sharetrader
Page 257 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1572072472532542552562572582592602612673073577571257 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    Keep in mind that it was only about a month ago that Aussie & NZ were pretty much at equal pegging for folk numbers of fully vaccinated. Now Aussie is well and truly out performing NZ. They are sitting at 36% whereas we are now 11% behind at 25%.
    But we have more with the 1st shot.
    A month ago that was Aussie.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I don't think we yet know his citizenship status
    I don't think we know much of anything because there is a suppression order (that the Govt will attempt to get lifted).
    That doesn't seem to be stopping a certain rabid individual from commenting.

Balance is so quick to judge on the facts he doesn't know.
    Only he could turn this into a political issue.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I don't think we know much of anything because there is a suppression order (that the Govt will attempt to get lifted).

Balance might be jumping the gun....but when the facts become clear this will undoubtedly become political.

Phil Goff this morning alluded to the Hate Speech laws that Labour are looking to push through. The horrible irony is that I can see them using this to justify draconian measures on everyone, when if existing laws were properly applied it would be unnecessary. Watch this space!

Guru

Balance might be jumping the gun....but when the facts become clear this will undoubtedly become political.

Phil Goff this morning alluded to the Hate Speech laws that Labour are looking to push through. The horrible irony is that I can see them using this to justify draconian measures on everyone, when if existing laws were properly applied it would be unnecessary. Watch this space!
    This reasonably lays out what is known about 'S' - premium unfortunately
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/why-is...UHDHJILE2C3TI/
    The Crown sought to prosecute a 32-year-old man — known only as "S" for legal reasons — under the Terrorism Suppression Act 2002, but a High Court judge ruled that preparing a terrorist attack was not in itself an offence under the legislation.

S was instead prosecuted on lesser charges. On May 26, he was found guilty by a jury of possessing propaganda-style material supportive of Islamic State. He was acquitted on other charges of possessing a graphic video depicting a prisoner being decapitated and possession of an offensive weapon.

According to a report prepared for his sentencing in July, S has "the means and motivation to commit violence in the community". Despite the police concerns about the threat to public safety, S was sentenced to one year of supervision, a community-based sentence designed to rehabilitate low-level offenders.
    There is a law change before the select committee I believe to address some of this.

You are right, though, that changes in the law will be seen as draconian by many.
    Politicians never win so long as people think they are doing things for the wrong reason.

Guru

This reasonably lays out what is known about 'S' - premium unfortunately
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/why-is...UHDHJILE2C3TI/

There is a law change before the select committee I believe to address some of this.

You are right, though, that changes in the law will be seen as draconian by many.
    Politicians never win so long as people think they are doing things for the wrong reason.
    Again, difficult to say without the full details, bit if a Judge found that preparing a terrorist attack is not a crime then that judge has no business being on the bench. Planning any number of different crimes, is enough on its own to get you jailed.

Guru

I don't think we yet know his citizenship status
    Having arrived here ten years ago as an adult, we know that his citizenship of origin is not NZ. A citizen by grant's citizenship can be cancelled in certain circumstances.

It will be interesting to know where he got radicalised.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-09-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Watch your Cindy milk this for that she can politically - strong & compassionate leadership blah blah blah

Think she will be wearing the hijab this afternoon when she addresses NZ from the truth (oops … spin & bs) pulpit?

Again, difficult to say without the full details, bit if a Judge found that preparing a terrorist attack is not a crime then that judge has no business being on the bench. Planning any number of different crimes, is enough on its own to get you jailed.
    Read the write up of the judge & it does not fill one with confidence about judicial appointments.

Quiet Observer

But we have more with the 1st shot.
    A month ago that was Aussie.
    I'm afraid you aren't correct on that one Dobby.

Aussie is still clearly ahead of NZ for % of eligible population where just the 1st shot has been administered.

Aussie - 61%
    NZ - 57%

What is also concerning is when our PM (the Chief-in-Commander of "the source of truth") says, "sorry sheeple, we have a demand issue, not a supply issue with the vaccine".

Rather bad optics, especially for her!
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Having arrived here ten years ago as an adult, we know that his citizenship of origin is not NZ. A citizen by grant's citizenship can be cancelled in certain circumstances.

It will be interesting to know where he got radicalised.
    He's from Ceylon.