sharetrader
Page 357 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 2573073473533543553563573583593603613674074578571357 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 14286
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Great to see Labour and National working together on legislation to overcome the housing crisis.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300433304/labour-national-announce-sweeping-housing-density-law-threestorey-homes-without-consent

Labour, National announce sweeping housing density law, three-storey homes without consent.
    Environment Minister David Parker and Housing Minister Megan Woods are making the announcement alongside National leader Judith Collins and housing spokeswoman Nicola Willis in a rare show of bipartisanship.
    “Working with National on these changes delivers stable enduring policy on urban density. This gives homeowners, councils, developers and investors certainty about enduring planning rules,” Woods said.

Collins said adversarial politics should be put aside in case of an emergency – and housing had become an emergency.
    National has been pushing the Government to move faster to loosen planning laws and allow more housing to be built as prices have spiralled upwards.
    Willis wrote to the Government earlier this year to offer bipartisan support for more drastic measures.
    Parker and Woods wrote back to Willis in late-June and work has been ongoing since then.
    There you go with uneducated posts

You honestly think this is going to fix the problems?

You are seriously uneducated

We are at compacity, we have NO MORE BUILDERS

It's already a 3 year wait in Wellington for a builder.

This is just going to drive land prices up.

There's going to be a land grab over the next few years, who's going to build the house's dumb arse.. you?

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

I've never come across such a bunch of numbskulls on a forum, an investor forum at that who don't understand the very basics of economics.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I've never come across such a bunch of numbskulls on a forum, an investor forum at that who don't understand the very basics of economics.
    I think I understand how it all plays out according to MuskRat.

Inflation goes up, MuskRat wins.

Interest rates go up, MuskRat wins.

There is a massive crash, MuskRat wins.

MuskRat always wins, but then again MuskRat is a legend in MuskRats own mind.

This is for dummies like Moka and Logan sticky Ninefingers who don't understand the housing market, are not invested in it.

When politicians come out with tripe like today, the sheep always fall for it.

-We don't have the construction industry to catch up

-This doesn't help infrastructure, schools,road's, waste water, everything else but subdivision cost.

-We need to import labour to build more houses, this will simply drive up housing and rents

-Ireland managed to have an oversupply because they were able to import traveling construction companies across the EU visa free

-If we even came close to catching up to housing stock this would happen:

Banks would stop lending to construction to protect there capital

The government of the day would most likely protect house prices by opening the immigration flood gates

The RBNZ would step in to protect the housing market, because New Zealand's economy is the housing market.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 19-10-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    This is for dummies like Moka and Logan sticky Ninefingers who don't understand the housing market, are not invested in it....
    Everything you said. But while there might be more new builds coming let us not forget the many changes this government has made to the rental market. The changes are seriously and significantly discouraging housing or keeping even slightly risky tenants. They are not top of the list for existing rentals let alone brand new. That is a housing crisis, and the taxpayer is the solution. Sorry taxpayers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Wow, $1.3 Billion over 4 years. Did NZ suddenly stumble across a huge financial windfall?! I haven't read anything about income tax increasing, or a capital gains tax coming into being - so how are we paying for this? Or are we just going full 'silly season' until the onset of 'The Great Reset'? I get the feeling Robertson and co aren't even pretending any more. ...
    Income Tax top rate has just increased to 38%, bracket creep, Depreciation rules made tougher, bright line extended, inflation increasing. However Ardern did rule out a general CGT.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Everything you said. But while there might be more new builds coming let us not forget the many changes this government has made to the rental market. The changes are seriously and significantly discouraging housing or keeping even slightly risky tenants. They are not top of the list for existing rentals let alone brand new. That is a housing crisis, and the taxpayer is the solution. Sorry taxpayers.
    Yep the tax regime may need a boost and reform if the state has to house the difficult tenants.

This cross party collaboration has come at least twenty years too late. Will they collaborate on the rental environment, tax regime and trades training? As a previous poster said, if you don't have the trades or infrastructure then what will it mean for actual supply...

As an aside, and not directed at you, the increase in name-calling of other posters on this thread is quite unpleasant. Disagreeing with and discussing other posters' opinions is one of the raisons d'ętre of the forum, but name-calling makes it unpleasant - In my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 20-10-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Disagreeing with and discussing other posters' opinions is one of the raisons d'ętre of the forum, but name-calling makes it unpleasant - In my opinion anyway.
    Agreed, although you have called me narcissistic.

Yes I am arrogant, my wife tells me that all the time!

"Intelligent" forum members reading my post understand I'm taking the piss out of myself and other rich pricks,

And when I explain how the system works and benefits me it just makes people angry instead of wanting to understand how it works, members prefer to insult me.(admittedly I enjoy it sometimes).
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 20-10-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Income Tax top rate has just increased to 38%, bracket creep, Depreciation rules made tougher, bright line extended, inflation increasing. However Ardern did rule out a general CGT.
    39% is the new top rate. Like me, Arthur Laffer will not be impressed. Labour are showing their economic ignorance with this; but perhaps the worst example of financial naivety is not recogmising mortgage interest as a deductible expense on residential rentals - IOW taxing turnover rather than profit. Unjust and unworkable.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 20-10-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Yes Agreed,I just sold a property and one more on the market both cgt free.

I heard tenants couldn't find another place and were in a motel

After costs should have about 1.5million added to my own diversified stock portfolio, that safe investment section is going to earn me atleast 15% (225kp.a)

Not to mention the easy access to U.S investment banking margin lending at about 3%

I remember Adrian Orr recommending we do this at a press conference, we'll I was ahead of his game.

As for the tenants?

Well that's just basic economics I learned in 7th form.