sharetrader
Page 206 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1061561962022032042052062072082092102162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I doubt we have become 'more gay' as the years have gone on - in the past, it was very hidden.
    Around 3.5% of the population identify as LGBQ so, probably, 3.5% of people won't be turning in their graves.
    Real men and women are people who can accept others for what they are, not how they fit their own view.

I remember a comment when the Homosexual Law Reform Bill was going through - they aren't making it compulsory!
    Dobby, we are talking about a man, built like a man, who thinks it is acceptable and fair to compete in sport against a woman. Pathetic in my view.

Guru

I doubt we have become 'more gay' as the years have gone on - in the past, it was very hidden.
    Around 3.5% of the population identify as LGBQ so, probably, 3.5% of people won't be turning in their graves.
    Real men and women are people who can accept others for what they are, not how they fit their own view.

I remember a comment when the Homosexual Law Reform Bill was going through - they aren't making it compulsory!
    Remember the mantra being continuously spouted that 10% were gay? It was a complete fiction.

Remember the mantra "Born this way"? Turns out to be wrong too. The sequencing of the Human Genome shows no evidence for it. There is a statistics based school of thought that absent fathers and dominating mothers maybe a factor, but that can't be spoken of. It must be silenced. Doesn't fit the narrative.

I do wonder how many are involved, how many haven't been allowed to be involved, and how many don't want to be involved.
    I was left with the impression from some commentators that Pharmacies etc haven't been allowed to be involved but I found 2 local pharmacies can be booked so, obviously, they are involved.
    My doctor has been asking MOH when his practice of four GPs can start vaccinating their patients & client base - have not heard back as of last week.

Meanwhile, another clinic in Pakuranga (Eastern suburb) where my friend works as a nurse will start providing the jabs from next week.

Go figure.

Do your homework before making statements like this. Your ignorance is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Dobby, we are talking about a man, built like a man, who thinks it is acceptable and fair to compete in sport against a woman. Pathetic in my view.

Guru

It already is the case now.
    It has been coming for a long time, longer than just the current Labour Govt.
    It is happening around the world - think of Gender-neutral pronoun use. This started in Sweden in 2012, we are followers in this, not leaders.
    I still struggle with 'they' as a singular pronoun.
    I think I have always in some circumstances used the plural instead of the singular third person - at least in informal English. I may refer to someone without referring to their gender. For example: My co-worker was funny; they told a wonderful joke. I am comfortable using "they" for an individual but I already tend to use the plural for a collective noun. An interesting item from American Psychologists: https://apastyle.apa.org/blog/singular-they

Other languages often use alternative singular or plural second person pronouns when referring to individuals depending on whether formality or familiarity was required.

English used the singular "thou" until settling on the plural "you" for all singular use as well. The Queen in English has (in)famously used the first person plural pronoun "we" when referring to herself but she does have two birthdays!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-08-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Do your homework before making statements like this. Your ignorance is showing.
    What is incorrect with my statement.

Guru

Laurel Hubbard is a woman. She transitioned about 8 years ago. She was born male but when she was an adult she undertook gender reassignment.

The dispute basically relates to whether "
    people who have undergone male puberty retain significant advantages in power and strength even after taking medication to suppress their testosterone levels." and consequently whether it is fair for other female competitors.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tokyo-olympics
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-08-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

Laurel Hubbard is a woman. She transitioned about 8 years ago. She was born male but when she was an adult she undertook gender reassignment.

The dispute basically relates to whether "
    people who have undergone male puberty retain significant advantages in power and strength even after taking medication to suppress their testosterone levels." and consequently whether it is fair for other female competitors.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tokyo-olympics
    Laurel Hubbard can use whatever name suits. Laurel Hubbard is a biological male who takes drugs to suppress male hormones and has had surgery that would have been considered unethical previously, and no doubt after a raft of lawsuits will once again be deemed medically unethical.

Everything.

You are an ignorant, arrogant individual. You have no clue what being transgender means. I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Laurel Hubbard can use whatever name suits. Laurel Hubbard is a biological male who takes drugs to suppress male hormones and has had surgery that would have been considered unethical previously, and no doubt after a raft of lawsuits will once again be deemed medically unethical.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 02-08-2021 at 08:46 PM.