sharetrader
Page 265 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 1652152552612622632642652662672682692753153657651265 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 14308
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BDL View Post
    So who are these neighbours? Are they a problem too?
    Are they real?
    If they are then I'm sure that the authorities have them on their radar.

Legend

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yep. NZ needs a public broadcaster -along the lines of the BBC, ABC and CBC, and then the government would not have to pay for other media to produce the occasional minority interest item.

I seem to remember the media gave Max Key, the cheeky young planker, screeds of feel good column space as a humanising factor for the Key first family.

Disgusting woman and a media which has sold its soul in NZ for $$$$.

Dilettante

Posted this on the coronavirus thread but I suppose it equally belongs here,

Just listened to Hipkins on the radio. He all but confirmed the Government has done a multi country deal to ensure continuous vaccine delivery. But of course he didn't fully confirm it so no doubt it will be announced from the pulpit of truth at 1 PM. Hopefully it will be a good announcement and good to see the Government finally reacting to immense pressure and disappointment with their suggestion they'd need to "reduce demand" !!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Posted this on the coronavirus thread but I suppose it equally belongs here,

Just listened to Hipkins on the radio. He all but confirmed the Government has done a multi country deal to ensure continuous vaccine delivery. But of course he didn't fully confirm it so no doubt it will be announced from the pulpit of truth at 1 PM. Hopefully it will be a good announcement and good to see the Government finally reacting to immense pressure and disappointment with their suggestion they'd need to "reduce demand" !!
    And I thought that, at the time they said we might run out, they also said that they were working on ways to get more vaccine in time?
    It wasn't pressure they reacted to - it was the situation they found themselves in.
    But, hey, if your version works for you go with it - it's the outcome that counts most.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It wasn't pressure they reacted to - it was the situation they found themselves in.
    Translation - it was the situation they put themselves in.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    And I thought that, at the time they said we might run out, they also said that they were working on ways to get more vaccine in time?
    But, hey, if your version works for you go with it - it's the outcome that counts most.
    I was actually commending the Government for finally getting this done but you obviously wake up with your blinkers on. They have been under immense pressure from various media on this issue. That is just a fact as you surely have seen by reading, listening to or watching media in the last couple of weeks.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was actually commending the Government for finally getting this done but you obviously wake up with your blinkers on. They have been under immense pressure from various media on this issue. That is just a fact as you surely have seen by reading, listening to or watching media in the last couple of weeks.
    They were under pressure, and should be, but they were already working on it.
    You did say (my emphasis) "good to see the Government finally reacting to immense pressure "

Guru

Translation - it was the situation they put themselves in.
    Yes - they allowed it to happen.
    They could have restricted supply to stick to the plan.