sharetrader
Page 212 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 1121622022082092102112122132142152162222623127121212 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 14308

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Another dog whistle from Judith and you just lap it up.
    Judith is the one who is trying to divide the country with her continual race-baiting.

Because she didn't condemn the word then she must be agreeing with them, even though she said she didn't?
    That isn't the way the real world works.
    What a joke of an argument.
    Poto ‘I represent South Auckland Maoris & Pacific Islanders’ Williams had an opportunity to condemn the racist assertions by Rakete but chose not to.

We can all see the pattern of racist preference she is exhibiting so yup, this is how the real world views her actions. She is not only incompetent but blatantly racist.

You need to wake up from the Spin Mistress’ spell, dobby41 - for you & your family’s sake.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-08-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Poto ‘I represent South Auckland Maoris & Pacific Islanders’ Williams had an opportunity to condemn the racist assertions by Rakete but chose not to.

We can all see the pattern of racist preference she is exhibiting so yup, this is how the real world views her actions. She is not only incompetent but blatantly racist.

You need to wake up from the Spin Mistress’ spell, dobby41 - for you & your family’s sake.
    I was honoured enough to see this Minister and her family on several occasions in Raro in the last couple of weeks and share some space with them on one occasion, but not words. I'm very pleased to report that her and her family didn't look quite as distressed as she claims her family is, after Judith's "put the genie back in the bottle” comments. I thought this was great news as apparently the mental health system can ill afford more families joining the waiting list.

Interestingly several locals told us they were so happy with our PM as she had paid the wage subsidy in CI while no flights were able to go in and had guaranteed them that noone would enter a plane to Raro without at least one negative COVID test prior to boarding.
    I did not know that NZ was paying the wage subsidy up there but that is a great thing for Cindy & Grant to do. Money well spent.
    But I do know that she simply has mislead them about the pre departure tests for travelers to the Cook Islands as no such thing happens.
    Last edited by iceman; 05-08-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interestingly several locals told us they were so happy with our PM as she had paid the wage subsidy in CI while no flights were able to go in and had guaranteed them that noone would enter a plane to Raro without at least one negative COVID test prior to boarding.
    I did not know that NZ was paying the wage subsidy up there but that is a great thing for Cindy & Grant to do. Money well spent.
    But I do know that she simply has mislead them about the pre departure tests for travelers to the Cook Islands as no such thing happens.
    I would be careful who you believe - just because someone got the wrong end of the stick doesn't make it true.
    You must know people get their understanding wrong all the time.

I was on a jury once and in delibrations we got to a point where there were 3 differing views on a piece of evidence. It was given to us again and immediately after there were only 2 views on what was just said.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I would be careful who you believe - just because someone got the wrong end of the stick doesn't make it true.
    You must know people get their understanding wrong all the time.

I was on a jury once and in delibrations we got to a point where there were 3 differing views on a piece of evidence. It was given to us again and immediately after there were only 2 views on what was just said.
    I agree dobby41. That is quite possible but I was surprised to hear the same thing from 5 or 6 different sources. Obviously many believe this to be true.

Guru

I agree dobby41. That is quite possible but I was surprised to hear the same thing from 5 or 6 different sources. Obviously many believe this to be true.
    Many believe that 5G makes you glow and that vaccination is wrong.
    I have heard that from many sources.

Legend

Even their Prime Minister believes it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/barry-...MSAMVAXQUWUUU/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Even their Prime Minister believes it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/barry-...MSAMVAXQUWUUU/
    The belief question was about people having at least 1 covid test before entering the Cooks - not the wage subsidy (which I had worked out some time ago).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    This is the sort of misfits masquerading as ministers in Cindy's team of incompetents. And clearly, racist to the core against pakeha.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...s-sacking.html

Williams was asked if she agreed with a statement issued by the group People Against Prisons Aotearoa after Police Commissioner Andrew Coster confirmed ARTs would not go ahead.

"We are committed to disarming, defunding, and abolishing the bloodstained, racist institution of policing and replacing it with community justice," spokesperson Emilie Rākete said at the time.

Williams said she was "not giving them the time of day", referring to People Against Prisons Aotearoa's statement, but she did not condemn Rākete's words either.

No wonder the silent majority has had enough and it will be interesting to see how far Cindy will continue to stand alongside such racist ministers as she has in her cabinet.

With such startling revelations, thought ild better look deeper into this story.
    What did I find, a Police Minister who could not have been more dismissive of this group, said she 'wouldn't give this organisation the time of day'. End of story.
    But no surely there must be something more!

Actually yes, a reporter & media organisation desperate to make something out of nothing, provoke a reaction, tangle a minister up in a word soup (she wouldn't have a bar of it) , get a shock headline in the uber competitive world of info news.

If you look at the stories Newshub run, its descended into a total tabloid shock infotainment news outlet, purely ratings driven desperate to shore up massively falling advertising revenue.
    Owned by US companies Oaktree Capital Management & OOH, fine if you like that sort of tabloid shock horror news but it's not exactly the most reliable source of good journalism based on sound research and critical thinking. If they could find a buyer at a decent price they would probably be very happy to off load it.

This was such a non story, & the risk is the more people cry wolf, the more people turn off & are likely in future to miss something which is important.

There's some irony (& humour) in Judith 'doing a good job' Collins faux outrage around her comment about William's being bottled were misinterpreted, but at same time she exploits every opportunity to misrepresent things others say.

The most important issues facing NZ at the moment in my view are getting NZ vaccinated & the housing crisis, the latter which National seem unable to offer any constructive solutions as too afraid of losing any more votes which they can ill afford.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    .... The most important issues facing NZ at the moment in my view are getting NZ vaccinated & the housing crisis, the latter which National seem unable to offer any constructive solutions as too afraid of losing any more votes which they can ill afford.
    Actually National have said that they would reverse most of Labour's recent housing policies. Looking at the numbers under Labour's watch, reversing seems a very constructive solution. Also Nicola Willis has proposed a 'Christchurch earthquake' solution, while learning from what was done right and wrong.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Actually National have said that they would reverse most of Labour's recent housing policies. Looking at the numbers under Labour's watch, reversing seems a very constructive solution. Also Nicola Willis has proposed a 'Christchurch earthquake' solution, while learning from what was done right and wrong.

I thought about that (National's policy of reversing Labour's policies) & chose the word 'constructively' on purpose.

1) we had a crisis back when National were the govt, so reversing to the status quo doesn't seem very helpful.

and 2) we also had a shocking crisis with preventable 3rd world level diseases killing more children than car crashes & drownings & hospitalising 30,000 children a year from living in damp cold housing. Reversing the Healthy Homes Standard doesn't seem right to me.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/damp-o...3KR4FQHR5HVNY/

Changes always produce side effects but I think we have to think & construct policies long term instead of short term election cycles all the time.

Having said that, Im really shocked & dismayed with the way things have been mismanaged to allow home ownership levels to drop and affordability to run wild even in the context of the Covid induced RB monetary policy.

I can see the cost of Social Welfare which has doubled in last 15 years, now more than a quarter of govt spending & is almost more than spent on Health or Education combined, ballooning due to all the social ills which come with a housing crisis.