sharetrader
Page 235 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1351852252312322332342352362372382392452853357351235 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Sad it is so often the better ones who leave early ...

While I not always agreed with his political views - I experienced him as an honest and decent man, and good on him to set up Kiwi saver. Overall - he clearly was one of the better brains in the Labour party. They would need more of his sort, not less.

Condolences to his family - I hope they get all the support they need.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

I second what BlackPeter said above. Condolences to his family and friends.

Guru

Listen to Cindy and BE KIND ffs!!

#EternalLockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Listen to Cindy and BE KIND ffs!!

#EternalLockdowns
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...ly-behind.html

She can’t stop spinning.

Glad I am not one of those who swallow her BS.

‘A vulnerable person who was told and expected to be vaccinated in April is now told to expect his vaccination in October.’ Good news according to the Spin Mistress Cindy as the vaccination program is on track!!!
    Last edited by Balance; 21-08-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    ‘A vulnerable person who was told and expected to be vaccinated in April is now told to expect his vaccination in October.’ Good news according to the Spin Mistress Cindy as the vaccination program is on track!!!
    Took me 48hrs from deciding to book, booking and having the jab.
    What's wrong with these people?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It depends where you live. I hear it is very easy to book a timeslot in South Auckland - actually, no need for booking - just rock along, bro ...

Canterbury however was long time neglected by the current government, they probably are looking after their clientele first.

My wife is (due to a health condition) in group 3. She booked (I think early July) the earliest timeslot offered to her and (hopefully) will get it later this week.

I am in group four and booked my timeslot roughly 4 weeks after her (whenever the government opened up the vaccination schedule for everybody) and got a timeslot a couple of days before her.

Organisation like a dogs breakfast - as I said. This government would not be able to organise a children's birthday party ...

Nothing wrong with "these" people - we just selected a bunch of people for government who are sadly not able to do an even basic administration job. OK - maybe this is wrong with us.
    ----

Dilettante

Similar here in Nelson. It was easy to book and lots of slots available. Very good & efficient experience for our family.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It depends where you live. I hear it is very easy to book a timeslot in South Auckland - actually, no need for booking - just rock along, bro ...

Canterbury however was long time neglected by the current government, they probably are looking after their clientele first.

My wife is (due to a health condition) in group 3. She booked (I think early July) the earliest timeslot offered to her and (hopefully) will get it later this week.
    On the Friday when I booked I was offered Monday afternoon at a location that had difficult parking.
    Saturday morning I went online and rebooked for Sunday afternoon at a more convenient location.
    I agree that it does depend on where you are but all we hear is the bad stories without balance.
    Have you tried looking for a better time?

You suggest that the Govt held up the bookings in Christchurch when it is the DHBs doing the work - unfortunately.
    Some DHBs need a bigger rocket up them than others. I was pleasantly surprised with the Waikato DHB considering their track record on other things.
    The sooner the DHBs are sorted the better we will all be.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Similar here in Nelson. It was easy to book and lots of slots available. Very good & efficient experience for our family.
    Things are so quiet in Dunedin they send out a free Uber. :-)
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 22-08-2021 at 05:28 PM.

On the Friday when I booked I was offered Monday afternoon at a location that had difficult parking.
    Saturday morning I went online and rebooked for Sunday afternoon at a more convenient location.
    I agree that it does depend on where you are but all we hear is the bad stories without balance.
    Have you tried looking for a better time?

You suggest that the Govt held up the bookings in Christchurch when it is the DHBs doing the work - unfortunately.
    Some DHBs need a bigger rocket up them than others. I was pleasantly surprised with the Waikato DHB considering their track record on other things.
    The sooner the DHBs are sorted the better we will all be.
    Nice to hear it works for some people, but I don't think you understand or listen (maybe the same problem our government has ...) - our problem was not to get the most convenient timeslot and than change it three times, our problem was to get any timeslot at all - and this for a person with an increased health risk.

But hey - after months of waiting my wife (risk group 3) will hopefully get her first jab this week. Looks like with this government you need to live in the right part of the country to get good health service, just wondering why we don't get a discount on our taxes given we seem to get third class health service compared to others.

Its here not like in other parts of the country where you just can rock along ... I had my first jab yesterday and they made very sure that you have an appointment and don't arrive too early.

Didn't Labour (while still in opposition) complain about different healthcare standards in NZ depending on where you live? Well, they had four years to fix this problem and based on our experience they made it worse. Canterbury used to be ok-ish, but not any more. Thanks, Labour!

But I hear you - they screwed up so many other problems they wanted to fix, why should this one be different?
    ----