sharetrader
Page 208 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1081581982042052062072082092102112122182583087081208 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 14320

It is not "different views" I object to. It is views based on ignorance or misinformation that I am intolerant of. Funny how it is acceptable for others to make judgmental, nasty comments about transgender people, but it is "not cool" when I call them out for it. Double standards as usual. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Justakiwi. I’ve liked your style and determination a lot on these forums, as you know. But you sometimes come across as very intolerable of views different to your own , like you do in this discussion, often lowering yourself to little other than nasty name calling or personal attacks. Not cool

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Double standards as usual. But you are entitled to your opinion.
    Wow. Like I said. Not really cool Justakiwi and more than a little surprising. Over & out

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JGYMUL44WQGUI/

Only way to fix the housing crisis. The only way.

I don't believe my reply to your post was in any way rude or disrespectful. I accepted that you are entitled to your opinion, but pointed out the double standards at play. Why is it OK for others to post disrespectful, personal, judgmental comments about trans people (and the parents of trans kids), but my replies to them are deemed "not Ok?" My comment about " double standards as usual" was a general statement about many of the discussions here. I was not implying that you personally have double standards. If that is how you saw it, my apologies. It was not my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wow. Like I said. Not really cool Justakiwi and more than a little surprising. Over & out

Guru

Which is one of the reasons young transgender people should be able to begin hormone treatment (if they wish) before the onset of puberty. But of course, so many "well-meaning" adults and politicians, seem hell bent on removing that option. If transgender people were supported and assisted to begin hormone treatment before the onset of puberty, the issues around sports, would become a moot point....
    Wouldn't there be a big ethical minefield involved with undertaking medical intervention on the healthy body of a minor especially when considering that a child's sense of rationality and self also develops during puberty?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 03-08-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...JGYMUL44WQGUI/

Only way to fix the housing crisis. The only way.
    Good housing becoming a human right? That won't happen in NZ even under a Labour Government with the array of vested interests to assail.

It is not "different views" I object to. It is views based on ignorance or misinformation that I am intolerant of. Funny how it is acceptable for others to make judgmental, nasty comments about transgender people, but it is "not cool" when I call them out for it. Double standards as usual. But you are entitled to your opinion.
    No you're straight up saying your view is the only possible, everyone else is ignorant and misinformed.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Good housing becoming a human right? That won't happen in NZ even under a Labour Government with the array of vested interests to assail.
    Surely you mean 'especially under a Labour govt', who have demonstrated spectacularly an inability to acheive any of their goals or policies.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Dobby, we are talking about a man, built like a man, who thinks it is acceptable and fair to compete in sport against a woman. Pathetic in my view.
    Were we?
    Not what I was replying to.
    On that subject then, I struggle to accept that it is right also.
    During the years that testosterone made the biggest changes to the person's body they were a man, so, as you say, are still built like a man even if they now have low testosterone.
    I think it gives them an unfair physical advantage from years before even if they think like a woman.
    In the end they bombed out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    My doctor has been asking MOH when his practice of four GPs can start vaccinating their patients & client base - have not heard back as of last week.

Meanwhile, another clinic in Pakuranga (Eastern suburb) where my friend works as a nurse will start providing the jabs from next week.

Go figure.
    In deed - go figure.
    Facts missing maybe? Or maybe not.
    It can be done as you say.
    Locally we have 3 pharmacies now doing it (another started this week) and 1 medical centre.
    Our own medical centre doesn't want to at the moment as they are already busy with the flu jab and other stuff.