sharetrader
Page 297 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 1972472872932942952962972982993003013073473977971297 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 14318
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    This is after Ashley saying the other day in the standup (with Robertson) that he'd like to see 90% or more (of population or eligible?) vaccinated.
    It's a good target, 100% is better, but can we get there?
    If we don't, does it mean we don't open up?
    Would 85% be 'turned to custard' in your view? How about 87%, or 80%? (Even Israel has 'only' managed 69% of pop, and the UK 71%.)
    This is the problem with a target, isn't it!
    As is usual when this lot have painted themselves into a corner, there is some blurred messaging and then a full on assault with the new propaganda. That appears to be the case here, hence why at this stage Ardern and Hipkins are at arm's length.

The fact that the Herald appear to have been brought on board with articles that suddenly appear with a 90% target, alongside Government Covid adds targeting 90%, is of course entirely coincidental! I have a bridge for sale in London you may be interested in as well.

Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuP4jOc4ibo

Only months out from an Australian election so the submarine deal comes at a good time for ScoMo.

To be delivered sometime after 2050, after he's long deceased.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    As is usual when this lot have painted themselves into a corner, there is some blurred messaging and then a full on assault with the new propaganda. That appears to be the case here, hence why at this stage Ardern and Hipkins are at arm's length.

The fact that the Herald appear to have been brought on board with articles that suddenly appear with a 90% target, alongside Government Covid adds targeting 90%, is of course entirely coincidental! I have a bridge for sale in London you may be interested in as well.
    You don't have an answer to Blue Skies callout of your message accuracy?
    You seem to have taken my comment as total support of the Govt - I am merely adding (Ashley's comment) and asking you a question, which I don't expect you'd answer.

I haven't seen the Govt covid ads targeting 90%, or maybe you are calling the NZME campaign an ad? (But you did say alongside so I read that they have actual ads which I haven't seen.)

Guru

You don't have an answer to Blue Skies callout of your message accuracy?
    You seem to have taken my comment as total support of the Govt - I am merely adding (Ashley's comment) and asking you a question, which I don't expect you'd answer.

I haven't seen the Govt covid ads targeting 90%, or maybe you are calling the NZME campaign an ad? (But you did say alongside so I read that they have actual ads which I haven't seen.)
    I figured I answered you and Blue Skies with the one post....I'm efficient like that....i don't work for the government.

The 90% target campaign is NZME's own? Seeing as it is run in the same place as all the government's Covid ads as a banner above the story, I assumed it was part of their normal advertising. Am I wrong about that? If I am, I guess it reinforces how closely the two are joined at the hip. It's impossible to tell them apart.

Guru

The 90% target campaign is NZME's own? Seeing as it is run in the same place as all the government's Covid ads as a banner above the story, I assumed it was part of their normal advertising. Am I wrong about that? If I am, I guess it reinforces how closely the two are joined at the hip. It's impossible to tell them apart.
    So where you said "alongside Government Covid adds targeting 90%" you didn't mean that they literally had an ad (ads not adds) that targeted 90%? That was your addition?

Guru

So where you said "alongside Government Covid adds targeting 90%" you didn't mean that they literally had an ad (ads not adds) that targeted 90%? That was your addition?
    FFS dobby41, there was a banner ad across the top! Are things so desperate that you need to split hairs in Ardern's defence? She has a propaganda machine that we, as taxpayers, funded to the tune of 100 million dollars, not withstanding the millions she is already spending across every government department....all part of the most "clear and transparent" government ever.

Where are she and Hipkins when it comes to the 90%? Where are she and Hipkins when it comes to the repeatedly asked data sharing? Presumably busy drafting exactly how they mean to share it in the Domestic Passport!

BTW, the fact that I'm having to copy and paste across two threads (this and the Labour thread) shows how tightly bound Ardern's strategy is. Remember the Covid Election? (Ardern's words). She is the most Machiavellian politician since Machiavelli.

Guru

FFS dobby41, there was a banner ad across the top! Are things so desperate that you need to split hairs in Ardern's defence?
    I don't see it as splitting hairs - you suggested that there is a Govt ad targeting 90% when there isn't!
    Who made the banner and what it says I have no idea (I use ABP so probably miss them).
    You are happy to be loose with the truth.
    You analyse every word through your lens of the preconceived negative views of the Govt and are unable to see anything else.
    You take them out of context to suit your narrative.
    You seem to be getting as bad as balance harping on the way you do - and in 2 threads no less.
    I'm out of this pointless bit of the discussion.

Guru

I don't see it as splitting hairs - you suggested that there is a Govt ad targeting 90% when there isn't!
    Who made the banner and what it says I have no idea (I use ABP so probably miss them).
    You are happy to be loose with the truth.
    You analyse every word through your lens of the preconceived negative views of the Govt and are unable to see anything else.
    You take them out of context to suit your narrative.
    You seem to be getting as bad as balance harping on the way you do - and in 2 threads no less.
    I'm out of this pointless bit of the discussion.
    If it's not the government or the Herald....who would it be?

Advanced Member

There is a view that we were best left out of it. It's just not strongly articulated in this article and certainly doesn't merit the headline given the article's content. So, naturally enough I'm left asking "Why?". Oh that's right, Ardern's government fed the media 100 million.

I'm curious where you get this often repeated figure of $100 million bribe to the media from.

It seems wildly inaccurate though am happy to be corrected.

Govt support to the media is clearly published & transparent for the last financial year.

The big media companies recieved -
    TVNZ was biggest beneficiary with $5 million, + $1.1 million advertising spend.
    Stuff, $2.37 million, + $1.15 million advertising spend
    NZME (Herald and ZB radio ) $2.19 million + $1.9 million advertising spend

The rest spread among small publications, paywalls etc.

(In 2020 the govt announced a $50 million support package to help media through the Covid pandemic. Of that $50 million, $21 million was to cut transmission fees ).

Important to be reasonably in the ball park esp when often repeated, otherwise people might begin to accept $100 million as fact.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...--who-got-what

Guru

Yep lots of funding included for newstalk ZB.