sharetrader
Page 236 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1361862262322332342352362372382392402462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It depends where you live. I hear it is very easy to book a timeslot in South Auckland - actually, no need for booking - just rock along, bro ...

Canterbury however was long time neglected by the current government, they probably are looking after their clientele first.

My wife is (due to a health condition) in group 3. She booked (I think early July) the earliest timeslot offered to her and (hopefully) will get it later this week.

I am in group four and booked my timeslot roughly 4 weeks after her (whenever the government opened up the vaccination schedule for everybody) and got a timeslot a couple of days before her.

Organisation like a dogs breakfast - as I said. This government would not be able to organise a children's birthday party ...

Nothing wrong with "these" people - we just selected a bunch of people for government who are sadly not able to do an even basic administration job. OK - maybe this is wrong with us.
    The vaccine rollout has been haphazard in many respects. I have heard of one 60's person in good health who visited their GP for a routine annual check-up and was vaccinated on site after their doctor's appointment.

Another person tried to make an appointment online at their nearest vaccination venue but no slots were available so rang to speak to a human and got an appointment slot.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    On the Friday when I booked I was offered Monday afternoon at a location that had difficult parking.
    Saturday morning I went online and rebooked for Sunday afternoon at a more convenient location.
    I agree that it does depend on where you are but all we hear is the bad stories without balance.
    Have you tried looking for a better time?

You suggest that the Govt held up the bookings in Christchurch when it is the DHBs doing the work - unfortunately.
    Some DHBs need a bigger rocket up them than others. I was pleasantly surprised with the Waikato DHB considering their track record on other things.
    The sooner the DHBs are sorted the better we will all be.
    This government is very very quick to take credit for any success, small or big with the pandemic.

Only proper that Cindy takes responsibility for any failures and lack of co-ordination and problems with the vaccine rollout.

"From first in the queue to last in the queue." That's what this government promised (as usual) but delivered.

Guru

Zero cases on the Coromandel Peninsular.....do they have better immunity against 'highly infectious' viruses up there?
    A big Cindy propaganda speil at the moment as to why we all - from Cape Reinga to the Bluff and beyond - need to stay in draconian Level 4.
    She couldn't give a toss how many businesses go under, just a great way to exercise control.
    They must be getting tired off this c-rap down in the South Island.

Why is now the right time to get vaccinated(?) The right time to get vaccinated would have been months ago, before there was an outbreak, but this government went 'soft and late'.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 23-08-2021 at 04:16 PM.

IMO

Weren't enough vaccine months ago, keep up.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-08-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Weren't enough vaccine months ago, keep up.
    Don’t you mean “weren’t enough vaccines months ago because they didn’t keep up” ?

IMO

Nope , used up the supply as fast as ,but it was limited supply earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Nope , used up the supply as fast as ,but it was limited supply earlier.
    Limited supply, why?

Oh - because NZ went from front of the queue for vaccine to back of the queue, thanks to the all spin and no delivery Cindy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Limited supply, why?

Oh - because NZ went from front of the queue for vaccine to back of the queue, thanks to the all spin and no delivery Cindy.
    Wouldn't pay the premium so that NZers were kept safe. The duty was to put us at the front of the queue, instead they rested on their laurels and left us at the mercy of the next variant.

$40 million to get us to the front of the queue...nope, they didn't do it - they'd rather have long lockdowns that cost us billions. They'd rather put Kiwi lives at risk.

What a disgrace. And you won't hear a word of complaint about it from the hypocritical and deeply cynical Left. These are the same people who raved about our national debt under the Key government, and seemed to have completely forgotten about it from the day that Labour came to power in 2017. Not another word was heard. Many of them are trade union operatives or Leftist activists who are out there running interference for Labour and sweeping every item of non-delivery or incompetence under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Wouldn't pay the premium so that NZers were kept safe. The duty was to put us at the front of the queue, instead they rested on their laurels and left us at the mercy of the next variant.
    Apparently NZ wasn't offered the option to pay the premium, however I'm sure we could have asked? I think our relatively late change to be all-in on Pfizer rather than the alternatives, has also played a large part in the delay. IMO it would have been better to obtain enough vaccines consisting of the major varities to cover our entire population, and vaccinate extremely quickly. That was my position as an unqualified citizen, and thus far I am still standing by it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Nice to hear it works for some people, but I don't think you understand or listen (maybe the same problem our government has ...) - our problem was not to get the most convenient timeslot and than change it three times, our problem was to get any timeslot at all - and this for a person with an increased health risk.

But hey - after months of waiting my wife (risk group 3) will hopefully get her first jab this week. Looks like with this government you need to live in the right part of the country to get good health service, just wondering why we don't get a discount on our taxes given we seem to get third class health service compared to others.

Its here not like in other parts of the country where you just can rock along ... I had my first jab yesterday and they made very sure that you have an appointment and don't arrive too early.
    One region we have business relations within apparently has a 2 month wait for the first jab of the group 4 vaccinations.