sharetrader
Page 214 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1141642042102112122132142152162172182242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    There's a job for you this afternoon then. Design a strap, much like a watch, that can be worn on the wrist with a qr code - which could access all sorts of things like driver's license, my health or just NHI number, passport no.etc. Save carrying seven zillion silly plastic cards. Of course you can load all that on your phone, as I have; but one on the wrist would be better if you happen to be spread all over the tarseal under someone's Tesla you didn't hear coming. Alternatively get your qr code tattoed on your arm. That suggestion always gets the privacy paranoid mob excited - so that's the one I would go for.
    Easy to counterfeit so what would be the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think we need something for local use as well. I had my first jab yesterday. It does not have my full name - just first name and surname. it does not have either my DoB or NHI number. It does have the vaccine batch number and where and when administered & next appointment time. I assumed it was an appointment reminder card and that I would be getting something more detailed and computer generated after the second shot - Presumably not though.
    What would this computer generated thing look like - that couldn't be easily counterfeited?
    Maybe it should be more like the driver license?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think we need something for local use as well. I had my first jab yesterday. It does not have my full name - just first name and surname. it does not have either my DoB or NHI number. It does have the vaccine batch number and where and when administered & next appointment time. I assumed it was an appointment reminder card and that I would be getting something more detailed and computer generated after the second shot - Presumably not though.
    Same here. My card is just as you describe. No more than an appt. reminder, and doesn't prove a thing. Perhaps the batch no. links to further details - but only God and the other powers that be can access that. I'm suprised they don't add the info to 'manage my health'. Easily done by vaccinators notifying your G.P. practise.

Guru

There's a job for you this afternoon then. Design a strap, much like a watch, that can be worn on the wrist with a qr code - which could access all sorts of things like driver's license, my health or just NHI number, passport no.etc. Save carrying seven zillion silly plastic cards. Of course you can load all that on your phone, as I have; but one on the wrist would be better if you happen to be spread all over the tarseal under someone's Tesla you didn't hear coming. Alternatively get your qr code tattoed on your arm. That suggestion always gets the privacy paranoid mob excited - so that's the one I would go for.

An app would be good too. However there are folk whose gadgets freeze up or run out of battery, or who can't afford or do not have, or are not proficient with, the latest tech...However I do remember the days when my mater made me write down details to put in my pocket when I went out on my bike or for a run.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post

What would this computer generated thing look like - that couldn't be easily counterfeited?
    Maybe it should be more like the driver license?
    True, it still would be insecure. I was thinking more from the information it would include for double-checking if necessary. The card I received looks like an appointment reminder.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Why would anyone not put thir own details in? No point in being spread all over the road, cursing for listing the wrong info.There was a bit of a half-hearted campaign a while ago to enter ICE in your contacts. (In case of emergency) A good idea if you find someone in distress to grab their phone. Unfortunately it wasn't well publicised and I don't know anyone, other than myself, who has ICE on their phone.

Advanced Member

Why would anyone not put thir own details in? No point in being spread all over the road, cursing for listing the wrong info.There was a bit of a half-hearted campaign a while ago to enter ICE in your contacts. (In case of emergency) A good idea if you find someone in distress to grab their phone. Unfortunately it wasn't well publicised and I don't know anyone, other than myself, who has ICE on their phone.

We all have ICE on our phones including blood type & NHI number & encourage anyone you care about to add it, & the more publicity it gets the better.
    Remember people, you don't have to unlock someones phone to access ICE details, on an iPhone just press 'emergency' on the bottom left corner of the home screen & it opens it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    We all have ICE on our phones including blood type & NHI number & encourage anyone you care about to add it, & the more publicity it gets the better.
    Remember people, you don't have to unlock someones phone to access ICE details, on an iPhone just press 'emergency' on the bottom left corner of the home screen & it opens it.
    Only if they try to swipe up to get to the number entry on my iphone. ICE can also be accessed by pressing the two buttons on either side at the top to access Power off, Medical I/d and emergency SOS. I have added allergies, any medications plus blood type and NHI to our medical I/ds.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 06-08-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Guru

I have ICE on my phone, and my wifes.
    My 'appointment' card has my NHI number (there isn't a space but the vaccinator added it) as does my Covid app.

I'm not sure how any of that relates to my thought that whatever vaccination 'proof' comes out it would need to be harder to counterfeit than a bit of paper or a wrist band.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...ehab-programme

Calling the BS on Poto Williams & Cindy for the $2.75m funding to the Mongrel Mob.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...ehab-programme

Calling the BS on Poto Williams & Cindy for the $2.75m funding to the Mongrel Mob.

Yes I did note it looks like the program serves just 10 participants which means its costing $275,000 to rehabilitate each person while doing work on a community garden at the home of the mob president. Never have guessed he's a keen gardener in his spare time.
    Suppose if they grow enough vegetables it might get a good return on investment.