your post that was included in my post. Read before you post. Comprehension 101.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Nothing to do with whether I was for or against the tour. I commented on the part of your post that was included in my post. Read before you post. Comprehension 101.
    Everything to do with whether you were for or against the tour.

Respect for the police went out the window in a big way because of their thuggery & perceived support of the repugnant pro-Apartheid springboks.

So were you for or against the tour?

Not wet bus tickets but amnesty - this government would treat them with kindness. Not their fault they overstayed - it’s the fault of the racist laws of the country.
    Exactly, wokeism is a FREE bus ticket to commit any activity you want to with no consequences.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    They were and should have been dealt with under the law.
    Of course, they were only about 60% of the overstayers - the other 40% weren't brown so harder to target and weren't door knocked.
    Remember, when the police knocked on the doors they didn't know for sure that an overstayer was there, they suspected that their cousins etc were harbouring them.
    It was racial profiling at its' worst.

The "other" over stayers weren't causing trouble in Auckland like these ones were could have something to do with it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BDL View Post
    The "other" over stayers weren't causing trouble in Auckland like these ones were could have something to do with it.
    And they weren't colour coded for convenience.