sharetrader
Page 287 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1872372772832842852862872882892902912973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 14319
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Coooeee dobby41. I didn't hear back from you. Are you, or have you been on the Labour payroll? I've seen this asked of you before without a reply. It would be good to clear it up.
    I'm happy to declare I am not affiliated with any political party.....and never have been.
    Lots of questions get asked of people without a reply.
    I didn't reply because I didn't think it was a serious question.

For the record, I am not, and never have been, paid by Labour or any political party.
    I am not, and have never been, been a member of (or affiliated with, or gone to a meeting of) a political party, or any pressure group for that matter.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Meanwhile, public housing waiting list at record high - 3 times more than 3 years ago.

Cindy is doing such a great job, creating poverty & demand as her plan to breed more beneficiaries & Labour supporters bears abundant fruit.

As for dobby41 blaming National, how long has Cindy been in power to create such a housing disaster?
    On the other hand, I think it is quite ironic how much of the traditionally labour-supporting segment of the electorate have been left further behind under Ardern’s Labour.

Guru

Is it? In many developed countries the working class support conservative parties, including in Australia.

Maybe not here though so far.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-09-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    My goodness - 254 out of how many houses sold?
    "The analysis found that in 2018, Kainga Ora bought 55 starter homes under the first-home grant caps. It bought a further 117 in 2019, 72 in 2020 and another 10 this year. It's a total of 254, meaning nearly a quarter of the homes it's buying rather than building are affordable homes."
    You may take some solace from that, and assuming first home grants are the only existing homes they bought, but these purchases are not building anything new, creating a stimulus to the economy, but stealing existing housing stock from Kiwi battlers who are taxed to allow Kangaroo to pay above market.
    Then to add insult to injury, the home I am aware is then let for 2% gross rental of value, which is from taxpayer paid benefit anyway.

Have you ever had one of these people come up to you, and thank you for your generousity?

Do you notice that nine out of 10 times when there is a house fire, it is State stock?

I know of 6 that have been stripped out from P lab use within short distance from where I live.

Have you ever had one give you some vegetables grown in the fertile back yard, or instead do you see them taking from the foodbank?.
    Last edited by Getty; 16-09-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Answer me these
    - where did the demand suddenly come from? Where were these people housed before?
    - if they used to be in rental accommodation then why isn't all that rental accommodation empty?
    - how, exactly, did this Govt create a housing disaster?
    Some good questions. Some thoughts, just my opinions though reasonably well informed ....

We have been told numerous times by the government that the social housing waiting list has increased significantly because people are better informed now than they were. The social housing waiting list has quadrupled since September 2017 with around 2000 households added each month.

Households in motels etc - there are in fact a lot of empty rentals out there. Around 8,000 at any point on Trademe alone. Enough to house all those households twice over. The next question is why are they not moving into these from motels? The answers to that would give some clues.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Seems like an inherited problem. 76k+ migrants in National's last year with no where to place them......
    Must have been living under bridges then. Except they were not.

Guru

Nope only 8 per room in an auckland apartment.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Some good questions. Some thoughts, just my opinions though reasonably well informed ....

We have been told numerous times by the government that the social housing waiting list has increased significantly because people are better informed now than they were. The social housing waiting list has quadrupled since September 2017 with around 2000 households added each month.
    If there are 2000 added every month where were they living last month?
    I can't get my head around this - it is as if they didn't exist last month.
    When we had high immigration I could have believed this but now?

Households in motels etc - there are in fact a lot of empty rentals out there. Around 8,000 at any point on Trademe alone. Enough to house all those households twice over. The next question is why are they not moving into these from motels? The answers to that would give some clues.
    The 8000 on Trademe are hardly 'empty' - between tenants maybe (and some, not even that - I would list the moment I had been given 28 days notice (now) but it wouldn't be empty).
    There will always be churn, it isn't like you could house someone between tenancies.
    I'd be more concerned about the wastage where people leave them empty because they make more out of tax-free capital gain without the bother of having to manage tenants.
    But that is their right, isn't it!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Must have been living under bridges then. Except they were not.
    They were in cars - I saw it on TV at the time.
    You don't see that now - progress?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Nope only 8 per room in an auckland apartment.
    I don't doubt there are some who live in crowded conditions. Census data 2018 reports South Auckland has most overcrowding, Pacifika families highest.

Landlords are hardly ever interested in having overcrowded rentals, why would they be?