sharetrader
Page 288 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1882382782842852862872882892902912922983383887881288 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 14320

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    They were in cars - I saw it on TV at the time.
    You don't see that now - progress?
    Actually they were mostly in rental properties now made unaffordable by Cindy's housing policies.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    On the other hand, I think it is quite ironic how much of the traditionally labour-supporting segment of the electorate have been left further behind under Ardern’s Labour.

I think the idea of the traditional Labour supporter being 1950's poor working class & the unemployed is well and truely long gone.

Since Key & English, Labour's moved into the middle ground traditionally held by National, leaving National floundering in a small space between the middle & the right - ACT.
    Is National a Christian Conservative party or a socially liberal party, a socially conservative party, a party for big business & tax breaks for the rich or cutting Public services & Benefits ? It seems to be all over the place.

Labour voters come from progressives & aspirational home owning urban liberals, (even many farmers) traditional National supporters, who have done very well with rocketing house prices and a buoyant sharemarket.
    And Adern extremely popular with women from all socio-economic groups.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Is it? In many developed countries the working class support conservative parties, including in Australia.

Maybe not here though so far.
    Really? There has been some change in the UK where “working class” Brexit supporters may have turned to the Brexit promoting Conservative Party. However I doubt a similar shift has already occurred in NZ or Australia. Although, after the Covid response, maybe it will.

deleted deleted
    Last edited by Balance; 16-09-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I think the idea of the traditional Labour supporter being 1950's poor working class & the unemployed is well and truely long gone.

Since Key & English, Labour's moved into the middle ground traditionally held by National, leaving National floundering in a small space between the middle & the right - ACT.
    Is National a Christian Conservative party or a socially liberal party, a socially conservative party, a party for big business & tax breaks for the rich or cutting Public services & Benefits ? It seems to be all over the place.

Labour voters come from progressives & aspirational home owning urban liberals, (even many farmers) traditional National supporters, who have done very well with rocketing house prices and a buoyant sharemarket.
    Any research to back this change in support?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-09-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

National is not national anymore too, lots of buying of land and houses by wealthy overseas citizens plus migration.
    Then the asset sales which are slowly being gobbled up by American banks.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Coooeee dobby41. I didn't hear back from you. Are you, or have you been on the Labour payroll? I've seen this asked of you before without a reply. It would be good to clear it up.
    I'm happy to declare I am not affiliated with any political party.....and never have been.
    You're not going to get an answer from him, so I'll help you. Yes. He has been on their payroll for the last three years.

Guru

Act = do not act.
    The philosophy of don't do anything at all

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Actually they were mostly in rental properties now made unaffordable by Cindy's housing policies.
    Who are now in those properties?
    I asked you these questions already and I gather you don't have any answers - quick pokes are easier?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    NZ spy agencies will still colaborate.

The "club" you are talking about is responsible for the Iraq and Afghanstan failures. all in it together and all failing.
    Those three countries obviously think their alliance is worth formalising further and strengthening.