sharetrader
Page 21 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes imagine if everyone just gave up on their marriage when tough times arrive and its not as enjoyable as it was or should be, actually that happens a lot in this new PC bull**** society.
    Women trapped in loveless unions and not able to have a career with equal pay. The good old days!

Serfs dependant on the good will of the land owning gentry in the absence of a welfare society. Few minimum employment conditions. The good old days!

I am thankful for the work that has been done through the years by each generation of PC activists!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Women trapped in loveless unions and not able to have a career with equal pay.
    I think you are twisting things here again. Couta did not mention one side of the coin. In fact when I read his post I thought he was referring to males leaving a marriage because its the easy thing to do. I could be wrong, maybe he meant either party.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I think you are twisting things here again. Couta did not mention one side of the coin. In fact when I read his post I thought he was referring to males leaving a marriage because its the easy thing to do. I could be wrong, maybe he meant either party.
    Ah but it was so often the woman who was trapped in the marriage, as before we had this “PC bull**** society” they were expected to keep house as the husband had the career. And of course until the DP Benefit there was no state support should they have left.

The PC thing to do would be stay in the marriage, so I think your argument is more than a little contradictory.

I also, respectfully suggest, that unless you have experienced separation and divorce yourself, you would be wise not to judge those of us who have

Yes imagine if everyone just gave up on their marriage when tough times arrive and its not as enjoyable as it was or should be, actually that happens a lot in this new PC bull**** society.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    The PC thing to do would be stay in the marriage, so I think your argument is more than a little contradictory.

I also, respectfully suggest, that unless you have experienced separation and divorce yourself, you would be wise not to judge those of us who have
    Yes I have been the victim of a cheating partner and subsequent divorce but have been in a long term committed 2nd marriage for near 20yrs now which we have both worked hard at and are enjoying the fruits of our committment. PS-My post wasn't judging anyone, just an observation of a negative side of our society where people are often so quick to chuck the towel in.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-11-2020 at 09:27 PM.

My condolences on the cheating partner experience and congratulations on your subsequent successful marriage. I mean that. But please don't judge others who are separated or divorced. Divorce is a hugely traumatic experience and not something most of us chose lightly. There are many reasons marriages end and - it is not always about cheating or abuse or anything of that nature either. Being miserable together is no way to live.

Just saying.

Yes I have been the victim of a cheating partner and subsequent divorce but have been in a long term committed 2nd marriage for near 20yrs now which we have both worked hard at and are enjoying the fruits of our commitment.

Guru

Yes I have been the victim of a cheating partner and subsequent divorce but have been in a long term committed 2nd marriage for near 20yrs now which we have both worked hard at and are enjoying the fruits of our committment. PS-My post wasn't judging anyone, just an observation of a negative side of our society where people are often so quick to chuck the towel in.
    Not a nice situation. I have seen families ripped apart in similar circumstances.

Thankfully a social welfare net is available to help separated families to get back on their feet.

For some people subsequent relationships also fail. Also their children are more likely to have relationships that split up.

Advanced Member

Reasons and excuses are easy these days with kind and generous welfare. 6.5% of estimated working age population on Jobseeker, and that does not include the un- or under-employed with partner or other income.

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Reasons and excuses are easy these days with kind and generous welfare. 6.5% of estimated working age population on Jobseeker, and that does not include the un- or under-employed with partner or other income.

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.
    ...and women of course.

Reasons and excuses are common in all sectors of society. The human experience has been and is dynamic. Good and charitable times allow more people to achieve their potential. A greater pool of talent made available from which a great leader may emerge.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-11-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Just another BS judgmental generalisation.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post