sharetrader
Page 258 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1582082482542552562572582592602612622683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    He's from Ceylon.
    He may have got radicalised after his arrival in Aotearoa.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-09-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    He may have got radicalised after his arrival in NZ.
    Possibly, but more likely he arrived as the finished product.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    I'm afraid you aren't correct on that one Dobby.

Aussie is still clearly ahead of NZ for % of eligible population where just the 1st shot has been administered.

Aussie - 61%
    NZ - 57%

What is also concerning is when our PM (the Chief-in-Commander of "the source of truth") says, "sorry sheeple, we have a demand issue, not a supply issue with the vaccine".

Rather bad optics, especially for her!
    Yep. ScoMo got 4 million Pfizer doses from his fellow right winger mate BoJo. I thought our PM was also trying to source more doses too. It is a pity we were not a party to that deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-wounded.html

The headlines sum up the arse-about-face terrorist law of NZ perfectly :

‘ ISIS supporter was let free to rampage as powerless cops watched him 24/7 waiting for him to attack.’

After the CHCh terror massacre in 2019, what has the Labour government been doing to fix NZ’s obviously archaic & ineffectual anti terrorist laws in the last 2.5 years?

Where are the useless turd

police minister Poto ‘I represent South Auckland criminals’ Williams

&

justice minister Kris 'Completely out of his depths & it shows' Faafoi?

WTF have they been doing? Yet another great example of Cindy promising plenty and delivering, in this case critical injuries to 6 NZers.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-09-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Legend

Jacinda - wastes no time getting on top of things.

P.M. Jacinda.jpg

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Again, difficult to say without the full details, bit if a Judge found that preparing a terrorist attack is not a crime then that judge has no business being on the bench. Planning any number of different crimes, is enough on its own to get you jailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Read the write up of the judge & it does not fill one with confidence about judicial appointments.
    To both - don't they have to follow the law?

Preparing - thinking - thought crime? I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the law but if the judge says he can't convict then who am I (or you) to say he is wrong?
    Whatever - the law needs to change but be prepared for noise about unintended consequences or that it could be used for other things.
    Remember the law last year that said police could come into your house to check for a party (under level 4) (don't quote me on the exact law) and people here were saying that police state was next?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    [url]
    After the CHCh terror massacre in 2019, what has the Labour government been doing to fix NZ’s obviously archaic & ineffectual anti terrorist laws in the last 2.5 years?
    A change is before the select committee I believe - passed the first reading in May.
    I believe, from what I read, that this person and the inability to prosecute for 'planning' an attack (whatever that means) prompted it.

Maybe they should just make new rules on the fly - sort of like a dictatorship could do (or your favoured China - now they know how to fix things)?

Guru

Police are out there arresting people for breaking the COVID curfew without good cause. Shouldn’t they be waiting until these people are either infected or infect someone else(?) Amazing that you can be arrested in NZ for leaving your house for reasons other than exercising or getting food or going to a workplace as an essential worker, but if you are planning a terrorist attack you are apparently doing nothing wrong. That’s what they said on the radio today: it’s not an offence to plan an attack. I wonder if they had uncovered that he was putting together plans to blow up Parliament whether that might be an issue.
    When all is said and done, I’d rather take my chances of walking past someone in Taihape who is wearing a mask than confronting an ISIS terrorist who has just sunk a knife between my shoulder blades.

Since this country embraced left wing ideologies wholesale and as a matter of course we have become much less safe and moreover, we have become quite bizarre as a country. We are sadly lacking in good old fashioned common sense.

When an Australian madman came here here and did something horrific suddenly the spotlight was turned on NZ Europeans and the political Right as if that terrorist had been spawned here. Apparently the police were ‘looking in the wrong place’. The ‘ideology of hate’ was apparently something unique to ‘racist’ (white) NZers.

We are still yet to spawn a NZ born & raised terrorist here. Terrorist acts on our soil have been perpetrated by imports.

We’ve been told that police were ‘looking in the wrong place’. I think we need to know how many other Jihadi’s are on the NZ ‘watch list’ and how many ticking time bombs there are out there with police resources traipsing around monitoring them.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    I'm afraid you aren't correct on that one Dobby.

Aussie is still clearly ahead of NZ for % of eligible population where just the 1st shot has been administered.

Aussie - 61%
    NZ - 57%
    Of course, we are reporting the % of eligible population 12+ (ie those eligible) whereas Aussie is reporting 16+ even though 12+ are eligible now.
    Clever really!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    To both - don't they have to follow the law?

Preparing - thinking - thought crime? I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the law but if the judge says he can't convict then who am I (or you) to say he is wrong?
    Whatever - the law needs to change but be prepared for noise about unintended consequences or that it could be used for other things.
    Remember the law last year that said police could come into your house to check for a party (under level 4) (don't quote me on the exact law) and people here were saying that police state was next?
    So you're saying people are being over the top in decrying the advent of a Police State, while calling for harsher laws, when the problem appears to be the current laws are wrongly implemented.

If the guy is on a charge of assaulting corrections staff, and he is already on 24 hour surveillance, who in their right mind would give him bail on the assault charge?