sharetrader
Page 209 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1091591992052062072082092102112122132192593097091209 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    It's not rocket science. Transgender is an umbrella term for persons whose gender identity, gender expression or behavior does not conform to that typically associated with the sex to which they were assigned at birth. Gender identity refers to a person’s internal sense of being male, female or something else.

Your genitals alone, do not make you male or female. This is the bit people like you choose not to understand. You won't even try. Some of us, however, are able to look at the situation from a different perspective. We are able to imagine what it would be like to wake up every morning, look in the mirror, and see a physical body that does not match who we are inside our very being. Some of us have the ability to understand how traumatic that must be.

It seems to me that the ones who are the most vocal about other people's gender identity, sexual orientation or whatever else, are projecting their own insecurities. Are you that insecure in your own gender identity or sexuality, that you are incapable of comprehending someone else's?
    It most definitely is not rocket science. Science is the last thing trans proponents want to talk about. I see you didn't answer as to whether Laurel Hubbard is a biological male or not. Has something of an impact on athletic performance, the OLD male/female thingies.

Encouraging people in their delusion when they have a tough psychological problem to work through is extremely damaging. The trans proponents stance of advocating puberty blockers is an extreme form of child abuse.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Surely you mean 'especially under a Labour govt', who have demonstrated spectacularly an inability to acheive any of their goals or policies.
    No I think National would have an equal if not more forceful array of vested interests to accommodate. ACT's Seymour has pointed out that
    that rights come with duties and I would also add costs. Labour, National and ACT no doubt recognise that given the importance of housing in NZ's household wealth, deciding where and on whom to shift the obligations and costs would probably make them unelectable

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    In deed - go figure.
    Facts missing maybe? Or maybe not.
    It can be done as you say.
    Locally we have 3 pharmacies now doing it (another started this week) and 1 medical centre.
    Our own medical centre doesn't want to at the moment as they are already busy with the flu jab and other stuff.
    I will place my faith in my doctor telling me the truth than MOH anytime.

First in the queue to last in the queue - that's Chris Hipkins, MOH & Cindy. All spin & no delivery.

As someone who once worked in a job that was focused on the welfare of children, I can assure you that child abuse is the very LAST thing this is. By the way, I did answer your question, so read it again. I am bowing out of this debate now, but you be sure to have a lovely day.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    It most definitely is not rocket science. Science is the last thing trans proponents want to talk about. I see you didn't answer as to whether Laurel Hubbard is a biological male or not. Has something of an impact on athletic performance, the OLD male/female thingies.

Encouraging people in their delusion when they have a tough psychological problem to work through is extremely damaging. The trans proponents stance of advocating puberty blockers is an extreme form of child abuse.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    As someone who once worked in a job that was focused on the welfare of children, I can assure you that child abuse is the very LAST thing this is. By the way, I did answer your question, so read it again. I am bowing out of this debate now, but you be sure to have a lovely day.
    Well I went and read it again justakiwi, and no, you did not answer whether Laurel Hubbard is a biological male or not. You did use the psychobabble language of the pro-trans stance based on an "internal sense".

Here's a hint. The chromosomes are a good place to start. XX equals biological female. Laurel Hubbard's XY equals biological male. These little suckers are the reason Hubbard will be taking drugs to alter/suppress hormone levels.

Pointing out facts like this is likely to fall foul of Ardern's hate speech laws. Wake up NZ. The Emperor has no clothes.

Guru

Well I went and read it again justakiwi, and no, you did not answer whether Laurel Hubbard is a biological male or not. You did use the psychobabble language of the pro-trans stance based on an "internal sense".

Here's a hint. The chromosomes are a good place to start. XX equals biological female. Laurel Hubbard's XY equals biological male. These little suckers are the reason Hubbard will be taking drugs to alter/suppress hormone levels.

Pointing out facts like this is likely to fall foul of Ardern's hate speech laws. Wake up NZ. The Emperor has no clothes.
    As you say chromosomes are a good place to start. Biological sexuality however is more than just chromosomes.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...y-transphobia/

Guru

It depends on what you are looking for.
    If you are discussing this in the sporting context then biology may be important (muscle built, levers etc).
    If you are talking about how a person identifies then why does biology matter?
    I expect it matters to you because you are a fundamentalist - men are men if they are born with testes, and never it shall change.
    If you think like that then you are a century or 2 behind the times.

Gay people have been around forever!
    It seems that we are now making it more nuanced with the LGBTQ+ stuff.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    As you say chromosomes are a good place to start. Biological sexuality however is more than just chromosomes.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...y-transphobia/
    So says the trans writer of the article. There has been a concerted campaign of "studies" conducted by the trans intelligentsia. They are quick to quote them as peer reviewed, when in reality they review in amongst themselves and the studies seldom stack up to scrutiny, particularly with regards sample size and participation.

I'm happy to restate....XX equals female. XY equals male

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It depends on what you are looking for.
    If you are discussing this in the sporting context then biology may be important (muscle built, levers etc).
    If you are talking about how a person identifies then why does biology matter?
    I expect it matters to you because you are a fundamentalist - men are men if they are born with testes, and never it shall change.
    If you think like that then you are a century or 2 behind the times.

Gay people have been around forever!
    Of course they have. But is an increasing percentage of the population now homosexual? Is it another of nature's ways of slowing population growth, along with the decreasing fertility rates throughout much of the world?

Guru

I'm happy to restate....XX equals female. XY equals male
    Biologically so.
    Though how about someone with Turner syndrome - 1X, no Y?
    Emotionally?
    Does that not count?